Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

17 minutes ago, Ads1 said:

I think Sziget just gave us a little hint about Dua Lipa ‘dance the night away with Louis…’

I think Leaks had ruled Dua out a while ago... but at this point the promotion of artists announced months ago is giving me heartburn 

25 minutes ago, iamdebrii said:

I think Leaks had ruled Dua out a while ago... but at this point the promotion of artists announced months ago is giving me heartburn 

I think we all agreed that the slate was wiped clean after announcement one. Dua Lipa wouldn't surprise me at all if they couldn't get Lana.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

I think we all agreed that the slate was wiped clean after announcement one. Dua Lipa wouldn't surprise me at all if they couldn't get Lana.

I’m rooting for her. She did Open’er in 2022 aswell.

19 minutes ago, SzigetEire said:

Could Placebo be an option? Doing festivals around that time.

I'd say it was certainly possible. Guess it depends what kind of position they want on the line up. I could see them subbing at best, but they might want more.

7 minutes ago, kristofm said:

I'd say 50%

I'd say 0%.

And Dua? I love how you lot analyse everything they post on their Insta/FB. I don't think they would tease Dua in a post about Liam, you're reading too much into it.

The main problem is that overall the artist pool is good, and from the first sight it's hard to make next announcement worse. Still there's a lack of massive artists and, what's more important, almost all of the others are far from Sziget's current direction.

The Offspring, Rise Against, QOTSA, LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, Pixies, Korn, The Prodigy, Massive Attack, Pendulum, Keane, Two Door CInema Club, Snow Patrol, Pulp, The National, The Smile, PJ Harvey, Biffy Clyro, Fatboy Slim, Catfish, Liam Gallagher, even Noel Gallagher are all around, reach out and grab them (if their schedule allows).

If Sziget wants to play it big, there are always Lana Del Rey, Måneskin, Swedish House Mafia and The Chainsmokers; Macklemore is also here to the rescue, but it would be ridiculuos (and I have a gut feeling that he'll be there). 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kristofm said:

They've got one gig announced in England as far as I can see, I don't think that makes them available for a gig in Eastern-Europe 😞

Kings of Leon and Mumford & Sons once played Sziget as European exclusive show, so totally not impossible.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, kristofm said:

They've got one gig announced in England as far as I can see, I don't think that makes them available for a gig in Eastern-Europe 😞

don't overthink : it's only a matter of money. If they're willing to pay, it's on.

But I (sadly..) don't think Sziget is aiming this kind of artists nowadays 😕 . Younger rock bands maybe (because cheaper) , like The Reytons, Dead Poet Society, ...

About Placebo, they've been to sziget many times, and it seems that it was a combination that works, so why not...

2 hours ago, Mondo-kun said:

Kings of Leon and Mumford & Sons once played Sziget as European exclusive show, so totally not impossible.

Yeah but noone's impossible then, you know what I mean. I just doubt they would get Biffy Clyro to fly over to Eastern-Europe where they have no proper fanbase. 

Edit: and both of your names arrived for a headliner spot. Biffy Clyro would never be a headliner, and don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. I saw them last time at Sziget as a sub, it wasn't extremely crowded either. I would say that if they played in Germany in August then fine, it would be possible, but you won't fly a band over that was semi-successful the last time they were here for a subheadlining spot.

Edited by kristofm

7 hours ago, kristofm said:

Yeah but noone's impossible then, you know what I mean. I just doubt they would get Biffy Clyro to fly over to Eastern-Europe where they have no proper fanbase. 

Edit: and both of your names arrived for a headliner spot. Biffy Clyro would never be a headliner, and don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. I saw them last time at Sziget as a sub, it wasn't extremely crowded either. I would say that if they played in Germany in August then fine, it would be possible, but you won't fly a band over that was semi-successful the last time they were here for a subheadlining spot.

More suitable example then: in 2019 they brought Razorlight, who also had only one UK date (and Summer Well then) and IMO even less fans in Europe 😀

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, branvan said:

...so Keane or Snow Patrol could be this year's Razorlight/Kodaline...

Both Keane and Snow Patrol are 'much' bigger in the UK than Razorlight and Kodaline are. Not sure if that popularity is the same across Europe. Would be amazed to see either play A38.

• Like 1