What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

8 hours ago, incident said:

I think the ban on laser pens is more to do with the twats that seem to find it funny to aim it in performers eyes, rather than the risk of aviation interference. Not that you're going to do anything like that obviously. But a security guard working to instructions may not know that or give the discretion.

Yeah it’ll be impossible to get it near anyone’s eyes but will happily give it up if asked / challenged . Was only £5 

10 hours ago, incident said:

I think the ban on laser pens is more to do with the twats that seem to find it funny to aim it in performers eyes, rather than the risk of aviation interference. Not that you're going to do anything like that obviously. But a security guard working to instructions may not know that or give the discretion.

Couldn't it also mess with the cameras for the BBC? At least ruining some shots 

38 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

It’ll go directly up from top of pyramid which will be above everyone … and the field has many lasers in it . Often part of the performance especially on the other stage with electronic acts like Chems . Don’t think it’ll interfere with any cameras but possibly I’ll only use it if I’m further back though 

20 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah I’ve checked it won’t cause issues with anything flying as it’s not got the strength and will be directed upward but appreciate the comment as it was something I had concerns over 

I’m a fan of your hats but I don’t think the laser will give you that effect in the field so it’s probably not worth taking a prohibited item… that said people will take worse prohibited items! I’d be worried about the search 😀

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m a fan of your hats but I don’t think the laser will give you that effect in the field so it’s probably not worth taking a prohibited item… that said people will take worse prohibited items! I’d be worried about the search 😀

I’ve tried it outside and it works … maybe not quite as well as on the photo . Still under consideration though …. I might point it inwards 

9 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

So what's the problem?

And it's never going to be strong enough to cause aviation issues.

just booked off my annual leave - which is a formality, i'm a one person department, i've never been refused by me remote bosses (none of whom i've ever met) so its just about the logistics i fancy - think i'll drive down at a decent time on the sunday, stay either at travelodge podimore or glastonbury town, spot of dinner and a wander followed by an early night, and then first knockings monday into the oxfield 👍 tent up, campsite sorted, and get me shifts! 

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

just booked off my annual leave - which is a formality, i'm a one person department, i've never been refused by me remote bosses (none of whom i've ever met) so its just about the logistics i fancy - think i'll drive down at a decent time on the sunday, stay either at travelodge podimore or glastonbury town, spot of dinner and a wander followed by an early night, and then first knockings monday into the oxfield 👍 tent up, campsite sorted, and get me shifts! 

Sounds perfect! Are you on priority too? 

I'm very much looking forward to 27th to get it in my bag. 

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

Sounds perfect! Are you on priority too? 

I'm very much looking forward to 27th to get it in my bag. 

Oh yes! and its thursday the 25th, dont knacker up your dates! (not that it'll all go in priority, but its just nice to have it tied down. I'm going for Bearded Theory first, then Glastonbury, it'll be the most exciting two minutes that day for sure)

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Oh yes! and its thursday the 25th, dont knacker up your dates! (not that it'll all go in priority, but its just nice to have it tied down. I'm going for Bearded Theory first, then Glastonbury, it'll be the most exciting two minutes that day for sure)

Oh wow I could have messed up there! but I think there would have been a reminder or two on here or from friends and the socials! Added 25th to my phone diary now just in case.  

Have you done Bearded before? 

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

Oh wow I could have messed up there! but I think there would have been a reminder or two on here or from friends and the socials! Added 25th to my phone diary now just in case.  

Have you done Bearded before? 

I havnt, ive always quite fancied it and quite like the idea of a smaller festival as my other one alongside Glastonbury. Did Download last year and musically that was much, much more my thing but i really missed the non-musical stuff, the theatre and circus and late night stuff, so BT may be somewhere different again. A few mates are going as punters too, so it'd be nice to see them for a bit. Its quite a small Oxfam team there i believe, hence it being the first one to fill up . . . 

Am still waiting for my invitation to the festival as the number one freeloader on site.

Think I'll up my game this year and refuse to do any shifts, go round demanding free meals from every stall on site whether I need them or not and generally lounge around.

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I havnt, ive always quite fancied it and quite like the idea of a smaller festival as my other one alongside Glastonbury. Did Download last year and musically that was much, much more my thing but i really missed the non-musical stuff, the theatre and circus and late night stuff, so BT may be somewhere different again. A few mates are going as punters too, so it'd be nice to see them for a bit. Its quite a small Oxfam team there i believe, hence it being the first one to fill up . . . 

I know Bearded is very popular amongst those that have been but I'm not sure about the line up for me.  This year, besides Glasto, I'm going back to Wilderness (the most beautiful festival location and pretty decent all round festival) and going to try Beautiful Days for the first time too. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Am still waiting for my invitation to the festival as the number one freeloader on site.

Think I'll up my game this year and refuse to do any shifts, go round demanding free meals from every stall on site whether I need them or not and generally lounge around.

Best left to other thread 

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'm sure that your team will be inviting you back soon - they know your worth after all these years don't they!

If they do, then I know someone who gives out some free bacon rolls if you fancy one! 😉 

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

That could well be lost on most people on the Glastonbury side of the forum 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I'm sure that your team will be inviting you back soon - they know your worth after all these years don't they!

If they do, then I know someone who gives out some free bacon rolls if you fancy one! 😉 

Yea I'll be surprised if they don't. Unless something has changed, e.g. they've been disbanded.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Yea I'll be surprised if they don't. Unless something has changed, e.g. they've been disbanded.

When do you normally hear/find out? 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

When do you normally hear/find out? 

Mid Jan to mid Feb

Our "sign up" website is currently closed until sometime in Feb

I normally preempt by contacting my boss, but she's supposedly retired, as has her replacement. So I don't have a contact for whoever is taking over.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Mid Jan to mid Feb

I normally preempt by contacting my boss, but she's supposedly retired, as has her replacement. So I don't have a contact for whoever is taking over.

We normally find out March time. Hoping we are back again. Delivering sofas help

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Mid Jan to mid Feb

Good luck. Hope you get good news soon.