Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

There's yer Glasto shaped hole.

Yeah I thought she was gonna miss the next festival but that’s a pretty convenient little gap/end of EU run there. Gonna assume she’d sub rather than headline, and she’d fit under any of Madonna, Coldplay, Dua, and most other realistic headliner options for next year. I’d be front and centre! 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I thought she was gonna miss the next festival but that’s a pretty convenient little gap/end of EU run there. Gonna assume she’d sub rather than headline, and she’d fit under any of Madonna, Coldplay, Dua, and most other realistic headliner options for next year. I’d be front and centre! 

I actually don't think she's gonna be there. She's touring throughout the summer so doesn't look to be scheduling any fests. There's also a similar sized gap after her first US leg before coming to Europe, probably just decided to take those two periods as a break amongst a pretty extensive tour.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Or if she is not playing and its a break. Lets wait for all the screaming when she doesnt make it even though theres space. Not the first time

London has 2 extra on hold.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I actually don't think she's gonna be there. She's touring throughout the summer so doesn't look to be scheduling any fests. There's also a similar sized gap after her first US leg before coming to Europe, probably just decided to take those two periods as a break amongst a pretty extensive tour.

Ah you’re most likely right about the no fests thing - completely passed me by, and doubtful she’s gonna do just Glastonbury again.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I suppose there's a chance that first break could be for Coachella, mind. I have no idea what the rumours are for that.

She won’t be able to do Coachella, they have a radius clause that doesn’t allow artists to play in California a certain time close to the festival.
I managed to sign up but it won’t let me copy the link I use to here?…

also starting prices listed on Hydro website as £64 - £143, bit steep tbh

Edited by ls2408

1 minute ago, ls2408 said:

She won’t be able to do Coachella, they have a radius clause that doesn’t allow artists to play in California a certain time close to the festival. 

How close? Because she's playing in CA in February and August.

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

How close? Because she's playing in CA in February and August.

Three months either side I believe, so it’s possible but not sure it’ll happen

edited: Google says it’s now anytime between January and July unless it’s an AEG venue?

Edited by ls2408

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Very similar pattern to what Billie did isn’t it?

Eerily similar, and tbh there might just be a chance that she absolutely loved Glastonbury and is happy to do it as a one off again, but would seem kind of strange to just snub all other festivals for a second time.

1 minute ago, ls2408 said:

Three months either side I believe, so it’s possible but not sure it’ll happen

Yeah I also don't think people should read in the the gaps too much. Think it's just a coincidence that they both coincide with Glasto and Coachella (perhaps she wanted to attend?), but it is a bit interesting nonetheless.

And here I am reading into the gaps.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Eerily similar, and tbh there might just be a chance that she absolutely loved Glastonbury and is happy to do it as a one off again, but would seem kind of strange to just snub all other festivals for a second time.

Yea she’s said in interviews how much she loved it.  It really wouldn’t surprise me at all

46 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That gap from Portugal 22nd just looks way to likely for me. She doesn't have to schedule really this far in advance to be able to play.

48 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That gap from Portugal 22nd just looks way to likely for me. She doesn't have to schedule really this far in advance to be able to play.

It's got a gap for Reading too after LA. Some very convenient with nothing concrete festival gaps that aren't enough to put ticket buyers off. 

52 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

I managed to sign up but it won’t let me copy the link I use to here?…

also starting prices listed on Hydro website as £64 - £143, bit steep tbh

Somebody didnt notice Blink 182 played Coachella this year despite having dates in Southern California 2 months later in stadiums no less. Skrillex and Four Tet did too despite being headliners at another festival in LA a few months after Coachella.  Theyre finding ways to get artists onto the lineup without consequence of that by just adding them via the schedule and not affecting the local shows that are happening. So...... get ready for a very late add.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Somebody didnt notice Blink 182 played Coachella this year despite having dates in Southern California 2 months later in stadiums no less. Skrillex and Four Tet did too despite being headliners at another festival in LA a few months after Coachella.  Theyre finding ways to get artists onto the lineup without consequence of that by just adding them via the schedule and not affecting the local shows that are happening. So...... get ready for a very late add.

Jesus man, they were a stand in for a cancellation! By that time, that clause meant nothing. 

• Upvote 1