Isle of Wight 2024

galbani

I know it's been asked a ton before, but trying to find definitive info is difficult, what's the deal with getting back to mainland Southampton/Portsmouth late Sunday night/early Monday morning? 

Likely gonna do the day ticket, by foot. But just looking to work out my best options, right now it seems only the Red Funnel from East Cowes to Soton is an option and the only avalaibility is 12:30AM. Am I likely to make that? Do they tend to run extra ferry's overnight on the Sunday anyways?

On 2/7/2024 at 9:30 AM, seanz25 said:

I know it's been asked a ton before, but trying to find definitive info is difficult, what's the deal with getting back to mainland Southampton/Portsmouth late Sunday night/early Monday morning? 

If you're coming over as a foot passenger you're not going to struggle to get home. Will just be a case of joining a queue for a boat. Will be plenty of buses running from the festival site Sunday night and Monday morning. 

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.2e4666bcd315b1b33e904434f28a5fd8.png

Line up has been expanded. Nothing mind-blowing for me, but Pretenders, Marr and Feeder are reliable festival performers I'd be happy to catch - hopefully they don't clash with anyone else.
This line-up is mega Radio 2 friendly, and maybe that's the market they're going for so hard to get excited by it being cutting edge or anything. But in that niche they've done very well indeed and this is the best line-up they've had for a few years. I'm looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought tickets 🎉 anyone ever turned up to camp on the Friday before? Was there still some space to pitch up? I've always turned up on the Thursday but not able to this year..

Edited by sam47

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have the T&Cs related to alcohol on-site changed? I was positive there was a section on the site there before about your own alcohol not being allowed past a certain point … but I can’t find any reference to it now - just no glass.

If it’s a free-for-all in terms of bringing your own, it could obviously make a huge difference to what many people end up spending across the weekend!

17 minutes ago, dillonstandard said:

Have the T&Cs related to alcohol on-site changed? I was positive there was a section on the site there before about your own alcohol not being allowed past a certain point … but I can’t find any reference to it now - just no glass.

If it’s a free-for-all in terms of bringing your own, it could obviously make a huge difference to what many people end up spending across the weekend!

I doubt they’d do that as they’d lose significant revenue. 

On 4/6/2024 at 6:01 PM, foolee said:

Anyone ever got on one of the late night ferry’s and is it doable after the headliner? Have a feeling it’ll probably be pushing it. 

As a foot passenger you should be fine. 

Edited by Henrik
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...