Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

1 minute ago, activean said:

This is quite a bombshell, isnt it? 

No Lana, Liam, Skrilex, 21savage, Jorja..

So Fred is 100%, Sam Smith and Louis Tomlinson very likely. What else do we know? 

yes it is quite a bombshell. @Sziget2024_Leaks also says that he thinks it's a good line up. that really makes me think they have names that maybe no one has announced yet.

8 hours ago, AisW said:

Wow, all these big names getting shot down is making me a bit worried tbh

I just hope Sam Smith and Louis Tomlinson aren’t supposed to supply the wow-factor or are headliners

Sam Smith will almost certainly be a headliner. Louis Tomlinson will almost certainly be a sub.

I'm also interested to see who supplies the 'wow' this year. I suspect it's someone who hasn't been announced anywhere as yet, hence the slight delay.

8 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

The Killers just announced UK/Ireland tour for late June/early July. If that tour then moves into mainland Europe then Sziget could be a calling off point.

In a recent tweet they said "It's only right that we give first dibs to the land that gave us our first big shot at doing what we do!" so I think another month in Europe is probable - plus I can't imagine a single European booker in the continent refusing the possibility of Mr. Brightside at their festival

23 minutes ago, nico727 said:

And what do you guys think about a female headliner? We know neither Lana Del Rey nor Dua Lipa is coming. Are there any other options atm?

we dont know that lana’s not coming. we know she is not confirmed yet. leaks said “1 ***atm***” when asked about acts shared with r&l. so waiting for the confirmation of some r&l acts might be the reason for the delay. szigets all about diversity so we are surely gonna get a female headliner and lana is the safest and most popular option circling around in europe in august. i get that u guys dont like her, yeah she’s kinda boring on stage…but yall werent teens in the tumblr era and it shows😔

edit: there are also rumors that doja is going to tour europe next summer, so 🤞

Edited by rowexx
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jespercj505 said:

"Syd for Solen" has confirmed theese names for 8 and 10. august. Any names at Sziget aswell?

2.jpg

1.jpg

QOTSA are doing 8,9,10 August at festivals. Can't imagine them doing four nights in a row, ruling out 7 and 11 August which means, if they did come, they'd be the final act on the final day. That's normally when Sziget has a 'wow' act and, much as I like them, I wouldn't place them in that category.

4 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

QOTSA are doing 8,9,10 August at festivals. Can't imagine them doing four nights in a row, ruling out 7 and 11 August which means, if they did come, they'd be the final act on the final day. That's normally when Sziget has a 'wow' act and, much as I like them, I wouldn't place them in that category.

QOTSA would sub-headline. 

Edited by eyebrain

On Thursday 7 December

Maneskin

The Killers

Fred Again..

Queens of the Stone Age

Timmy Trumpet

Hozier

Louis Tomlinson

Becky Hill

Pulp

PJ Harvey

Keane

Kenya Grace

Roisin Murphy

Khruangbin

Larkin Poe

Denzel Curry

Tom Odell

Young Fathers

Alvvays

The Kills

Nieve Ella

J Hus

Last Dinner Party

Azariah

Amelie Lens

Mariana Bo

Kaka

Lizzy Wang

Volac

• Downvote 1

This prediction looks very probable, yes.
Definitely fits Sziget direction and these bands are touring in the period... 

If this gets announced, I'll be quite happy. Me being greedy would add "The Smile" but even without them I will consider visiting next year. I agree an announcement is imminent, so let's see the next couple of days.