Flag Poles (for camp, not stages)

Franky

Good morning beautiful people,

Can anyone recommend a good (cheapish) extendable flag pole for my camp site? and also somewhere I can get a flag for it, either already made up in the design I want or a blank one that I (my wife, because I can't draw a square) can make up.

Not after anything that the royals would use but equally I dont want it to break if a mouse farts on it 🤣

Thanks all

15 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

We've ordered one from here to replace the flagpole that we've retired from our camp. A pal has been pleased with one from this place before.

☺️

Ben

https://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/telescopic-flagpoles-207-c.asp

So weird lol I was about to post a link to the 6m Brookite and ask if it was any good 🙂

So, can you also recommend a decent grouns stake for it as the ones on Amazon seem to get poor reviews about being to flimsy and also (I don't ask for much do I lol) How do you attach a flag to it? I see the 1 ringlet at the top of the pole but how does the bottom corner of the flag attach?

Cheers for all the help! We should probs meet up and have a rave up at the festi this year lol we always seem to be on the same wavelength lol

31 minutes ago, Franky said:

So weird lol I was about to post a link to the 6m Brookite and ask if it was any good 🙂

So, can you also recommend a decent grouns stake for it as the ones on Amazon seem to get poor reviews about being to flimsy and also (I don't ask for much do I lol) How do you attach a flag to it? I see the 1 ringlet at the top of the pole but how does the bottom corner of the flag attach?

Cheers for all the help! We should probs meet up and have a rave up at the festi this year lol we always seem to be on the same wavelength lol

I ordered a 6m one from that website with the super ground stake. Re: fixing the bottom of the flag, assuming it has it's own eyelets, flag bungees are the way to fix it to the pole. (or zip ties, if you're gentle and have something to cut them when you're putting it away.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Franky said:

I'll be raving all over the festival - keep your eye on the Electronica/Dance thread 😉

Ben 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I ordered a 6m one for that website with the super ground stake. Re: fixing the bottom of the flag, assuming it has it's own eyelets, flag bungees are the way to fix it to the pole. (or zip ties, if you're gentle and have something to cut them when you're putting it away.

Ben

Rubber bands also work for attaching the flag, particularly up high where the pole is very thin.

Get on eBay and search for a second hand Roach pole.  One of our group goes fishing so had an old one lying around.  Light, flexible and as long as you want as it's in sections.  We used to camp near a walkway and gaffer tape it to one of the metal posts.

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I ordered a 6m one from that website with the super ground stake. Re: fixing the bottom of the flag, assuming it has it's own eyelets, flag bungees are the way to fix it to the pole. (or zip ties, if you're gentle and have something to cut them when you're putting it away.

Ben

You going to give any warnings about how many flags it can safely handle? 😂

For the flag, I'm giving the Amazon print a flag thing a go. You upload your picture. It's printed and sent to you. I've gone with the double sided printing, and the picture was sorted for us by AI art. I'm waiting for it to turn up now.

27 minutes ago, Fil said:

For the flag, I'm giving the Amazon print a flag thing a go. You upload your picture. It's printed and sent to you. I've gone with the double sided printing, and the picture was sorted for us by AI art. I'm waiting for it to turn up now.

You got the specific link for that please? I could only find single sided prints.

Thanks a bunch 🙂

Edited by Franky

1 hour ago, Franky said:

I've got a Brookite 7m and it's decent (it's the one with the House Bolton flag, dwarfed by the Ralph pole in my previouspost). I use flag bungees for the lower flag and rubber bands for the upper one. Also have one of the large stakes as mentioned by Ben.

Edited by Gnomicide

I had to borrow a Brookite campsite flag last year for EOTR as mine got stolen at Green Man. I’ve replaced it with a Spirit of Air one because I noticed the last section on the Brookite was very flimsy. See pics. 

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9734.jpeg

2 hours ago, Franky said:

I have just oredred all the gear lol 🙂 Thanks all

Personal to our group but ....

Whitton HIl

Where Dream Come True

With some smiley faces all on a red background lol

If the wind blows the wrong way, the writing will be backwards. I may of done the same thing. Not sure, but I may of added BluePig (our camp mascot) at the bottom. So if you see a Bluepig flag with a yellow background and the words ϱiԳɘυlઘ , that's us !

39 minutes ago, Fil said:

If the wind blows the wrong way, the writing will be backwards. I may of done the same thing. Not sure, but I may of added BluePig (our camp mascot) at the bottom. So if you see a Bluepig flag with a yellow background and the words ϱiԳɘυlઘ , that's us !

image.thumb.jpeg.e0915f06a6b7c9509abb03e0b6b77a71.jpeg

Here’s our flags from 2019; usually just fly the top one. Looks the same from both sides. I made it with a plain flag and some acrylic paint. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 12:06 PM, Franky said:

I have just oredred all the gear lol 🙂 Thanks all

Personal to our group but ....

Whitton HIl

Where Dream Come True

With some smiley faces all on a red background lol

Our flag has been delayed. I hope it isn't lost! What would someone else use a flag with a blue pig on for?

9 hours ago, Fil said:

Our flag has been delayed. I hope it isn't lost! What would someone else use a flag with a blue pig on for?

I’ve sent them a message on Amazon. Dunno if that will get answered 🤷‍♂️

Have you done the same?