Truck Festival 2024 Festival

Jack01825

19 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

So are the headliners Jamie T, Wet Leg (surprised at this personally), and The Streets? Was hoping for Biffy

Not sure Biffy would have ever been in the running for this. Victorious is over double the size so would be a natural step down from Download and R&L headline slots, Truck would have been an extraordinary downstep. 

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

So are the headliners Jamie T, Wet Leg (surprised at this personally), and The Streets? Was hoping for Biffy

Biffy were never happening

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

That’s fair, didn’t realise Truck was so much smaller. Are Wet Leg confirmed as the second headliner? That seems such an odd placement to me, but I must have just not been keeping up with their rise.

Yeah it’s set in stone, they’re at the top of the bill on the blurred poster they released for advertising, look to be playing the Saturday

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Biffy were never happening

They're a hard act to figure out now, but agreed. I think Truck's stature in what it can book is rising (Foals in 2019 felt like quite a big get imo), but equally, I don't think Biffy have come down to this level.

10 minutes ago, onionterror said:

Biffy have played Truck before but it was a long time ago (2005). They were good but not as good as Robochrist. I really miss those early Trucks and the likes of Nervous Test Pilot, Rock of Travolta etc

I forget Truck's been a thing for that long ngl.

17 minutes ago, welshindie said:

So we've got our bigger names in the 'Leeks'. Who is everyone hoping to see slightly lower down the bill?

I'm hoping for: Chalk, Lynks, Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, maybe one classic indie band somewhere headlining The Nest? (would love Maximo Park)

Would not mind a few of these.

Mary Wallopers, Kid Kapichi, Cassyette, Coach Party, The K's, CMAT, Pigeon Detectives, Picture Parlour, Heartworms,

The Enemy, The Sherlocks, Static Dress, Mary in the Junkyard, White Lies.

If we cant have Biffy maybe Empire State Bastard, that would be nice. Mon the Empire!

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I forget Truck's been a thing for that long ngl

I missed the first year but did go in it's second year, which I think was 1999, so yeah it's been a long time. I'd say that post 2012 Truck is only really the same festival in name as it's a very different beast these days.

3 minutes ago, onionterror said:

I missed the first year but did go in it's second year, which I think was 1999, so yeah it's been a long time. I'd say that post 2012 Truck is only really the same festival in name as it's a very different beast these days.

True. I went in 2019 and I can guess it would've been very different to its earlier versions.

It was a lot of fun back then - just two stages over two days (Saturday and Sunday, no camping on the Sunday), you could camp literally next to your car when I first went and there was two security guards for the whole thing (who had the easiest job ever).  There really wasn't much else like it back then, and I found a lot of good music through Truck.  

8 hours ago, onionterror said:

It was a lot of fun back then - just two stages over two days (Saturday and Sunday, no camping on the Sunday), you could camp literally next to your car when I first went and there was two security guards for the whole thing (who had the easiest job ever).  There really wasn't much else like it back then, and I found a lot of good music through Truck.  

Not forgetting being able to take your own alcohol into the arena!

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

They're a hard act to figure out now, but agreed. I think Truck's stature in what it can book is rising (Foals in 2019 felt like quite a big get imo), but equally, I don't think Biffy have come down to this level.

Foals was a bit different due to them clearly agreeing to a lower fee

Victorious is the first significant drop down Biffy have ever done i'd say

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Foals was a bit different due to them clearly agreeing to a lower fee

Victorious is the first significant drop down Biffy have ever done i'd say

Yup it is, I think they be looking at Boardmasters next year, Y Not I'm unsure of but if they could grab Kasabian and Weller it's possible. Noel this year but he's hard to gauge anyway as he'll do a bigger tour and accept smaller festival slots to headline. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Yup it is, I think they be looking at Boardmasters next year, Y Not I'm unsure of but if they could grab Kasabian and Weller it's possible. Noel this year but he's hard to gauge anyway as he'll do a bigger tour and accept smaller festival slots to headline. 

Based on Boardmasters recent bookings i'm not sure they would be particularly after Biffy

Could see Biffy doing APE, IOW or Latitude next year - or Reading MSW (as far as the south goes anyway)

edit - this is smaller kasabian worth noting

Edited by gfa

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

Based on Boardmasters recent bookings i'm not sure they would be particularly after Biffy

Could see Biffy doing APE, IOW or Latitude next year - or Reading MSW (as far as the south goes anyway)

edit - this is smaller kasabian worth noting

I'm going by them booking The 1975 probably by the indie side of things but that said I'm not a fan of both myself. You are probably right. Latitude for Biffy it's a no for me and APE might be too much of a down step yet. IOW would be the most realistic I feel.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I'm going by them booking The 1975 probably by the indie side of things but that said I'm not a fan of both myself. You are probably right. Latitude for Biffy it's a no for me and APE might be too much of a down step yet. IOW would be the most realistic I feel.

APE is perfectly reasonable imo

Latitude also doesn't seem too crazy after booking Kasabian this year - but definitely not my first guess either

The Strokes and Gorillaz have done it in recent years

Edited by gfa

35 minutes ago, gfa said:

APE is perfectly reasonable imo

Latitude also doesn't seem too crazy after booking Kasabian this year - but definitely not my first guess either

The Strokes and Gorillaz have done it in recent years

APE doesn't me as somewhere biffy would play. It's it pretty much a 6music festival 

Assuming we still have 1 sub left to be announced alongside kooks and Declan, who do we think it’ll be?

personally hoping for pixies but not sure theyre quite truck material 

kaiser chiefs announced at y not,, could be a good shout here 

Edited by Will b

18 minutes ago, northernangel said:

APE doesn't me as somewhere biffy would play. It's it pretty much a 6music festival 

There's not really a better option for them in London though

Its hardly ridiculous - they are the perfect size to headline it imo

Think we're getting off track anyway

23 minutes ago, Will b said:

Assuming we still have 1 sub left to be announced alongside kooks and Declan, who do we think it’ll be?

personally hoping for pixies but not sure theyre quite truck material 

kaiser chiefs announced at y not,, could be a good shout here 

Think you're right. Jamie T, Wet Leg and The Streets headlining with Idles on Thursday? The Kooks, Declan and one more sub. Sea Girls potentially could be subbing but i'd imagine they'd be just under the sub and we'd get someone else announced. Really excited to see the undercard