Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Katesmith said:

It's always interesting to see how different festival lineups could be perceived by attendees.

Don't know if this is the same for everyone else but your quote of me has some random URLs for "eldfall chronicles" and "japanese knives." Just to confirm to everyone that wasn't me and I'm not trying to sell you anything 😄 

Truck festival has hinted their acts and people have worked out they've got Jamie T, Wet Leg, The Streets, Sea Girls, The Kooks, Idles, Declan McKenna, Holly Humberstone, Soft Play, Black Honey, Peace, The Magic Gang, Katy B, Yard Act, The Snuts - there were a few acts last year that appeared at both so there's a few possibilities there 

Yard Act and Kooks can be ruled out after appearing in prominent slots last year but could possibly see a few of the others added, Idles headlining the tent would be an absolute riot 

On 1/18/2024 at 4:05 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Truck festival has hinted their acts and people have worked out they've got Jamie T, Wet Leg, The Streets, Sea Girls, The Kooks, Idles, Declan McKenna, Holly Humberstone, Soft Play, Black Honey, Peace, The Magic Gang, Katy B, Yard Act, The Snuts - there were a few acts last year that appeared at both so there's a few possibilities there 

Yard Act and Kooks can be ruled out after appearing in prominent slots last year but could possibly see a few of the others added, Idles headlining the tent would be an absolute riot 

Peace were in the tent at about 00.30 one of the nights as well at Latitude last year. It was a lot of fun, they had someone with an industrial sprayer filled with vodka spraying it in peoples mouths (and basically all over them).

I think Jaime T is also doing Tramlines as well along with Snow Patrol, Paolo Nutini and the human league. Obviously a couple of recent Latitude headliners there.   I think more names are going to be announced this week.

I like the look of that Truck lineup much more than the current Latitude one, must be said. 

Looks like some news is coming in the not too distant future, hopefully it'll pad out a few more spaces and give us day splits 

Screenshot_20240123_172247_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8cd90c3255d0073976b69cbea090181e.jpg

A few more names that could be active from Tramlines, could see Charlatans be the 90s act opening slot on Obelisk like the last few years 

I think CMAT is in with a chance, active that weekend and getting slots at other festivals too 

I'm intrigued to see what else there is on, the lineup always looks better when it's padded out with other names, I'd imagine we'll get day splits for acts too as they said day tickets would go on sale in January 

Looks like it'll be quite a lot more names + day splits which is good. 

The only name I think I got right for the headliners was Keane (sadly).

Who do I think will be on the undercard? Actually feeling pretty deflated and because the initial lineup was so crap I feel like my radar is off. 

Idk, maybe some of these, but they seem to be different to where latitude is at now

The Streets, The Vaccines, sbtrkt, Billy Ryder-Jones, IDLES, Sprints, everything everything, sea girls, future islands, Lankum, nadine Shah

If I was to throw some sh*t against the wall then libertines, cast, feeder, James Arthur, the reytons, the snuts, starsailor. 

I really like some of the new additions, like Ash, Future Islands, Swim Deep, and Baby Queen. But neither the music lineup nor the comedy lineup are enough to pull me away from Tramlines, which is happening the same weekend and is far more convenient for me. 

14 minutes ago, prefab said:

LAT24_Lineup_Second-Anno_13_WEB_1200px.jpg

oh well, I got The Vaccines, Future Islands and Lankum right.

There is some good stuff on here to be fair.  I really like Future Islands, Jockstrap, Lankum, Ash, English Teacher, The Vaccines and Waxahatchee,CMAT, Orbital, Nile Rodgers...Not enough for me to get a weekend ticket though.

IDK what David Duchovney is doing? Solving the X-Files mystery of why they don't book acts like Sigur Ros anymore? lol

Edited by glimmers_of_hope