Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

26 minutes ago, lukatej said:

I have Insider info on who will be announced and its quite a big name in his category…

Wonder if Sziget was even trying to get him as a headliner if the festival is just around the border with few days apart. That would surely make a bigger promo than everything what is happening right now..

Clues please!

2 hours ago, eyebrain said:

I don't think there's a single large festival in Europe that has this section for VIP tickets. This just doesn't work for the artist and fans. 

Usually there is security on both sides of the entrance whose main job is to make sure this section does not get overcrowded. Which actually is an issue at Sziget so I'm happy if they're going to regulate it. And if not - this type of barrier and FOH system is still better than previous one. More visibility and safer. 

Brittish Summer Time has it. 

Just announced 2 hours ago, did we already know this guy was coming?

Get ready for a bold and colorful escape with Scottish sensation Barry Can’t Swim 💥 His unique blend of deep house and jazzy afrobeat creates a warm and infectious vibe that will make you dance any heartache away.

4 hours ago, billybigballs said:

Can anyone work out who is on the main stage on Wednesday?

It only seems to be Kylie and Tom Odell so far.

Am I missing someone, or do you think they're waiting to see how well Joost do at Eurovision before deciding where to put them?

I think Fisher is playing before Kylie 

3 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Where do you guys see timings? I have seen some of you post specific time of shows. Are these guesses or is it supposed to be seen somewhere?

do you mean hours if the shows? its the regular slots of sziget stages.

i think the spots are guesses unless its mentioned in an interview or the lineup poster

10 minutes ago, Lits said:

Are we getting anymore names for the 10th seems very weak 

Don't think so. Seems like New West, Analog Balaton and Platon Karataev are filling the remaining spots for that day. Main Stage, Revolut Stage and Party Arena are complete. Other smaller stages have majority of their program announced as well.

1 hour ago, ReljaGajić said:

I think Fisher is playing before Kylie 

You're right they said it at the press conference.

19 minutes ago, shokySziget said:

Is the music box discontinued? 
Also I noticed that the Everness Garden is no more and they are going back to Sziget Beach.
We really loved the Everness stage last year, hope the beach without it is not that much of a downgrade 😞 

They're not on the website yet, but there was a slideshow at the press conference about the artists and I remember three names from Sziget Beach: Fakear, Niklas Paschburg and Kitty Florentine. Fakear is pretty good IMO.

1 hour ago, Lits said:

Are we getting anymore names for the 10th seems very weak 

I recommend Iamyank on the Europe /Buzz stage. He is basically a legend in the Hungarian underground electronic scene. Basically all of the upcoming electronic musicians learned the "business" in his producer school.

His music is not dance music tho, but he will bring the live performance of his most recent album with two drummers, it f**king slaps. Also God Is An Astronaut plays the same stagr that day.

8 hours ago, SkaPanda said:

You're right they said it at the press conference.

They're not on the website yet, but there was a slideshow at the press conference about the artists and I remember three names from Sziget Beach: Fakear, Niklas Paschburg and Kitty Florentine. Fakear is pretty good IMO.

Is there a link with the info from the press conference? I remember there being a big summary from a hungarian news portal around here last year ?

8 minutes ago, lukatej said:

loyal friend who never says no.

tier 1 electronic name.

tier 1 solo artist from US.

It was announced an hour ago lol

Macklemore

Chase & Status

50 Cent

Edited by Newjem

5 minutes ago, lukatej said:

loyal friend who never says no.

tier 1 electronic name.

tier 1 solo artist from US.

ah, looks like they announced it already, Macklemore just never says no to festival invitation and the big name is 50 Cent.

This would actually save the looks of Sziget lineup, but for some reason he wasnt invited. We can be happy that we dont have Macklemore round 2.

Electronic name goes to next announcement apparently

Just now, Newjem said:

It was announced an hour ago lol

Macklemore

Chase & Status

50 Cent

yeah, I just woke up and didnt check the news, just had info they announce today, but was thinking that they will announce it in US time 

2 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

50 Cent is still classed as a big name? Really? Thought his light had started to fade a long time ago. 

I would say he is a big name, plus he seems to be exclusive as he doesnt have any dates in Europe (yet?). This type of booking would be great for Sziget instead headliners we have right now. But nothing we can do now 😀

Sziget organizers are probably preparing company exit strategy, so we can only hope that someone smart buys them for the next year.

Well I think Kylie is still a bit more relevant with her ongoing renaissance, and being an icon(once again) for younger generation queer people. And to me she is just more legend status than Fifty in general,but I guess that’s personal preference 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Kinda like Kylie Minogue

I can only use the UK as a barometer, but Kylie is playing British Summer Time Hyde Park this summer to 65,000 people. The first two tiers of tickets have sold out and tier 3 is selling at £105 a ticket (125 euros).

When she played the legends slot at Glastonbury in 2019 it was the most watched Glastonbury TV slot ever, with almost 4 million viewers (beating Adele and Ed Sheeran's previous record for viewers).

I appreciate she's not for everyone, but no headliner is. She is massive with LGBTQ+ audiences (and old fogeys like me). Her light is definitely not fading - and I may have been wrong about Fiddy too, looking at the venues he played in UK last time he toured the UK (20,000 seat arenas) but maybe he's just fallen off my radar since his second album.

41 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I can only use the UK as a barometer, but Kylie is playing British Summer Time Hyde Park this summer to 65,000 people. The first two tiers of tickets have sold out and tier 3 is selling at £105 a ticket (125 euros).

When she played the legends slot at Glastonbury in 2019 it was the most watched Glastonbury TV slot ever, with almost 4 million viewers (beating Adele and Ed Sheeran's previous record for viewers).

I appreciate she's not for everyone, but no headliner is. She is massive with LGBTQ+ audiences (and old fogeys like me). Her light is definitely not fading - and I may have been wrong about Fiddy too, looking at the venues he played in UK last time he toured the UK (20,000 seat arenas) but maybe he's just fallen off my radar since his second album.

I honestly think Kylie would be a great addition to any lineup and they added so much quality with her to the current one. Also I’d say she is kind of popular in Hungary too, at least she was 15-20 years ago, so if nothing else, nostalgia will attract people. And obviously it’s not her fault, but where are the f**king bands? The only thing that makes her announcement controversial is that she was announced as last to a sh*tty line if headliners. 
Also we were promised a band. Soon-ish.. Fancy to comment what happened with the band that was promised, @Sziget2024_Leaks