Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

Woow, so Liam's the rock headliner. 

Btw do we know anything about Charli xcx? She was apparently someone who was being negotiated with, yet didn't seem to announce anything in Europe near August so she seems quite unlikely..?

Alright then, for the rock headliner we have Liam Gallagher confirmed.

Besides him I guess Skrillex, Raye, Tom Odell, MØ and Editors confirmed for the next announcement and Lana is ruled out?

1 minute ago, SzigetEire said:

Mumford and Sons last year were definitely the worst rock headliner. It’s not 2010.

I went home early that night. 

Well, it's not 1994 either...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dyma7 said:

Well... Liam is definitely the weakest rock headliner since 2018

It's fine if they put Liam and Stormzy in one day so we have "2 headliners" that day 🙃

Just can't believe both of them got headliner spots, in 2018 Liam played before Dua Lipa and Stormzy got 17:45 spot, so not even a sub, what did they do since then 😶

• Upvote 1

Well this is going to be the weakest line up i have ever seen from sziget. The only act I would look forward to is Fred again. I just feel like there is not going to be a single "WOW" name this year..

1 hour ago, Sziget2024_Leaks said:

Ding ding ding

Even i I hope for Biffy Clyro, Maneskin or Queens of the Stone Age for the rock headline show.. Liam can be quite good.

MØ subhead on mainstage and Editors on A38 is also nice.

I don't know for everyone here, but these 3 first names (even if I'm not a fan) are a better start for me than the first wave ^^ thanks for the clues @Sziget2024_Leaks 😉

So headliners we have at the moment are Fred again.., Stormzy, Sam Smith, Martin Garrix and Liam Gallagher.

We're missing at least one headliner and Leaks said there will be more than one on certain days - surely there must be a band amongst them?

1 minute ago, iamdebrii said:

So headliners we have at the moment are Fred again.., Stormzy, Sam Smith, Martin Garrix and Liam Gallagher.

We're missing at least one headliner and Leaks said there will be more than one on certain days - surely there must be a band amongst them?

I would guess one (rock) band and one female headliner.

that would make sense to me. But seeing from different perspective, it doesnt have to make sense at all.. 😀

3 hours ago, dyma7 said:

Well... Liam is definitely the weakest rock headliner since 2018

We saw him at Mad Cool, there were insane amount of Brits. Wasn’t even a headliner but there were more people on it than everything else other than RHCP.

However it was hella boring and people only got up and sing for about 2 songs. The rest - everybody just standing around and talking.

38 minutes ago, Akujin said:

We saw him at Mad Cool, there were insane amount of Brits. Wasn’t even a headliner but there were more people on it than everything else other than RHCP.

However it was hella boring and people only got up and sing for about 2 songs. The rest - everybody just standing around and talking.

Let’s be honest,no one really cares about his new album,but if he’s performing the Definitely Maybe album I think it’s gonna be a great time.

5 hours ago, Newjem said:

Well, it's not 1994 either...

Liam is huge in UK. He played to 170,000 over two nights at Knebworth in 2022.

Since 2017 he's had three solo number one albums and his album with John Squire of The Stone Roses went in at number one in the album charts last Friday.

Appreciate this is all very UK-centric, but just wanted to highlight he's still topping the charts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Liam is huge in UK. He played to 170,000 over two nights at Knebworth in 2022.

Since 2017 he's had three solo number one albums and his album with John Squire of The Stone Roses went in at number one in the album charts last Friday.

Appreciate this is all very UK-centric, but just wanted to highlight he's still topping the charts.

and Mumford are not huge? I know they haven't done much post-Covid in terms of releasing new music but still, their last album was number one in the US and Canada and was top 3 in most of Western Europe. Last year, they managed to headline Rock Wercter, Mad Cool and Austin City Limits.

I was just reflecting the fact that someone said Mumford are old and irrelavant because it's not 2010 anymore. The same applies to Liam. His solo stuff is not as popular as anything Oasis released. People go to his shows mainly for Wonderwall, Rock'n'roll Star or Champagne Supernova and now he's doing 'Definitely Maybe' in full...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Newjem said:

and Mumford are not huge? I know they haven't done much post-Covid in terms of releasing new music but still, their last album was number one in the US and Canada and was top 3 in most of Western Europe. Last year, they managed to headline Rock Wercter, Mad Cool and Austin City Limits.

I was just reflecting the fact that someone said Mumford are old and irrelavant because it's not 2010 anymore. The same applies to Liam. His solo stuff is not as popular as anything Oasis released. People go to his shows mainly for Wonderwall, Rock'n'roll Star or Champagne Supernova and now he's doing 'Definitely Maybe' in full...

Liam sells out UK arenas (12,000+ capacity) instantly. I suspect Mumford and Sons will never play venues of that size again in the UK (London, possibly, excepted). To be blunt, they have become the punchline to a bad joke. 

I genuinely like M&S and watched them at Sziget last year. Having seen the turnout for them, I doubt they will be invited back to perform as Sziget headliners again. 

Edited by So Sad Simon