Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

14 hours ago, Granny-Smith said:

Find this predictions at Reddit Primavera Forum. 
Sounds realistic

IMG_3043.jpeg

Not shooting the messenger but the big names on that lineup are a bit "downbeat" or "dark" for want of better adjectives. The Cure, PJ Harvey, Massive Attack, Pulp, Mitski, even Lana to an extent. I like all those artists but you need to be in a certain mood to listen to that stuff. And as for Bad Bunny......Jesus H Christ.....dreadful.

54 minutes ago, brosch said:

For 4) I would recommend the last night - for the fireworks over Cupra and the collective “we’ve made it”-feeling. To be extended on the beach close by. 

What I would add: at one point at least, forget about schedule/plans and just float around between stages for a couple of hours. Great surprises, always. 

For sure. A Primavera experience isn't complete w/o staying till the end on Sunday morning.

21 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

They do think big, don't they

But how does that work, will they all have to come at 9am, so the reveal can happen at 10? Or will it be another 2019-drag?

For me its still 10Am CET. Pleeeasse no livestream, it was such a bore in 2019 and it was completely disorganized and chaotic

countdown does indicate 10am but i'd say that refers to start of radio show and doors for the event don't open til 10am so the reveal will have to be a little later: 11/12?

I don't think the event will be anything more than a Radio PS broadcast with analysis/chat and interviews with some senior PS staff and possibly a local artist on the bill and maybe some giveaway prizes for audience. If i was in town and at loose end, I'd go (it's full anyway)

23 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Not shooting the messenger but the big names on that lineup are a bit "downbeat" or "dark" for want of better adjectives. The Cure, PJ Harvey, Massive Attack, Pulp, Mitski, even Lana to an extent. I like all those artists but you need to be in a certain mood to listen to that stuff. And as for Bad Bunny......Jesus H Christ.....dreadful.

I kind of agree with this. The difference with this year is that at least Rosalia and Kendrick had a new album and Blur came to play after many years. This year it feels kind of dull, but if they do manage to get Lana, Karol G and Bad Bunny, as much as you can like them or not they are still have very fresh material. Then Massive Attack, Pulp and The Cure are artists that haven't been at Primavera for many years, so it would be kind of fresh lineup also. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brosch said:

For 4) I would recommend the last night - for the fireworks over Cupra and the collective “we’ve made it”-feeling. To be extended on the beach close by. 

I had no idea there were fireworks on the last night, I've normally stayed til close to the end on the first two nights and been too burnt out to do it the third night and left knowing the trams run all night. Might try to mix it up this year.

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'm somewhat sceptical, i mean, anyone can call themselves "PSInsider".

At this point I just wanna kill time.

So what about a quick ranking of the best modes of announcements in (recent) PS history?

Mine

1. 2016 - The Rocket Launch Video
2. 2015 - The Mobile Game
3. 2020 - Pavement on the cups
4. 2020 - The "Outer Space Communication" Video
5. 2017 - The countdown that jumped ever closer
6. 2020 - The Radio Primavera Sound announcements
7. 2018 - The "Wild West" Video
8. 2023 - The "I'll be your mirror" video (negative points for product placement and the VR-twin nonsense)

100. 2019 - the insufferable life show

… best for me in fact was 2014 video… really good.

And 2013 was good too.

in 2014 and 2015 they put gigant posters of Arcade Fire and The Strokes in random buildings of Barcelona to be spoted, that was fun too.

5 minutes ago, foolee said:

Any chance Pearl Jam headline? Probably don’t suit/too expensive for something that doesn’t fit as much and if we get The Cure then I doubt we’d get them anyway. Just trying to think of big names that could do it that’ll be around. 

Things like Green Day, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam are impossible for Primavera, for that money I think would just prefer to have Travis Scott or SZA.

2 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

I have never heard of Karol G.....Ever

Huge in Latin world right now, millions if not billions of streams, won Latin Grammy couple of days ago for album of the year, very commercial, so if you don’t like pop music or are not from LATAM or Spain it’s normal you don’t know her. As much people talk bad about her (I’m not a fan either) I understand why Gabi would like to have someone like her at the festival. Fits in the New Normal, is Spanish speaking so promotes Spanish music and sells a sh*t tone of tickets as she’s huge in Spain now, maybe after Bad Bunny she’s the biggest artist right now in Spanish speaking world. 

Edited by festivalguy97