Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

On 3/16/2024 at 11:41 PM, Akujin said:

So I listened to all the stuff as well so far not too many has been added to my must watch list, after the first listen but here is my Total list of what I would check out for now

Fred

Four Tet

Grandson

Liam (mainly morbid curiosity if he can be less shite than at Madcool)

Skrillex (if true)

Editors

Grandson

Argy

MO

Meute

Yard act

Ameme

Blondshell (By far my biggest new favourite frome the ones I didn’t know)

Wednessday

Pip Blom

Kiasmos (For some reason I have heard Looped like a 100 times but can’t remember where. I guess could be a game or Tiktok but it really annoys me that I can’t remember…)

I would recommend Overmono, they are a seriously talented duo, but they are more like a heavier version of what Fred gain does, I would check out there boiler room set they did recently if you wanted to see what they were about

• Upvote 1

Funfact, in 2022 Dua Lipa also played in Europe late spring/early summer. Done 4 gigs in the US in July, then flew back to Europe and only performed at Sziget and in Kosovo. Then flew to South-America in September, these two were her only European concerts.

Not sure how frequent these kind of things are in her case, or whether this situation was a result of the cancellation of 2020 due to covid, what that contract included, etc.

35 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Funfact, in 2022 Dua Lipa also played in Europe late spring/early summer. Done 4 gigs in the US in July, then flew back to Europe and only performed at Sziget and in Kosovo. Then flew to South-America in September, these two were her only European concerts.

Not sure how frequent these kind of things are in her case, or whether this situation was a result of the cancellation of 2020 due to covid, what that contract included, etc.

Her dad’s festival is happening at the end of July this year,and I’m sure she’s gonna be there.

13 minutes ago, bunnyv said:

Her dad’s festival is happening at the end of July this year,and I’m sure she’s gonna be there.

Oh, I see.

Well that makes her a pretty strong contender for the female headliner spot, isn't it?

Well, my son becomes a teenager tomorrow and I promised him last month that the line-up would "definitely, definitely, definitely" be out in time for his birthday.

I'm slowly teaching him that life is full of disappointments 🤣

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

Another AA+ act that might be a Sziget-style booking is Maroon 5. They have nothing scheduled between July 7 and September 27.

They remind me a bit of Imagine Dragons (and I must stress that's not a compliment!) 

If ID really did sell more tickets than Billie last year then, if I was a booker for Sziget, I'd hope for lightning to strike twice by booking someone similar. 

But it's a long trip for just one gig. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

They remind me a bit of Imagine Dragons (and I must stress that's not a compliment!) 

If ID really did sell more tickets than Billie last year then, if I was a booker for Sziget, I'd hope for lightning to strike twice by booking someone similar.

That's exactly why I was thinking about them. But the question is if Sziget has the money to bring a big band that doesn't have any announced dates in Europe.

Another big act that doesn't have anything scheduled after July 30 is RHCP. I would love them to come, especially because Frusciante is back in the band.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

15 minutes ago, #1SzigetFan said:

That's exactly why I was thinking about them. But the question is if Sziget has the money to bring a big band that doesn't have any announced dates in Europe.

Another big act that doesn't have anything scheduled after July 30 is RHCP. I would love them to come, especially because Frusciante is back in the band.

When The Killers were mentioned a few months ago, Leaks' response was something like "God, I wish" which, unless he's a huge Killers fan, tells me they were struggling to get/afford a 'rock' act of that size. 

I could be wrong of course.

Would also love RHCP and think that's just the kind of act the current line-up really needs. 

11 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

Paolo Nutini just announced some more European dates for June/July - could be a very strong sub

Love Paolo Nutini and seen him four times but saw him last year and it was by far the worst gig of his I've seen. He really behaved like he didn't want to be there. Fingers crossed it was just an off day. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, So Sad Simon said:

When The Killers were mentioned a few months ago, Leaks' response was something like "God, I wish" which, unless he's a huge Killers fan, tells me they were struggling to get/afford a 'rock' act of that size.

Well, I'm hoping that the reason of these delays of the announcement is because they're waiting for 1 or 2 big names (headliners) to confirm. I guess we'll find out "soon" if I'm right or wrong, whenever that is.

Edited by #1SzigetFan