Bearded Theory 2024

On 4/22/2024 at 2:13 PM, Paul ™ said:

Remember when they did the Jaipur X for a couple of years, that was around 10% 😂

that was ridiculous, got far too excited, i saw Jaipur in a pub in Sheffield last week and it made me shudder the thought of it

On 4/20/2024 at 2:23 PM, Paul ™ said:

DELICIOUS FOOD 😋

Our list of food vendors is updated for the 2024 festival! We have hand selected a yummy bunch of tasty treats for you to tuck into while you're at the festival.

We've got fan favourites the Texas Smokery and Truly Crumptious back again, plus plenty of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options from the likes of Creative Intentions, Food in the Belly and more! Festival-staples like the Paelleria (how can you resist a bit of Spanish cuisine in the sunshine!?), as well as more global flavours with Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Italian and Greek options all on the table.

We have hand selected a yummy bunch of tasty treats for you to tuck into while you’re at the festival with plenty of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free optTexas Smokery • Tikka Guys • Shakebar II • Rocket Dogs • Korean Chicken • Espresso Coffee House • Poffertgies UK • Italian Kitchen • Shippy Chippy Fish and Chips • Wildfire Burger Co • Castaway Kitchen • Nurses Cottage • Mac Daddy • Taste of Spice • Mango Rays • Brownie Madame • Spanish Street Food • Steak It Easy • Truly Crumptious • Carnival Coffee & Crepes • Barnaby Sykes Pie Maker • My Big Fat Greek • Stonebake Pizza • Noodle City • Smash The Hash • Soul Bowl • Food in the Belly • Jolly Hog • Tibetan Kitchen • Taylors Toasties • Toastiefest • Cargo House Coffee • Loaded Fries • Bubble Waffle • On The Green Bus • The Pink Donut Van • Melted Toasties • Churros Ole • Paelleria • Creative Intentions • Frank Water

Mmm, Korean chicken, Tibetan Kitchen, Spanish street food sound like my sort of thing.  And Truly Crumptious for a late night snack. 

On 4/22/2024 at 2:13 PM, Paul ™ said:

Remember when they did the Jaipur X for a couple of years, that was around 10% 😂

Was that the same year that they kept running out of ale in the Woodlands bar?  I think I foolishly went for the Jaipur X and didn't even have the sense to just by a half!

Posted (edited)

Look at me go................. I might be on holiday but here is the updated clashfinder.

Extra act every day on The Meadow so guessing it opens earlier. Woodland also has an extra act Fri and Sun so times taken from Saturday.

CODA is total guesswork apart from the comedy.

As and when I get more info I will update it.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

I've listened to almost every acts on the main 3 stages now, and it really is a superb line-up.

A couple of acts that I've never heard of before but are now on my must see list, Meryl Streek and Slope.

Tomorrow I make a start on Convot Cabaret!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've listened to almost every acts on the main 3 stages now, and it really is a superb line-up.

A couple of acts that I've never heard of before but are now on my must see list, Meryl Streek and Slope.

Tomorrow I make a start on Convot Cabaret!

My Friday is stacked - utterly bonkers. Good job energy will be high so can move around between stages loads.

Dont want to get too hung up on the lineup til i know what shifts i'm given, but Les savy fav and Dinosaur jr are the two bands i'm most fancying, so hopefully the shift gods sort me out on the sunday 👍

On 4/24/2024 at 4:48 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

Look at me go................. I might be on holiday but here is the updated clashfinder.

Extra act every day on The Meadow so guessing it opens earlier. Woodland also has an extra act Fri and Sun so times taken from Saturday.

CODA is total guesswork apart from the comedy.

As and when I get more info I will update it.

https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024

Confirmed times for Maui Waui.

FB_IMG_1714072064388.thumb.jpg.e3b1b01e3d19812e5135effca0969468.jpg

5 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Considering I wasn't exactly blown away by the line up finding loads of stuff I used to love on the bill havent listened to for ages and a decent amount of newer bands I want to see so well up for it now. 

Good stuff. I always listen to everyone at least once and compile a list with a brief note next to each. It's noticeable just how few I've completely written off as I've worked my way through this year.

Clashfinder is indicating I'll be very busy, now looking for gaps where I can nip back to the tent or just do nothing for a spell.   

• Upvote 1

Hi Bearded Theory folk, this is going to be our first time at BT, so very excited to be going. I've been to most of the UK festivals over the past 35 years but not BT. 

Just a few questions, where is the best place to camp if you want a quiet time. 

I have a blue badge, is there a parking area for this nearer the campsites as I struggle to walk long distances. 

I keep reading about a bridge on the way in that is very narrow, is there a way of avoiding it. 

Is the festival cash only. 

We probably won't be arriving till Friday morning, will there still be decent spots to camp. 

Cheers J

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good stuff. I always listen to everyone at least once and compile a list with a brief note next to each. It's noticeable just how few I've completely written off as I've worked my way through this year.

Clashfinder is indicating I'll be very busy, now looking for gaps where I can nip back to the tent or just do nothing for a spell.   

You could Do Nothing while watching Do Nothing

2 hours ago, Jay66 said:

Hi Bearded Theory folk, this is going to be our first time at BT, so very excited to be going. I've been to most of the UK festivals over the past 35 years but not BT. 

Just a few questions, where is the best place to camp if you want a quiet time. 

I have a blue badge, is there a parking area for this nearer the campsites as I struggle to walk long distances. 

I keep reading about a bridge on the way in that is very narrow, is there a way of avoiding it. 

Is the festival cash only. 

We probably won't be arriving till Friday morning, will there still be decent spots to camp. 

Cheers J

Anywhere is quietish - justr avoid the Magic teapot area. near the arena entrance.

Yes there is a blue badge area right next to wrist band exchange. Just have BB on display and point stewards at it and thye will point you in the right direction. If you see a muddy purple ford fiesta that is us...... cos we have a BB too.

There is a way of avoiding bridge but it is a long way round - a car fits over the bridge with ease though.

Cash and cards but cash is king always.

There will be spots, ask stewards and they will direct you but again avoid near Magic Teapot unless you hate sleep.

Hope that helps

One for Paul TM - last year's crew bar evaporated after Wed and the space was used as a standard catering marquee plus a newer area of green rooms for performers. Same again this year you reckon? Gail's likely I guess but it's just a fridge of cans these days tbh.

No idea, I dont really use it as it's boring being back of house, rather just use the other onsite bars where my mates all are.

Maui Waui have a crew bar too, this year that might be the better option for you 

12 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Anywhere is quietish - justr avoid the Magic teapot area. near the arena entrance.

Yes there is a blue badge area right next to wrist band exchange. Just have BB on display and point stewards at it and thye will point you in the right direction. If you see a muddy purple ford fiesta that is us...... cos we have a BB too.

There is a way of avoiding bridge but it is a long way round - a car fits over the bridge with ease though.

Cash and cards but cash is king always.

There will be spots, ask stewards and they will direct you but again avoid near Magic Teapot unless you hate sleep.

Hope that helps

Cheers thanks for the advice