24 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Pearl Jam are now officially announced at Mad Cool and Nos Alive so unfortunately we can rule them out 100% now. 

Interesting to see they didn't announce the whole tour but only those two shows.

Other shows will come for sure, I don't think they're coming Europe for just two shows.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Yes exactly! And having Lenny on a Thursday (which is the hardest day to sell out) is mysterious to me. I guess that can change if they have a strong co-headliner that day.  

Something must have gone seriously wrong there. I simply can't believe that Lenny was their plan A (nor B nor C). 

For a co-headliner there aren't that many interesting options left, unless they come up with a name that hasn't announced any live dates yet.The Smashing Pumpkins would 've been a decent choice but they are at Live is Live so they are out. I don't see Massive Attack being there either unfortunately. 

The prodigy would be another decent option. But the most probable scenario right now is Parkway Drive I think. Not a bad name but not one that will get me excited either.

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Interesting to see they didn't announce the whole tour but only those two shows.

Other shows will come for sure, I don't think they're coming Europe for just two shows.

Yeah, they're definitely not coming for two festivals and then going home. I still think they're playing Friday, but we shall see. Also, the two dates they announced were BOTH on the leaked list of European tour dates.... as well as Rock Werchter. We shall see.

Edited by SonicSleuth

55 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

So are we expecting another announcement before Christmas or is this it for this year you reckon?  

Personally think other than maybe 1 or 2 standalone announcements that’ll be it.  Then 30 ish in January and then the rest in march

Parkway Drive will play on Thursday. Like I said earlier, their booking agency announced last week at 4pm but deleted it really quickly and the time I understand they weren't not in the official announcement, the post was deleted. 

Lenny Kravitz
Parkway Drive
Greta Van Fleet
Dropkick Murphys

Seems it gonna be the 4 biggest bands on Thursday. Which is weak for RW. Or maybe another act will play between GVF and DM but it's not gonna be a strong day anyway.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Parkway Drive will play on Thursday. Like I said earlier, their booking agency announced last week at 4pm but deleted it really quickly and the time I understand they weren't not in the official announcement, the post was deleted. 

Lenny Kravitz
Parkway Drive
Greta Van Fleet
Dropkick Murphys

Seems it gonna be the 4 biggest bands on Thursday. Which is weak for RW. Or maybe another act will play between GVF and DM but it's not gonna be a strong day anyway.

If those 4 are the biggest acts on Thursday I highly doubt the day will sell out. 

Edited by ParanoidTourist
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Archi said:

Lenny Kravitz
Parkway Drive
Greta Van Fleet
Dropkick Murphys

That’s a strong Lokerse day.

On another topic, Janelle Monae playing Mad Cool. Barn head candidate ? Or playing Dour after last year’s cancellation ?

15 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Yeah, they're definitely not coming for two festivals and then going home. I still think they're playing Friday, but we shall see. Also, the two dates they announced were BOTH on the leaked list of European tour dates.... as well as Rock Werchter. We shall see.

Werchter was not on leaked list, it was just someone's wish.

And Dimmy the Greek already confirmed that Werchter was never in plans for 2024

7 minutes ago, Archi said:

First names for Main Square too. The last show of Placebo was still at SportPaleis (20k capacity) but don't think it was soldout. Maybe they could sub for Maneskin?

Maneskin
Placebo
Sum 41
Yungblud
Simple Plan

410093179_900831301410591_2371910589375279559_n.jpeg

Placebo would be great!

Also saw that Sam Smith plays in Poland on the 5th so the risk for Werchter is if he is playing on Thursday or Sunday. 

When we've come around to hoping for Sam Smith and Kings of Leon, it's a rough lineup. Of course, neither would be a main headliner, so that's something.

And no, I don't think there's anything wrong with those choices as subheadliners... just following this forum for the past month, it's an unexpected shift.