Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

On 6/28/2023 at 5:31 PM, Lubic said:

Ah for some reason I thought it was because Murder Capital were having technical issues. I tuned in and the band were on stage testing their gear for a while. Shame they had to cut their set down, but they were great

I went over to the tent for their start time and waited around a bit before sacking it off to go and meet a friend. Found out as on my way home I got talking to someone who works for the BBC doing their sound mixes from the Park and Other. He showed me the pictures he’d been sent by a colleague.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:42 PM, clarkete said:

Same with N.E.R.D.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/jun/26/nerd-glastonbury-2009

Tbh it was a bit funny when he was trying to get the crowd to cheer for them to play on.  Most were simply bemused as they had arrived late - therefore we knew what would happen. 

You seem to recall this extremely differently from me

Regina Spektor definitely overran as well, the whole stage was running late.

The crowd also weren't "bemused", they sang along after they cut the sound until they eventually had to cut the screens as well, even then it took a minute to get the crowd to stop. It was a brilliant set (although clearly the guardian writer isn't a fan)

On 6/28/2023 at 3:46 PM, verrymerry said:

I wondered why Woodies was over running that evening. Was it anything technical because they definitely had some problems during their set, not that you could tell but they mentioned it while playing 

The Last Dinner Party started the day about 15 mins late due to technical difficulties which probably resulted in a knock on effect for the whole day

28 minutes ago, gazzared said:

The Last Dinner Party started the day about 15 mins late due to technical difficulties which probably resulted in a knock on effect for the whole day

Yeah, The Murder Capital had issues of their own, and were close to 40 mins late by the time they went on. Was all a bit of a mess

Thought I'd clear a few things up as I work in this area. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

From 00:00 (just focusing on saturday here) the noise level off site must drop from 65dB LAeq 15min to 57dB (this is over half the sound power). Then from 00:30 it must drop again so that no 'entertainment sound' is 'audible and discernable'. Basically this means no person off site should be able to listen and say 'Oh that's such and such band' or 'Oh i can hear a vocal popping up over the other music', it must all be a mish mash under 57dB LAeq 15min. This is most likely the reason she was cut off.

Unfortunatly for Lana, it's either she gets cut off, or Guns N' Roses...

LAeq 15min = average sound level over 15min.

-3dB = Halving in sound power

-10dB = Halving in audible sound level

image.png

Edited by Boddah
technical

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She really cares about her next festival set in a couple weeks

It’s definitely a stunt - she won’t be seen there again. Not sure what she’s gaining from it but she hasn’t accepted a job at Waffle House, come on

11 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

It’s definitely a stunt - she won’t be seen there again. Not sure what she’s gaining from it but she hasn’t accepted a job at Waffle House, come on

She's put her stage name on the name badge.

It baffles me that anyone would be brazen (or dumb) enough to claim it's not a stunt.