Changes from 2023>2024

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

When was the last time they floated it and were knocked back then?

Don't think that GFL floated it as such, but at the PPC meeting earlier this year / end of last year where the festival was discussed several residents went out of their way to mention it and restate that from their perspective hours / days couldn't be increased any further.

Edited by incident

Given recent cutbacks a push to thursday main stages seems unlikely

add to that the new license for it to be permanant only just being obtained, i reckon they will want to wait a year or two before pushing for any major sound changes

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Given recent cutbacks a push to thursday main stages seems unlikely

add to that the new license for it to be permanant only just being obtained, i reckon they will want to wait a year or two before pushing for any major sound changes

Do they actually get a say in when it happens or is it on a regular review cycle?

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Do they actually get a say in when it happens or is it on a regular review cycle?

They would apply to change the license surely?

I have no idea - maybe its a review cycle but if they want to do something they can also just ask surely

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

They can request an amendment to the license at any time. When it come to renewing it’s the existing license that’s the jumping off point they then say what changes they might want then it goes out for people to have a say. 

They might argue that having limited entertainment on the Thursday on the main stages (or more stages) would be safer from a crowd management point of view 

59 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

They can request an amendment to the license at any time. When it come to renewing it’s the existing license that’s the jumping off point they then say what changes they might want then it goes out for people to have a say. 

They might argue that having limited entertainment on the Thursday on the main stages (or more stages) would be safer from a crowd management point of view 

For some reason I thought it was on a 5 year cycle. Maybe not. 

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not one that's in the festivals control but will NOS become less of a thing now its becoming classified as class C ? or will it make no difference at Glastonbury at all ? 

It'll make no difference at all, same as cannabis being class B, MDMA being class A etc

Prohibition has never worked and will never work

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not one that's in the festivals control but will NOS become less of a thing now its becoming classified as class C ? or will it make no difference at Glastonbury at all ? 

I think it'll still be a thing but certainly less of a thing. The one real big difference between it and other drugs, is that's it's hard to consume inconspicuously!

(Plus the simple fact of reduced availability. I think some people would be surprised at the number of people that will happily overdo it on whatever is legal, but just simply don't know "a guy" - my days of that stuff are well past me, same for all my social circle, and frankly I'd have no clue how to even go about getting anything these days)

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

I think it'll still be a thing but certainly less of a thing. The one real big difference between it and other drugs, is that's it's hard to consume inconspicuously!

(Plus the simple fact of reduced availability. I think some people would be surprised at the number of people that will happily overdo it on whatever is legal, but just simply don't know "a guy" - my days of that stuff are well past me, same for all my social circle, and frankly I'd have no clue how to even go about getting anything these days)

seemed less of a thing last year to me ... might just phase itself out 

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

It's actually a lot easier than ever.

You no longer need to know "a guy", you just need to know how to access certain corners of the web.

Just now, Skip997 said:

It's actually a lot easier than ever.

You no longer need to know "a guy", you just need to know how to access certain corners of the web.

I did wonder - read a fascinating book last year, American Kingpin, about the takedown of Silk Road - wasn't sure if something else had just stepped in or if they'd actually succeeded in killing that method of distribution. 

(Though again, NOS is a hell of a lot more conspicuous to mail as well)

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

I did wonder - read a fascinating book last year, American Kingpin, about the takedown of Silk Road - wasn't sure if something else had just stepped in or if they'd actually succeeded in killing that method of distribution. 

(Though again, NOS is a hell of a lot more conspicuous to mail as well)

The removal of Silk Road has made no difference at all.

The amount of interesting substances I have been offered (and usually accepted) at festivals this year is amazing for someone of my generation.

The most interesting being THC vape (very nice), along with some nice "edibles" (as the youth call them). All of which arrived to them via the post.

20 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You should hang out in a university town. It is like a normal business with buisness cards, uber type deliveries and all sorts. <boggles>

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DeanoL said:

If your going to glasto and are in the SE corner at 4am doing nos i'd put good money on you knowing "a guy"

7 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

those NOS canisters are slightly harder to hide though 

They have been illegal for years under the psychoactive substances act - glasto definitely just don't really care

even at festivals that turn less of a blind eye like creamfields, parklife etc they are everywhere

---

The move to them being illegal may make acquiring them harder, they aren't just chemicals you can mix together like say MDMA or something, you need proper manufacturing equipment to store the gas. I could see them becoming priced out of the norm maybe?

Edited by gfa

11 hours ago, gfa said:

If your going to glasto and are in the SE corner at 4am doing nos i'd put good money on you knowing "a guy"

They have been illegal for years under the psychoactive substances act - glasto definitely just don't really care

even at festivals that turn less of a blind eye like creamfields, parklife etc they are everywhere

Glasto care more than most as the used canisters are a hazard for sheep.