Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Gabi Ruiz said:

Man I love Fred, but Garrix is Top 3 biggest djs in the world for the last decade, headlining year after year the biggest electronic music festivals in the world.  Fred is not that big yet, and he is new on the business.  

I would agree with top 10. And I would put Guetta above him, and even he disn’t have a huge crowd. 

Fred is pretty hot right now, not in Hungary but in countries where most Sziget visitors come from and for many people it’s their first time to have a chance to see him, and for a while probably the last. 

Skrillex and Fred back to back will absolutely smoke MG.

Ellie Goulding is actually really good live, I saw her twice last year..

But as a Sziget headliner… that kind of falls flat.

SIA would be a huge comeback. Especially as she’s releasing a new album. And as an exclusive too. If it’s SIA, I will come to Sziget. She’s not done a show in years .

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Ellie Goulding is actually really good live, I saw her twice last year..

But as a Sziget headliner… that kind of falls flat.

SIA would be a huge comeback. Especially as she’s releasing a new album. And as an exclusive too. If it’s SIA, I will come to Sziget. She’s not done a show in years .

I don’t think Ellie is an improvement on the quality of headliners as Leaks suggested. Sia would likely be a good fit for that. Also no tour dates for her either.

2 minutes ago, Akujin said:

I don’t think Ellie is an improvement on the quality of headliners as Leaks suggested. Sia would likely be a good fit for that. Also no tour dates for her either.

I think we’re looking realistically at SIA then. And they will probably announce her as an exclusive . 

if it is SIA, I’ll be coming to Budapest this summer. I always wanted to see her

3 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Why not ? If I may ask?

She literally doesnt do anything on stage. Yes, amazing vocals, but 0 talent when it comes to performing. And I’m saying this as somebody who likes her.

She’s no better than Lana when it comes to performing yet nobody seemed happy when she was a posibility

1 minute ago, rowexx said:

She literally doesnt do anything on stage. Yes, amazing vocals, but 0 talent when it comes to performing. And I’m saying this as somebody who likes her.

She’s no better than Lana when it comes to performing yet nobody seemed happy when she was a posibility

Oh that’s a shame, I always wanted to see SIA. I loved her previous albums.

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

Oh that’s a shame, I always wanted to see SIA. I loved her previous albums.

I mean it wouldnt be bad..she has dancers which I guess (((kinda))) make it better, and also a buch of good popular songs..I’m just saying there are way better options when it comes to a festival performance.

Guess we’ll see tomorrow 🫡

3 minutes ago, Akujin said:

What If Leaks trolled us and it’s actually Paramore? They are in Austria on the 10th and they have a gap… 

Yeah I know I’m coping it’s probably Sia or Halsey lol…

Lets pray for Sia, Pink or Katy Perry 😀

Edited by lukatej

4 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Lets pray for Sia, Pink or Katy Perry 😀

I would much rather have Paramore than any of these tbh, and at least we would actually get a rock headliner who’s not Liam 😂 They are literally right next door, but I dont think it’s happening

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Akujin said:

I would much rather have Paramore than any of these tbh, and at least we would actually get a rock headliner who’s not Liam 😂 They are literally right next door, but I dont think it’s happening

Paramore would be great. I would also come if they get announced.

but I think it’s unlikely 

23 minutes ago, rowexx said:

I mean it wouldnt be bad..she has dancers which I guess (((kinda))) make it better, and also a buch of good popular songs..I’m just saying there are way better options when it comes to a festival performance.

Guess we’ll see tomorrow 🫡

SIA would pull people in though TBF. She’s a big name and not toured since 2017 so a lot of people (myself included) will want to see her

Really can't believe we are discussing Ellie Goulding as a potentional headliner, I love Lights and Halcyon eras but I saw her live three times and each one was worse than the previous. It's a robot girl on stage, no emotions, no show.

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Why not ? If I may ask?

That show in 2016 was also a little bit sus. Her vocals sounded way too perfect so wouldn’t be surprised if it was playback, but you couldn’t tell because of the hair covering her face. Plus only pre-recorded videos were shown on the screens…

6 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Why not ? If I may ask?

Great vocals but I don’t think she’s a good festival fit. She was also late but probably due to some technical difficulties. The whole concert was not longer than 60 mins and they played prerecorded stuff on the screens

23 minutes ago, Newjem said:

That show in 2016 was also a little bit sus. Her vocals sounded way too perfect so wouldn’t be surprised if it was playback, but you couldn’t tell because of the hair covering her face. Plus only pre-recorded videos were shown on the screens…

Still much better than Rihanna headline show at the same year.

At least it was somehow “original”. Prerecorded videos had some famous persons which were physically present only at her Coachella show. It was weird, but I liked that.