Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

25 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

No way they’re not adding more names to this, feels like the emptiest lineup in years. Saturday for sure needs some additional smaller names. Thursday and Friday need some bigger names, if not at least one more big name. Plus all the ciutat names and boiler room names. Either next year is going to be a really bad year for festivals or they were just trying to save some money after Madrid fiasco. I guess we’ll see next year when all the festivals will have their lineups ready. I also want to see the Porto lineup tomorrow, cause I feel like for much cheaper they will be able to squeeze the majority of good names (minus the exclusive ones and things like Lana and The National). 

Can be 200-300 quid a night for a hotel in Barcelona at the best of times. Will people justify that for this Saturday lineup or fly home early?

Edited by Drums Please Fab

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

To me looks better this way tbh. I am already starting to worry about clashes. 
Thursday: I would see deftones, beth gibbons, duster over all the headliners. Htrk, The armed, Blonde Redhead, freddie gibbs, basinksi, yeule, arab strap, billy woods, wiedgedood all interesting undercard. 

Friday: too packed. Clashes will be unavoidable. 
I would like to see both LDR and the national but I could end up skipping both. Chelsea wolfe, Jai Paul, Badbadnotgood, clipse, yo la tengo all must see for me. Tirzah, mount kimbie, arca, brutus, hitech, lanark artefax if I have time. 

Saturday: basically main stage-only. However, I really want to see lankum and I think I would skip everyone besides fka twigs for them. 

Yo la Tengo are brilliant. Seen them over ten times at this stage. So under rated.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

No way they’re not adding more names to this, feels like the emptiest lineup in years. Saturday for sure needs some additional smaller names. Thursday and Friday need some bigger names, if not at least one more big name.

I will admit I only know two smaller names on Satuday so I wouldn't be able to judge. But adding to that PJ Harvey, Bikini Kill, SZA and the other headliners, that's enough to fill my schedule. Similar for other nights. So I don't really understand why it "needs" more. The question is how many bands per night are you expecting to see? I don't want a festival so stacked that I can only see 1-in-4 on my must-see. Alternatively, if you are only interested in ~2 bands per day, then it is a different issue, and it might be that this year's festival is not for you, but it doesn't mean that the lineup needs more names.

31 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think last year had 7 Mordor, 6 Amazon, 6 Ron Brugal, 6 Cupra, 7 Plenitude, 6 Dice, 3-4 Auditori, 6-8 Pull & Bear and 6 The Warehouse, all of which I think came from the first poster, so about 55 or so each day. I guess they've maybe got rid of a stage or dropped an act from each stage but some additions would be welcome, even if there is already plenty of quality throughout.

Yes you’re right, this was the first poster launch (pre boiler room or any of the really small stages like Aperol) and there’s around 55 per day. I guess it could be one stage less but who knows. Anyways my issue is usually too many clashes, and I’m happy with this year’s lineup, but would still be cool to get a couple of smaller surprises! 
IMG_1674.thumb.jpeg.71cd8ba201087667c6179be3ca20ea0f.jpeg

Honestly that saturday looks great to me. Can't wait to see Charli again and getting to see PJ, FKA and SZA are all ticks off the bucket list. Bikini Kill should be great fun as well. Shame about one name on the upper levels but I'm sure I'll find something else to do in the mean time.

53 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

I meant all my favorite artists are on the same day and I'll be lucky if I get to see a dozen of them

It was the same for us at Madrid this year, literally no one we wanted to see on the third day so we bought 2 one day tickets. Get 2 one day tickets and save on accommodation?

worked out well in the end because we got refunded when the first day got cancelled instead just getting a discount if we had full weekend tickets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rosh_Bothman said:

You could stay in a hostel which would be cheaper, or you could just go to another festival since clearly this one doesn't appeal to you?

Why do people keep talking shite like this. I bought tickets on early bird. I love the festival. The same way I love my football team…but guess what, sometimes they don’t  play very well. And saying they played shite doesn’t mean you don’t support them any more.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rosh_Bothman said:

You could stay in a hostel which would be cheaper, or you could just go to another festival since clearly this one doesn't appeal to you?

I’m not personally complaining about the cost. I’m musing whether the cost of the city is too prohibitive for punters and is not worth it for such a mediocre Saturday (in my opinion). So maybe day tickets sell better individually etc.

At no point have I said I’m not going and at no point have I said I can’t afford it.

3 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I’m not personally complaining about the cost. I’m musing whether the cost of the city is too prohibitive for punters and is not worth it for such a mediocre Saturday (in my opinion). So maybe day tickets sell better individually etc.

At no point have I said I’m not going and at no point have I said I can’t afford it.

Saturday has my three favourites artists on the lineup (Lankum, PJ Harvey and Bikini Kill). If you want to go, go, if you don't want to go, don't go, but speculating on whether others might want to go based on your own opinion of the lineup is too speculative for me!

1 hour ago, Kusy said:

I only regret that they went with Deftones instead of Jane's Addiction. 

Had hope for Crosses and Jane's as I've seen Deftones at Mad Cool - it wasn't a good show. 

Deftones in Manchester 2017 were amazing and are far likely to put on a better show than Jane's Addiction. They also have so many better songs imo.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Urchin1000 said:

There is a loss of 10 artist per day aprox if you compare this year’s lineup with last year’s… the lack of djs who could perform on the pull and bear stage is quite obvios to me. Seems impossible to me that we haven’t lost a stage perhaps now the P&B state isn’t a full time electronic point. 

Agree. If I look at the thursday, for example, when we know the warehouse will host a hyperdub showcase, the other club acts I see are: herrensauna (closing cupra?), sofia kourtesis (closing the 3rd main stage/plenitude?) and that's it. EDIT: peggy gou goes to primavera, kourtesis to plenitude.
On saturday there will be a hivern showcase in the warehouse according to one of the booking agents (channel one, dj fart in the lcub, woody92, phew, monolake). Sandwell district could close Plenitude, dj playero goes to cupra? There is also teki latex but he's just one more name. 
So i think the only 2 full club stages will be warehouse and boiler room this year. 

Edited by Whos3000_
  • Upvote 1