Brixton Crush

gfa

4 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Who'd have thought when it happened that the venue would be shut for 16 months. That's taken so long.

2 people died

if anything it was quite quick i think

1 hour ago, gfa said:

2 people died

if anything it was quite quick i think

Manchester Arena was open again within 3 1/2 months compared to that it has taken a long time. The circumstances are obviously different I am just surprised it's taken so long to sort out the management and control issues. 

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Seems like horrible Ticketmaster is the only agency selling tickets for these opening gigs. 

Hopefully it doesn't stay that way. 

It may well stay that way. All AMG venues are Ticketmaster venues

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Manchester Arena was open again within 3 1/2 months compared to that it has taken a long time. The circumstances are obviously different I am just surprised it's taken so long to sort out the management and control issues. 

So many loopholes to go through with reopening from met, lambeth, HSE etc + criminal proceedings

the investigation is still not even closed yet for the criminal side i think

2 hours ago, briddj said:

But they are not Ticketmaster ONLY for ticket sales. 

Some events are. Honestly, it depends on which promoter is running the show that night. Some use DICE, See, G+T, etc... But every show will have most of the tickets being sold through TM

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Some events are. Honestly, it depends on which promoter is running the show that night. Some use DICE, See, G+T, etc... But every show will have most of the tickets being sold through TM

The number that are TM only is a tiny, tiny fraction. 

This is all 5 announced dates at Brixton Academy being TM only. 

Edited by briddj

1 minute ago, briddj said:

The number that are TM only is a tiny, tiny fraction. 

This is all 5 announced dates at Brixton Academy being TM only. 

As I said, it is down to the promoters and the contracts agreed. It's possible that the contracts for these shows have been for TM to be the only ticket agents.

I would not be surprised if this is part of the safety procedures. When other agents are involved on a show night, it can confuse the accuracy of the recorded attendance figures. I would say it is entirely possible that they are TM only shows to eliminate this risk and have a more accurate tally of numbers in the building.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

As I said, it is down to the promoters and the contracts agreed. It's possible that the contracts for these shows have been for TM to be the only ticket agents.

I would not be surprised if this is part of the safety procedures. When other agents are involved on a show night, it can confuse the accuracy of the recorded attendance figures. I would say it is entirely possible that they are TM only shows to eliminate this risk and have a more accurate tally of numbers in the building.

Yeah I get that, my point was I hope it's not going to always be the case, because Ticketmaster is a terrible website to buy tickets on. Especially for the more popular events. 

58 minutes ago, briddj said:

Yeah I get that, my point was I hope it's not going to always be the case, because Ticketmaster is a terrible website to buy tickets on. Especially for the more popular events. 

Fair enough. I'm honestly not sure what I expect going forward. If I had to guess, maybe all the shows this year will be TM events and maybe they'll expand when they are more comfortable and settled in to the security procedures

Isn’t it down to the promoter which agent(s) they use to sell the tickets?  I’m sure that AMG will “encourage” use of TM but it’s up to the promoters. 

I’d presume that for the soft opening shows AMG are promoting it themselves and have obviously gone TM exclusive. When other promoters come in to do other shows it will be up to them 

8 hours ago, K2SO said:

Basically yes.

Given that both AMG and Ticketmaster are owned by Live Nation - it's no surprise that AMG venues prefer TM.

While there's technically "5 dates" for the venue announced overall, there's still not much to use as being indicative of the future as likely all 5 are being run "in-house" rather than external promoters.

The first 2 shows are tribute bands and seem to be reduced capacity test events so the ticketing means nothing. The Editors & Black Keys shows are also coming in soon after which suggests they're also (probably full capacity) test events being run by AMG, or if not AMG directly then in association with some other part of LN.

Edited by incident