Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Yes they are, right now the lineup just does not justify that pricing.

According to you of course.  Was actually trying to work out the value to me per act and whether it’s worthwhile this year 

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

According to you of course.  Was actually trying to work out the value to me per act and whether it’s worthwhile this year 

Well to me it's a case of is Victorious and an accommodation option worth what I'd pay for Glastonbury minus around £100?, given the distance that the camping is away as well.

So if you then price that based on Harry Law at £180 for 3 nights, overall £400 with camping you're probably looking at.

Based on the double if you get them at rees, you're clearing £400.

I've got £100s worth of acts maybe on that lineup to see, bearing in mind you are watching them outdoors with any weather conditions applying compared to if you pay to see them indoors, no weather, no wind taking the sound etc

53 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Well to me it's a case of is Victorious and an accommodation option worth what I'd pay for Glastonbury minus around £100?, given the distance that the camping is away as well.

So if you then price that based on Harry Law at £180 for 3 nights, overall £400 with camping you're probably looking at.

I've got £100s worth of acts maybe on that lineup to see, bearing in mind you are watching them outdoors with any weather conditions applying compared to if you pay to see them indoors, no weather, no wind taking the sound etc

Still over half the line up to come of course.

Think comparing any UK Festival to Glastonbury is a bit harsh as Glastonbury is completely unique.

I agree it doesn’t represent the value it once did, particularly for us non-locals, but it consistently delivers a line-up that is generally to my taste.

Like I said when the first lot of acts were announced for us (me and the missus) we both were pretty underwhelmed... it will have to be a decent lot put on for us to get the cheque book out... we spent well over a grand last year all in ... cant justify that type of dosh on that line up at the mo...

1 hour ago, John L said:

Still over half the line up to come of course.

Think comparing any UK Festival to Glastonbury is a bit harsh as Glastonbury is completely unique.

I agree it doesn’t represent the value it once did, particularly for us non-locals, but it consistently delivers a line-up that is generally to my taste.

The only comparison reasons I chose Glastonbury was the price overall, not by act etc wise.

But victorious although 60k, it isn't majorly different booking wise to what the likes of Y Not, Kendal and Boardmasters pull in money wise.

If Victorious has onsite camping it would be a better option for me. I'd say overall your £200 for a week with camping wouldn't be that bad catering for the odd bigger acta they get that the Y Nots don't overall.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

But you’d have to add on Glamping for Glasto too then if you’re going like for like. (And of course Glasto is a massively poor comparison).  

For me if you said £400 for 3 nights in a hotel, seeing Jamie T, Biffy, Etc…. Bank holiday weekend, well that’s not horrific.

My issue is it’s my whole family so suddenly it’s about £1200 plus spends! Becomes a very expensive weekend 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

But you’d have to add on Glamping for Glasto too then if you’re going like for like. (And of course Glasto is a massively poor comparison).  

For me if you said £400 for 3 nights in a hotel, seeing Jamie T, Biffy, Etc…. Bank holiday weekend, well that’s not horrific.

My issue is it’s my whole family so suddenly it’s about £1200 plus spends! Becomes a very expensive weekend 

Yeah there is no way I'd spend £1200.

Also, I don't think think would would have to add glaming, it's posh camping....its not a hotel room with a private shower etc so it's still not the comparison. But I don't need or want to spent £180 for accommodation. I would spend £60/70 if I had to for a place to put my head for a days festival or a gig I really wanted to go to but that's a one thing. I will have to hotel it for Monumental Festival for example if I went there but that's probably £100 for a hotel and a days festival that could cost £60 easily down south.

49 minutes ago, roonboyz08 said:

I haven't bought a weekend ticket in a few years but do they still send them out as single days still e.g. Friday ticket, Saturday ticket and Sunday ticket? As I'm not sure I'm going for the Saturday yet. Cheers

No, it's now just one ticket and you get a wristband for the weekend when you first enter.

I know we know that the top 4 of the common on Friday is:

Fatboy, Snow Patrol, Idles, Louis Tomlinson

But do people expect the top 3’s of the other days to be:

Jamie T, Courteeners, The Lathums

Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill, Arlo Parks

Basically… I don’t want The Lathums clashing with Courteeners.  Makes more sense that Holly Humberstone is opposite them I guess. 

Edited by sisco

52 minutes ago, sisco said:

I know we know that the top 4 of the common on Friday is:

Fatboy, Snow Patrol, Idles, Louis Tomlinson

But do people expect the top 3’s of the other days to be:

Jamie T, Courteeners, The Lathums

Biffy Clyro, Becky Hill, Arlo Parks

Basically… I don’t want The Lathums clashing with Courteeners.  Makes more sense that Holly Humberstone is opposite them I guess. 

Thing that would make this tempting if The Coral are back is, I almost know I won't be at Fatboy Slims actual set because something clashing is always a more valid option. At some point though, you can see Fatboy Slim any year won't be an option.

For Biffy Clyro though, I have to go back to IOW 2019 to find a festival set in England from them I find worthwhile now.

36 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Thing that would make this tempting if The Coral are back is, I almost know I won't be at Fatboy Slims actual set because something clashing is always a more valid option. At some point though, you can see Fatboy Slim any year won't be an option.

For Biffy Clyro though, I have to go back to IOW 2019 to find a festival set in England from them I find worthwhile now.

Can’t wait for Biffy, they’re the main reason we’ll no doubt end up going

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I have no interest in Saturday though, not one act really.

I really like Jamie T, never seen Courteeners before so would be happy to see them and I thought The Lathums were great at Glasto so would see them too.  Be nice to add a couple more during the 2nd announcement 

44 minutes ago, sisco said:

I really like Jamie T, never seen Courteeners before so would be happy to see them and I thought The Lathums were great at Glasto so would see them too.  Be nice to add a couple more during the 2nd announcement 

The Lathums were though it was a bit of a one and done. I saw them at Y Not as wasn't so interested.

Its fairly poor that Y Not get Noel and we do not. I think he is suggested almost every year as a shoe in. I thought he would be a perfect headliner for Victorious and maybe a name they smallerSuperstruct event might not have.

It's made worse that one of our headliners is Jamie T who is headlining lots of smaller festivals, He now looks a very poor choice for Victorious. It would have looked better if he was not everywhere else. A real lazy booking, not so bad if he was  Castle.