Pylon Ground

LS-Charlton

I’ve been in Darble for the last 5 festivals with mates camped in Pylon. Mostly because we’ve always had at least some coach arrivals who are keen to drop all their stuff as soon as they’ve gotten in.  Like it around there but must admit I was already thinking of getting a bit closer to the action prior to the new maps and these changes just further cement that decision. Think the changes are a bit of a shame really as found these fields to be a good mix of not too close but not too far out. Only me and my girlfriend going this year and we’re arriving Wednesday morning so going to head for Big Ground. 

Ive always camped in Rivermead or Pylon - looks like we're well out of luck this year. They were both perfect for coach arrivals, which makes it an even stranger decision to make them inaccessible and thus increase the walk. Surely they want to be encouraging greener travel? 

I guess this year we will have to go a bit further in and walk to Bushy! Probably a similar vibe and about the same walk home later on. 

We are coming by coach on the Thursday so am worried about where to camp. Pylon was easy although the 45 min walk back from the naughty corner early hours was a killer!

wonder will there will be space now on thurs morning 🤔

7 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

They were both perfect for coach arrivals, which makes it an even stranger decision to make them inaccessible and thus increase the walk. Surely they want to be encouraging greener travel? 

I think it's partly a compromise because last year there was a big (ish) row about staff camping with volunteer groups that lost a central space, and there's also loads more in dairy ground now. 

13 hours ago, BL1ND T1G3R said:

Yeah I’m a big Pylon fan coming in on the coach - Bushy or Darble now I think 

I've camped Darble in the past and like it. I don't want a mad campsite! Can have all the madness you want elsewhere...but a decent nights sleep is great 😄