Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

My point is, people didn't go....ohh The 1975 are finally playing it.

No probably not - mind you they did sell out a huge arena tour a month later including 4 o2 nights

When Biffy replaced QOTSA my group were all like ffs

Edited by gfa

5 hours ago, gfa said:

No probably not - mind you they did sell out a huge arena tour a month later including 4 o2 nights

When Biffy replaced QOTSA my group were all like ffs

After Biffy Clyros latest album outputs that doesn't surprise me. Saturday Superhouse is the only song I'm bothered about hearing again from them and it's a song that's unlikely to be included these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know when the University accommodation goes on sale? I’ve decided to give this a go next year but can only afford the Uni places as the hotels are so expensive and camping is not for me these days!

So I can’t really book Festival tickets until I’ve got the Uni sorted yet Festival tickets are due to go up in price soon which seems a bit harsh?

7 hours ago, John L said:

Anyone know when the University accommodation goes on sale? I’ve decided to give this a go next year but can only afford the Uni places as the hotels are so expensive and camping is not for me these days!

So I can’t really book Festival tickets until I’ve got the Uni sorted yet Festival tickets are due to go up in price soon which seems a bit harsh?

Early Jan (I think the 6th last year). Keep an eye on the victorious website and Twitter 

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2023 at 6:58 PM, kelstar said:

Been into town recently and we parked in crasswell street. What bloody happened, most of it is closed! Thinking a lot of victorious people could use it and now can’t! Any locals know what’s going on?

Not sure, that’s the main car park I use. Maybe problems with the building structure or numberplate recognition? Half of the payments machines always seem to be broken too!

20 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Not sure, that’s the main car park I use. Maybe problems with the building structure or numberplate recognition? Half of the payments machines always seem to be broken too!

Have to keep an eye on it. I know a few people who used it for parking for Victorious as it’s walkable instead of paying the ridiculous priced park & ride.

4 hours ago, kelstar said:

Happy New Year everyone!

I was at the local panto in Pompey yesterday, and they announced on stage that Shaun Williamson (Barry from East Enders) will be at Victorious. No idea in what capacity.

I guess doing his Barrioke Karaoke show. Maybe on one of the smaller stages but maybe opening a bigger stage to get everyone pumped up for the day.

So who are we all hoping for in the next round of announcements? Or who do we think may be announced?

I would like to see the results of the survey of who we would like to see at Victorious verses what we get!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dg_vic said:

Student accomodation is on sale from tomorrow, Monday 8th. 

Managed to book my accommodation this morning although it’s fair to say it wasn’t the easiest to navigate! 33 pc more expensive than when I last went in 2022 but still decent value compared to the hotels I suppose.

Not a cheap Festival anymore with the extra bits and bobs but looking forward to it nonetheless.

Hoping for a bit of Indie fodder in the next announcement - Travis and Echo and the Bunnymen would be good starts for me. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

After having a look, £65 for onsuite and breakfast a night isn't too bad but the single no way. £380 with weekend and accommodation just is not worth it.

rees single with ensuite and breaky is £90 a night, think it 130 for double. summer and bank hols ,that is pretty good price with fest on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, reetrokev said:

rees single with ensuite and breaky is £90 a night, think it 130 for double. summer and bank hols ,that is pretty good price with fest on

Yes, but ultimately you're getting it for the festival as your accommodation rather than camp so the for that actually outweighs every other major British Festival.

Also, rees doubles are now sold out.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Yes, but ultimately you're getting it for the festival as your accommodation rather than camp so the for that actually outweighs every other major British Festival.

Also, rees doubles are now sold out.

I always use Harry Law Halls. It’s the cheapest - three nights single room is £180 (I have an extra night on the Thursday to settle in which is plus £60). The rooms are fairly basic but they are clean, have a bog and a shower, WiFi and power.

I find the 15 or so minute walk back from the Festival quite refreshing after a few beers during the day.

You can camp but it’s a way away and I think they’re clipping people for the shuttle bus this year too.

On 1/8/2024 at 10:28 AM, John L said:

Hoping for a bit of Indie fodder in the next announcement - Travis and Echo and the Bunnymen would be good starts for me. 

Really interested who will be the afternoon special guests. They got to go with Rick Astley as that would be a good laugh in the sunshine (Fingers Crossed)

20 hours ago, John L said:

I always use Harry Law Halls. It’s the cheapest - three nights single room is £180 (I have an extra night on the Thursday to settle in which is plus £60). The rooms are fairly basic but they are clean, have a bog and a shower, WiFi and power.

I find the 15 or so minute walk back from the Festival quite refreshing after a few beers during the day.

You can camp but it’s a way away and I think they’re clipping people for the shuttle bus this year too.

Yes they are, right now the lineup just does not justify that pricing.

• Upvote 1