Foo Fighters for Saturday night 2024?

Pjonze

Think that pretty much rules them out of Download, if anything - I don’t think Dave’s voice can take doing two days on the run these days, hence the staggered dates.

Very much puts them in the frame for Glastonbury again, though. 

edit: wait my dumb ass read the dates wrong , although it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see them add a second Manchester date in that gap if the first sells out. 

Edited by FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

edit: wait my dumb ass read the dates wrong , although it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see them add a second Manchester date in that gap if the first sells out. 

That was the other possibility I considered - first sell out the weekday for Manchester / Glasgow before then putting the Saturday on sale.  Whichever way it goes it's glaring in it's omission. 

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Can see them doing it but only if they have RATM or AC/DC booked

I really don't see it being AC/DC. But a line up of RATM Friday, Foo Fighters Saturday and SOAD Sunday would sell very well. Especially if you have likes of Korn, Gojira and Sabaton subbing. Still I think stadium dates rules then out.

1 hour ago, Swansea93 said:

Do you think Andy might agree to this though to desperately get Foo Fighters to play? After what he done for AC/DC in 2010 it wouldn’t surprise me.

I never understand this logic with bookers. When bands are big enough that they can sell out six stadium dates on the day, them playing download as well is not taking anything away from the festival. 

52 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Extra date announced for Manchester that Saturday night. 

Aye, not that they were ever likely. The only festivals now really are Glastonbury or Reading which will both allow these gigs and they are two months between them and Reading which is certainly not something Foo Fighters would be bothered about. But returning to play the Saturday or Sunday at Glastonbury would just be a cop out booking.