Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Open'er is NOT soldout.

They have dua Lipa , maneskin, doja cat, Sam Smith , Skrillex, Foo figthers amongst others .

At this stage it may be better to go there 😁.Same for rock wechter , great lineup, not soldout .

Sziget was'nt able to get artists , let's switch.

Or We can just go there for real AA+ acts , and go to sziget for cheap ( and numéros )BB- acts.

Soleine going to one major european festival + sziget will get an incredible festival expérience this summer .

Let's face it sziget juste get dowgraded from one of the best european festival to a strong regional one.

Cheap alcohol isn't an argument anymore.

Edited by djei
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, djei said:

Open'er is NOT soldout.

They have dua Lipa , maneskin, doja cat, Sam Smith , Skrillex, Foo figthers amongst others .

At this stage it may be better to go there 😁.Same for rock wechter , great lineup, not soldout .

Sziget was'nt able to get artists , let's switch.

Way out west is my fave of the summer, but no camping. 

Werchter is pretty average by there standards.

Edited by thetime
  • Upvote 1

Let's face it , 

2023 sziget Line UP vs 2024 

Guetta vs Martin garrix

Imagine dragons vs Liam g.

Billie eilish vs stormzy

Does it sound a way weaker ( and cheaper) ?

I do think so.

In the same time prices  of food, tickets , flights have increased .

Fred again... Ils ont enough to justify 1k€ in expense imho

Edited by djei

15 minutes ago, djei said:

Guetta vs Martin garrix

Imagine dragons vs Liam g.

Billie eilish vs stormzy

To be honest, if you judge by these headliners, I'd say I would have more fun at a Liam Gallagher concert than at Imagine Dragons. I don't care about the EDM DJ headliners, usually I'm doing something else when they play... however, I agree about Billie Eilish vs Stormzy but let's see what they have left under their sleeves.

I think Sziget shot themselves in the foot with last year's line-up because they set the bar (arguably) too high. Because it's true you can't compare, for example, Stormzy or Liam G with anyone from last year's line-up but there were also years were acts like The National, Kygo, The 1975 and Kasabian headlined (I like all of them but you have to admit they don't hold a finger to the global megastars booked in 2023).

3 hours ago, So Sad Simon said:

Unlike Liam you mean? 

OK, let's grab a list of the 10 000 British band that exist and say that they're around. It doesn't mean that they're not available - like Liam, he seems to be available - but they are definitely not around. Two Door Cinema Club is around, because they play in Slovakia and in Romania. They are quite literally Around Hungary.

2 hours ago, iamdebrii said:

I think Sziget shot themselves in the foot with last year's line-up because they set the bar (arguably) too high. Because it's true you can't compare, for example, Stormzy or Liam G with anyone from last year's line-up but there were also years were acts like The National, Kygo, The 1975 and Kasabian headlined (I like all of them but you have to admit they don't hold a finger to the global megastars booked in 2023).

The 2019 lineup was defo better than 2023, so I don’t see 2023 setting any bars. This year isn’t clearing any bars ever set tho.

Yeeees, 2022 was great. Something for everyone. Justin Bieber - such a huge name, say what you want about him.

Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris - very big names.

Kings of Leon, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys - I’m aware that KOL has been to Sziget before but to me as a first-timer this lineup was such a dream.

That lineup was why I bought my tickets and went to a festival for the first time of my life.

This year.. I would love to see Fred Again but that’s it.

(English is not my first language, sorry if my sentences came out wrong) 🥲

Edited by cringemaster69

13 minutes ago, cringemaster69 said:

Yeeees, 2022 was great. Something for everyone. Justin Bieber - such a huge name, say what you want about him.

Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris - very big names.

Kings of Leon, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys - I’m aware that KOL has been to Sziget before but to me as a first-timer this lineup was such a dream.

That lineup was why I bought my tickets and went to a festival for the first time of my life.

This year.. I would love to see Fred Again but that’s it.

I think most of us are in the same situation re: headliners. 

I can't wait for Fred Again... and, no matter what people think, he's a massive booking with serious credibility.

I'm not sure I've ever met a Sam Smith fan in my life, but on Spotify he has four songs that have reached 1 billion streams and, by the end of the year, I suspect all four will have broken 2 billion streams each. So, someone is listening to him.

I thought Garrix's show was excellent in 2019 and will watch again. Stormzy is the weird one. Due to be a sub in 2020 and, yet, is a headliner in 2024 with no significant release between the two dates. Strange.

Two (potentially three?) headliners to go.

Subs are looking good though if rumours/leaks are to be believed. Raye and Janelle Monae provide excellent female representation and will both be great live.

Line up just needs more guitars and live music, rather than button pushing IMHO.

Edited by billybigballs
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, rowexx said:

I think it needs to contain all (and the exact) letters

That's why I'm confused, how did we get "Editors" from "deltoids", "r" is missing 🙃

Edit: nevermind, I got it, there is "r" in the word next to it

Edited by ReljaGajić

I dont think it needs to be same exact letters. That would be too easy...

1) Tom Odell / Editors are almost clean, but slight chance for Tom Morello too? ... Also for Smokie, but I guess not 😄

2) Mo / + Killers, Skillet, Tiesto?

3) Raye / Skrillex (skrlx) 

4) Clean Bandit / Tori Kelly / Tinie Tempah

Wild guesses with help of internet 🙂 

Edited by lukatej

3 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

That's why I'm confused, how did we get "Editors" from "deltoids", "r" is missing 🙃

It's not that one word corresponds with one band. If you take all the letters from Deltoids Tremolo you get tom odell and editors. Same with Mo and Skillet in the second one. I cannot figure out the other two tho

5 minutes ago, HelloHiFestival said:

It's not that one word corresponds with one band. If you take all the letters from Deltoids Tremolo you get tom odell and editors. Same with Mo and Skillet in the second one. I cannot figure out the other two tho

The second one doesnt perfectly match if we only use those letters.