BST 2024

stanh

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Wasn't this one speculated as Saturday June 29?

Same day as Green Day at Wembley. But I suspect while that sold out, this won't. Especially if the poster is also correct that Kings of Leon are doing Bristol Ashton Gate, as I also saw speculated, and further dates elsewhere in the UK.

No - if the dates posted are accurate, then BST pans out like this:

Fri 28 June - Stevie Wonder
Sat 29 June - SZA
Sun 30 June - Kings of Leon

Fri 5 July - Andrea Bocelli
Sat 6 July - Robbie Williams
Sun 7 July - Shania Twain

Fri 12 July - Stevie Nicks
Sun 14 July - Stray Kids

Plus one other, presumably (but not necessarily) on the 13th.

Edited by incident

10 hours ago, incident said:

No - if the dates posted are accurate, then BST pans out like this:

Fri 28 June - Stevie Wonder
Sat 29 June - SZA
Sun 30 June - Kings of Leon

Fri 5 July - Andrea Bocelli
Sat 6 July - Robbie Williams
Sun 7 July - Shania Twain

Fri 12 July - Stevie Nicks
Sun 14 July - Stray Kids

Plus one other, presumably (but not necessarily) on the 13th.

My mistake. Clearly I half-remembered the original post.

22 hours ago, charlierc said:

I had no idea who those two are but if they're BST HP level, good for them.

Absolutely crazy your on here all the time with 4.6k posts and don't know who SZA is!

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Got to be one of the 50,000-capped events, surely.

Who knows, with the slate looking as weak as it does.

Bocelli is already heavily capped as with the whole front section being seated (and even in standing areas, they'll be expecting people to sit down on picnic blankets etc).

Wouldn't surprise me if the other 50k event is to be decided later based on ticket sales. Let's be honest here, quite a few of them have the potential to not reach that mark without discounted ticket offers.

Just now, incident said:

Who knows, with the slate looking as weak as it does.

Bocelli is already heavily capped as with the whole front section being seated (and even in standing areas, they'll be expecting people to sit down on picnic blankets etc).

Wouldn't surprise me if the other 50k event is to be decided later based on ticket sales. Let's be honest here, quite a few of them have the potential to not reach that mark without discounted ticket offers.

Would they not have to inform the council in advance for planning purposes on how many they were expecting?

I think they possibly should have reverted to five nights over two weekends for this one. Taken it on the chin, as is.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Would they not have to inform the council in advance for planning purposes on how many they were expecting?

I think they possibly should have reverted to five nights over two weekends for this one. Taken it on the chin, as is.

They've got plenty time to do all that though - I don't know exactly when their hard deadline will be, but I'd guess we're at least a couple months away from it.

I guess that this year there will be plenty of tickets for NHS staff and competitions, I can't see Stevie Nicks, Shania Twains, KoL selling out.  Shania and SZA also did multiple nights at the O2 last year. The days of Elton John, The Stones, Black Sabbath, Streisand etc are gone.. feels like BST are just booking acts that happen to be touring rather than one off events and are avoiding the BIG ones, par Stevie Wonder of course. 

Other festivals have done well with one off's like last years Iggy Pop/Blondie/Generation Sex thing and Wide Awake have sold out already  - all dayers with smaller genre specific acts and cheaper tickets seem the be the way to go rather than potentially seeing Stevie Nicks at a too big venue for £200

1 minute ago, Charles h said:

I guess that this year there will be plenty of tickets for NHS staff and competitions, I can't see Stevie Nicks, Shania Twains, KoL selling out.  Shania and SZA also did multiple nights at the O2 last year. The days of Elton John, The Stones, Black Sabbath, Streisand etc are gone.. feels like BST are just booking acts that happen to be touring rather than one off events and are avoiding the BIG ones, par Stevie Wonder of course. 

Other festivals have done well with one off's like last years Iggy Pop/Blondie/Generation Sex thing and Wide Awake have sold out already  - all dayers with smaller genre specific acts and cheaper tickets seem the be the way to go rather than potentially seeing Stevie Nicks at a too big venue for £200

Acts are doing heaps of O2 dates a lot more and these are generally the kind of acts that BST go after.

---

Stray Kids could do really well for no apparent reason tbh - no idea if they are bigger than Blackpink but lets be honest none of us actually have much clue about these K Pop acts

1 minute ago, Glenn Coco said:

The amount of merch I saw being sold for Blackpink, I’m not surprised to see another k pop act.

Plus anecdotally, their merch was priced at *much* higher prices than comparable items for other BST acts. And those acts weren't selling stuff cheap.

Sh*t, my daughter and friends are so into Stray Kids -that's me spaffing upwards of 200each on gold circle. 

Stray kids probably smaller than Blackpink but tour Europe so rarely that Kpop fans will have to go. 

On the upside they have a lot more actual music than Blackpink.

Edited by giantkatestacks

On 1/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, charlierc said:

That's got two Foo Fighters shows and Burna Boy.

Maybe Tottenham Stadium? It's got Pink doing gigs there but they had like 8 concerts last summer.

Someone over on the IORR site is saying AD/DC are doing two shows at Wembley. 

Edited by Chef

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

Sh*t, my daughter and friends are so into Stray Kids -that's me spaffing upwards of 200each on gold circle. 

Stray kids probably smaller than Blackpink but tour Europe so rarely that Kpop fans will have to go. 

On the upside they have a lot more actual music than Blackpink.

That was me last year - Blackpink with my young adult daughter- I had to suffer it and go with her because her friends hate k pop.

Mistake I made was choosing a package with free bar - with a 22 year old 🫣, it was a birthday present. Sooo much vomit.  My fault, never again!.

Blackpink put on an amazing show but not my scene.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I'm so depressed. Is this the end of BST as we knew it? I always looked forward to one or two great days at BST each year but this ... 

Its just how touring patterns work - everyone and their nan toured in 2022/2023 so there's just less acts around this year.

All festivals are weaker this year

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

I'm so depressed. Is this the end of BST as we knew it? I always looked forward to one or two great days at BST each year but this ... 

Also check out the first post on this page which includes the expected list of headliners. There should still be legend type acts in line with previous years e.g. Stevie W, Stevie N etc, plus one headliner still unknown.

4 hours ago, Chef said:

Someone over on the IORR site is saying AD/DC are doing two shows at Wembley. 

Interesting - I thought that with Taylor Swift doing lots of dates there plus Springsteen & Green Day that they might be close to quota. Unless it's a more generous allowance than I thought.