Drum n Bass at Glastonbury 2023

Pateen

6 minutes ago, concerned said:

30 years of V recordings with Bryan gee, dillinja, die and JJ frost will be incredible - firmly rooted on Friday

LTJ bukem at iicon on Saturday. Mala is on before if you want to catch some decent dubstep.

Thursday at the temple basically all day although I'd avoid going earlier. Bou b2b hedex is a crush waiting to happen, turn up at 11pm for born on road. 

Thursday at the glade dome 

Randall is going to be playing a set somewhere 

There is tonnes 

Pretty keen for this but thinking the crowds may mean otherwise 

On 6/16/2023 at 5:44 PM, Skip997 said:

the problem with a lot of Drum and Bass these days is that it isn't Drum and Bass

Come on you're better than that Skip. I had every Hysteria, Helter Skelter, Dreamscape etc tape pack I could get my hands on in the 90s too (I was too young to go to 'legal' events like some of you older folk. 😛)  And I still like the classics now. But technology has come a long way since the S1000, so has Drum & Bass, and it's modern sub genres. The new stuff is great in it's own right, and it's keeping the genre alive. Personally I can't get enough of it. 

Save the 'in my day' stuff for the grandkids. 😉

2 hours ago, briddj said:

Walking round SEC with my mate last year, dragging me into wall to wall DnB. Give it some bloody variety!

I literally couldn't get into any of the D&B sets I wanted to see last year without queueing ages, and I was told to never queue on here (I regret that now) so I went and found other stuff. Lots of house, trance etc, that I could just walk straight into. Probably explains why the high proportion of D&B currently, the genre has been experiencing a huge mainstream renaissance for a while now. 

But if you're not a fan of D&B... The popularity of people like Fred, Four Tet, Bicep and Skrillex are making other dance genres very mainstream right now. That will surely force more of a balance in the future? I think Fred and Four Tet's sets are going to be packed with youngsters. 21 year old lad I know who is going for the first time (not with us) mentioned those 2 as his must see sets first. (Yeh I know, sample size of 1, but you get my point. 🙈😂)

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 11:16 PM, Alvoram said:

Come on you're better than that Skip. I had every Hysteria, Helter Skelter, Dreamscape etc tape pack I could get my hands on in the 90s too (I was too young to go to 'legal' events like some of you older folk. 😛)  And I still like the classics now. But technology has come a long way since the S1000, so has Drum & Bass, and it's modern sub genres. The new stuff is great in it's own right, and it's keeping the genre alive. Personally I can't get enough of it. 

Save the 'in my day' stuff for the grandkids. 😉

I literally couldn't get into any of the D&B sets I wanted to see last year without queueing ages, and I was told to never queue on here (I regret that now) so I went and found other stuff. Lots of house, trance etc, that I could just walk straight into. Probably explains why the high proportion of D&B currently, the genre has been experiencing a huge mainstream renaissance for a while now. 

But if you're not a fan of D&B... The popularity of people like Fred, Four Tet, Bicep and Skrillex are making other dance genres very mainstream right now. That will surely force more of a balance in the future? I think Fred and Four Tet's sets are going to be packed with youngsters. 21 year old lad I know who is going for the first time (not with us) mentioned those 2 as his must see sets first. (Yeh I know, sample size of 1, but you get my point. 🙈😂)

I went to those Hysteria, Helter Skelter, Dreamscapes.

Those were magnificent days.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 3:51 AM, bamber said:

While everyone was at Elton, a few of us got to watch this.....

Was genuinely a really tough decision to go to Elton, the only thing that solved the clash and finialised the decision to go to Elton was that we were seeing Rudimental, and Venbee, on the same stage and day at Splendour Festival a few weeks later. That Rudimental set at Splendour is still in my top 5 sets of 4 festivals this year!!! Rubbish weather, tiny festival, but they ALWAYS bring the party, I bet their Glasto set was great fun to be at, regardless of crowd size!!!

• Like 1