Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if they advertise it as 7pm and it's the only show that day, inevitably a lot of people will turn up last minute and would take a good old while to get everyone in. Can imagine they open doors at 7pm and the band come on stage at 7.30pm ish hence need to extend finish time.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if they advertise it as 7pm and it's the only show that day, inevitably a lot of people will turn up last minute and would take a good old while to get everyone in. Can imagine they open doors at 7pm and the band come on stage at 7.30pm ish hence need to extend finish time.

Don't think that's the reason at all personally. 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ecclestone82 said:

I have SO much anxiety about failing to get a ticket for The National tomorrow. 

All bits crossed! 

I'm also slightly nervous. But I hope that a band who has played the festival quite frequently and is easy to see reduces demand a fair bit. Plus the pull of the Phoenix opening gig with more acts (I know these dont fully clash but you would miss some acts going to both).

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Guaranteed that doors will open at 6 or even earlier.

4 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Guaranteed that doors will open at 6 or even earlier.

Suspect you're right. Whatever happens will feel crazy early for an indoors concert in Spain and still daylight when it finishes! 

23 hours ago, diekatze said:

So i bought my ticket through Dice. It says i have to activate it in the AccessTicket app. I want to go to the Phoenix show on Wednesday, so i'll have to activate it before the 8th (aka tomorrow). Could I still send the festival ticket to someone else in the unlikely chance i couldn't attend the festival on short notice (illness, travel problems etc)? Or is that no longer possible, once the ticket is activated?

So I've got VIP and purchased some extra tickets yesterday and it gave me a warning saying once you get any Ciutat ticket (including the Phoenix show) your tickets is no longer transferable. 

If I click on my ticket now it says I need to transfer or return the Ciutat tickets before I can send it to a friend. Returning tickets is fine up until 24 hours before the show so you should be fine.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera is about to announce a third site in Europe. Could try and build a buzz at the festival.

My money would be on Italy or France. Maybe Turin (or Milan)?

Ffs their conquest for over expansion continues. Wish they'd just stick to Barcelona and Porto in Europe. 

I think the South American PS are fair game given there isn't a massive market over there.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera is about to announce a third site in Europe. Could try and build a buzz at the festival.

London was to be announced shortly before Covid, right?

Berlin would make sense, there is no festival like PS anywhere in Germany and its but it is near-impossible to find suitable spaces.

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Ffs their conquest for over expansion continues. Wish they'd just stick to Barcelona and Porto in Europe. 

I think the South American PS are fair game given there isn't a massive market over there.

In many ways I agree. On other hand another site in Europe could mean that they have more buying power for act packages and in theory strengthen the lineup. Maybe they will start with a 2-dayer somewhere. Italy makes the most sense to me in terms of keeping mediterranean vibe and market not too saturated.

28 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Where have you seen other news? Turin was in negotiations months ago but then nothing more was heard

54 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In many ways I agree. On other hand another site in Europe could mean that they have more buying power for act packages and in theory strengthen the lineup. Maybe they will start with a 2-dayer somewhere. Italy makes the most sense to me in terms of keeping mediterranean vibe and market not too saturated.

I am not sure. Italy has no big festival like primavera but also has a fairly relatively small potential audience for acts such as these (I am Italian and I can guarantee PS would just not work anywhere else than Milan, with a big maybe also for Milan) and that a lot of that audience already go to primavera in Barcelona. I’ve read somewhere that Italians are 3rd after Spanish and British people? 

Edited by Whos3000_

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

So I've got VIP and purchased some extra tickets yesterday and it gave me a warning saying once you get any Ciutat ticket (including the Phoenix show) your tickets is no longer transferable. 

If I click on my ticket now it says I need to transfer or return the Ciutat tickets before I can send it to a friend. Returning tickets is fine up until 24 hours before the show so you should be fine.

Does it really let you transfer the Ciutat ticket? to another person?

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

I am not sure. Italy has no big festival like primavera but also has a fairly relatively small potential audience for acts such as these (I am Italian and I can guarantee PS would just not work anywhere else than Milan, with a big maybe also for Milan) and that a lot of that audience already go to primavera in Barcelona. I’ve read somewhere that Italians are 3rd after Spanish and British people? 

If it's in Milan/Turin, then not only can it attract Italians but also Swiss, Germans, French and Austrians who can come by car or train. I think it's certainly enough of a catchment area to sell 2 days and then maybe once it proves itself, it can go up to 3 days.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

If it's in Milan/Turin, then not only can it attract Italians but also Swiss, Germans, French and Austrians who can come by car or train. I think it's certainly enough of a catchment area to sell 2 days and then maybe once it proves itself, it can go up to 3 days.

This is an old one explaining why there aren't big events in Italy (I think you can translate it).

You can also find other articles but this one focuses on the main problems we have in Italy.

first day this year we have a real chance (small but...) to get the timetables: 

- 21 days away from the opening day

- Start day of the Primavera Ciutat reservation period for those with full festival tickets 

Last year, we received the timetables the same day the reservation period for Primavera Ciutat starts, 20 days away from the opening day 

Exactly a year ago, the schedules for Primavera Ciutat 2023 were announced, this year they were moved up to late April, maybe the general schedules will also be moved up a bit ?? 

Still don't have the refreshed lineup (stranger at this point)... maybe there will be a joint announcement for updates and the timetables.

With this landscape, electronic undercard for sure later with the announcement of the map or the other small stages

Edited by diancieprince
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

first day this year we have a real chance (small but...) to ge the timetables: 

- 21 days away from the opening day

- Start day of the Primavera Ciutat reservation period for those with full festival tickets 

Last year, we received the timetables the same day the reservation period for Primavera Ciutat, 20 days away from the opening day 

Exactly a year ago, the schedules for Primavera Ciutat 2023 were announced, this year they were moved up to late April, maybe the general schedules will also be moved up a bit ?? 

For the simple reason that their communications team will be tied up in the Ciutat Access today, I don't think they'd release the timetable today. I still think itll be next week rather than this