Isle of Wight 2024

galbani

5 hours ago, FxxxItFlowers said:

Stings probably headlining friday, only day he could do but he fits perfectly

Based off the size of his solo shows i don't think he would be a headliner, i can't think of any similar size event he's headlined

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Yeah I'm aware of the announcement. Scenes if they have bagged Green Day 

John Giddings has said he always wanted them. 

I just can't see it. 

Just said this on the Glastonbury thread, the crowds that were watching Gabrielle, Robbie and George Ezra do not strike me as the people who will be ripping it up to Nice Guys Finish Last or Welcome To Paradise. 

Stranger things have happened mind, and I've seen Fall Out Boy, Foos and KoL at the festival but that was like... 10 years ago ago. It's been more George Ezra and Lionel Ritchie since then.

• Like 1

The last 10 years have been quite grim indeed but it was such a good festival before that. 

Last year's line-up was awful and it sold out. I'd like to think we are at a place where we can start to build this festival up again. Either that or Giddings now knows he can book any old rubbish and people will still lap it up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Henrik said:

The last 10 years have been quite grim indeed but it was such a good festival before that. 

Last year's line-up was awful and it sold out. I'd like to think we are at a place where we can start to build this festival up again. Either that or Giddings now knows he can book any old rubbish and people will still lap it up. 

My sister's kids grew up on the island (they've all left home/started their own families etc now) and all their mums, dads and nans go for a nice day out. 😆 

I had a good time myself this year, I've enjoyed it before and there were some amazing acts but some of the crowd was... weird.

I do love the Island deeply though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MK1 said:

Not gonna happen. Springsteen wil only do more shows in cities already announced according someone in the headliners topic.

That was me - I don't know about festivals, they're different. But I think if he's gonna do a festival he'd do Glastonbury instead of IoW

11 hours ago, wro_lap said:

That was me - I don't know about festivals, they're different. But I think if he's gonna do a festival he'd do Glastonbury instead of IoW

Springsteen has played both IOW and Glastonbury in the past so can't rule it out. I would say Springsteen doesn't fit with IOW recent history of headliners though over last few years so do agree Glasto more likely.

Be very happy if indeed is Green Day, but I did also notice that Take That have a Sunday gap and after last year with Robbie think they could be possible too! 🙄