23 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

PJ Harvey played Rock Werchter on almost every tour she’s done.

That's very true, hadn't realised she had been announced alongside Pulp too. I was just thinking if they're booking Dua Lipa for one of the nights then Pulp would have been a fantastic counter-booking in the Barn for us boring old souls.

*I say that as a big Dua Lipa fan to be fair, I was just thinking of someone realistic who could be playing Werchter who Pulp could play opposite in the Barn

3 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

That's very true, hadn't realised she had been announced alongside Pulp too. I was just thinking if they're booking Dua Lipa for one of the nights then Pulp would have been a fantastic counter-booking in the Barn for us boring old souls.

*I say that as a big Dua Lipa fan to be fair, I was just thinking of someone realistic who could be playing Werchter who Pulp could play opposite in the Barn

Yeah, a hypothetical Dua Lipa X Pulp clash would be a nightmare, that would be 2 must-sees for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

PJ Harvey played Rock Werchter on almost every tour she’s done.

PJ Harvey is also doing Bergenfest in Norway mid-June as well, so I'm guessing there's a good chance of seeing her at RW as she'll probably stay around in Europe then...

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

I think you might be overestimating Pulp there. Doubt that the Barn would be packed, regardless of the headliner they're clashing with.

They also seem like an act that would prefer headlining Lokerse Feesten or Live Is Live over playing the Barn.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

I think you might be overestimating Pulp there. Doubt that the Barn would be packed, regardless of the headliner they're clashing with.

They also seem like an act that would prefer headlining Lokerse Feesten or Live Is Live over playing the Barn.

You're probably right, but I do definitely agree that I think they're sadly more likely for one of the other festivals you've mentioned

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Why the downvote for this, @SonicSleuth? I'm saying I'd rather NOT want this to happen, so I'm very positive about both names. 😊

Twas a misclick, intended as an upvote! My preference is Pulp + Dua Lipa on stage together, let's get the "Common People" update for 2024!

• Like 2

Rumours in the 'Tour Announcement' Thread about Pearl Jam dates gathering speed. Have to imagine they'll be back here if they're about. I wouldn't mind it personally as I've not seen them since 2018 but appreciate some people may be a bit disheartened by it with them being there in 2022.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

You're probably right, but I do definitely agree that I think they're sadly more likely for one of the other festivals you've mentioned

I'm not sure about that. I think they would have packed the Barn, but who knows. Maybe it's the nostalgic in me talking, but I for one would have loved it 🙂

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Rumours in the 'Tour Announcement' Thread about Pearl Jam dates gathering speed. Have to imagine they'll be back here if they're about. I wouldn't mind it personally as I've not seen them since 2018 but appreciate some people may be a bit disheartened by it with them being there in 2022.

They announce probably late november early december....as always.

54 minutes ago, strudd3rs said:

Are Machine Head too extreme to be expected at Werchter?

I’m considering returning in 2024 instead of going to Download but if Download have Machine Head it’ll be tough to resist. 

Yep, not a chance. Graspop if anywhere in Belgium.

No chance Machine Head play at Werchter. And as they came as exclu EU this Summer at Graspop, there's no interest/logic to see them coming back at Graspop in 2024.

About heavy bands, I'm wondering if Parkway Drive could come back at Werchter as they played already on the Main Stage in 2019 (between MuseGreta Van Fleet and other Yungblud...). 

• Upvote 1