Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

30 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

many of these names will be at A38 stage...even last year, Sziget began to fill the A38 with dj's acts, more than before.

To me, Collosseum and Party Arena are enough for dj's, eletro music etc... so I would like Sziget to let the A38 stage out of this genre.

Artbat, Richie, Honey Dijon, Dom Dolla and Argy are 1000% Arena/Colosseum names and I'd bet Artbat and Argy will be on the same day line-up in some form of awakenings/afterlife/melodic techno label takeover.

12 hours ago, Newjem said:

Unlikely: Queens of The Stone Age, The Strokes

If i remember correctly QOTSA and the Strokes were both negotiating with Sziget, one of them could be rock headliner, Leaks said

Edited by poelim

57 minutes ago, poelim said:

If i remember correctly QOTSA and the Strokes were both negotiating with Sziget, one of them could be rock headliner, Leaks said

Negotiating is one thing, reality is another. I don’t think QOTSA would be playing 4 days in a row and getting all the equipment to/from Scandinavia in one day is a bit of a stretch which leaves them available only for the last day. Would they sub Fred? The Strokes don’t seem to be active at the moment so Sziget would have to pay extra for an exclusive show. Is it worth it? They’re not popular outside the UK.

Edited by Newjem
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Newjem said:

Negotiating is one thing, reality is another. I don’t think QOTSA would be playing 4 days in a row and getting all the equipment to/from Scandinavia in one day is a bit of a stretch which leaves them available only for the last day. Would they sub Fred? The Strokes don’t seem to be active at the moment so Sziget would have to pay extra for an exclusive show. Is it worth it? They’re not popular outside the UK.

Disagree, I was on festival in Spain and they are very popular there, they may be most popular in UK, but people overall like them in my opinion. Their live show is very nice btw.

Last Sziget exclusive shows were Kings of Leon and Mumford and Sons,they may be very popular, but from my perspective I expect different names for being exclusive

Edited by lukatej

34 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Disagree, I was on festival in Spain and they are very popular there, they may be most popular in UK, but people overall like them in my opinion. Their live show is very nice btw.

Last Sziget exclusive shows were Kings of Leon and Mumford and Sons,they may be very popular, but from my perspective I expect different names for being exclusive

In Spain? I bet there were loads of Brits. It was discussed in other topics over the past few years that The Strokes are not the greatest ticket seller considering their fee.

What are these lists are based on? Come on...

"Negotiating with QOTSA and Strokes" = out. Sure.

Someone wrote Blink as possible, they are in the US.

Yungblud is very unlikely but he's in Slovakia or something so I wouldn't rule him out completely.

And haven't even read the full lists yet.

Edited by kristofm

2 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Yungblud is very unlikely but he's in Slovakia or something so I wouldn't rule him out completely.

Not out but very unlikely. They can negotiate with literally anyone but that doesn’t mean they can get anyone.

Yungblud is not in Slovakia or something. If you mean Grape, that was last year so he’s out.

12 minutes ago, Newjem said:

In Spain? I bet there were loads of Brits. It was discussed in other topics over the past few years that The Strokes are not the greatest ticket seller considering their fee.

Mostly locals, but if expats, then they were Brits, yeah.

Funny thing is that the show got very negative feedback on socials, because Casablancas had his typical jokes, which were not appreciated as the age average was higher than on typical festivals. But the show was great.

They might not be the biggest name, but if they lack guitar headliner and no one else is around, they might get them even for exclusive as they were supposed to play during Covid anyway. If they get some weak guitar headliner, the feedback will be terrible, QoTSA are one level below The Strokes imho.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, kristofm said:

The list isn't completely accurate or properly sorted. As I mentioned, it's just for updating over time to get a more precise idea of who might be announced in the next phase.

Alrighty, so what's sure and certain is:

Leaks said these are under negotiations and we’ll see: Strokes/QOTSA, Lana del Rey, Charli XCX, Keane, Catfish and the Bottlemen

Touring in Europe in August: Placebo, Idles

That's all I know.

1 hour ago, kristofm said:

Alrighty, so what's sure and certain is:

Leaks said these are under negotiations and we’ll see: Strokes/QOTSA, Lana del Rey, Charli XCX, Keane, Catfish and the Bottlemen

Touring in Europe in August: Placebo, Idles

That's all I know.

Leaks also said this year looks great, yet here we are 😅 If they are desperately looking for headliners this late then I don't know what is so great about this year.

3 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

Lana del Rey & Catfish and the Bottlemen

(Speaking of "only popular in the U.K", ladies and gentlemen, Catfish and the Bottlemen ! 😄 )

Just so everyone realise lol : Catfish is 2.4M listenners/month. Aurora is 12M.

EVEN Mumford and Sons are more popular (10.5M/month). And we remember the small crowd last year at Sziget...

48 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

(Speaking of "only popular in the U.K", ladies and gentlemen, Catfish and the Bottlemen ! 😄 )

EVEN Mumford and Sons are more popular (10.5M/month). And we remember the small crowd last year at Sziget...

They wouldn't be headliners. I think the interest is that they've been away for so long (not done anything since Sziget 2019 really). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Leaks also said this year looks great, yet here we are 😅 If they are desperately looking for headliners this late then I don't know what is so great about this year.

I'm hoping Leaks was including those acts the festival was negotiating with. Because, as you say, he/she/they went from line up for 2024 looks great to anouncement is meh! 

Yeah, Catfish are super UK only popular, nobody from my friends which are going to festivals know them. But they are great live, so I hope it will be them rather than Bastille for the 8th time or so, just to secure ticket sales.

Worried about Lana live, she is kind of terrible. I hope she is not the biggest act of this year.

15 hours ago, Matt86 said:

2 hours ago, lukatej said:

Yeah, Catfish are super UK only popular, nobody from my friends which are going to festivals know them. But they are great live, so I hope it will be them rather than Bastille for the 8th time or so, just to secure ticket sales.

Worried about Lana live, she is kind of terrible. I hope she is not the biggest act of this year.

I've mentioned this previously, but I make no apology for repeating it.

I saw Lana Del Rey as headliner at Latitude Festival in 2019.

She was due to play 80 minutes but turned up 20 minutes late so only did 60 minutes. 10 minutes of this was spent at the front of the stage signing autographs for fans.

It is no exaggeration to say around 50% of the audience left during her performance. I have never witnessed anything like it before or since.

That said, I love her music, but in 35 years of gig-going she is the act I would least like to watch again.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, billybigballs said:

I've mentioned this previously, but I make no apology for repeating it.

I saw Lana Del Rey as headliner at Latitude Festival in 2019.

She was due to play 80 minutes but turned up 20 minutes late so only did 60 minutes. 10 minutes of this was spent at the front of the stage signing autographs for fans.

It is no exaggeration to say around 50% of the audience left during her performance. I have never witnessed anything like it before or since.

That said, I love her music, but in 35 years of gig-going she is the act I would least like to watch again.

The same happened to Sziget and Czech show, Maybe this is her style doing the shows. She is prime example of someone being great on Spotify but terrible live.

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:25 PM, billybigballs said:

10 minutes of this was spent at the front of the stage signing autographs for fans

This sounds bizarre. So, the whole show stopped and there’s no music and she’s just down the front signing stuff? Or was there like a weird little interval that was announced? Was it silent? 

33 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

This sounds bizarre. So, the whole show stopped and there’s no music and she’s just down the front signing stuff? Or was there like a weird little interval that was announced? Was it silent? 

There was music playing in the background. If I remember correctly they played the Burnt Norton interlude while she was down there taking selfies with the fans.