Accommodation 1st December on Sale

Avalon_Fields

7 hours ago, BigMarv said:

Absolutely gutted. Had no email about WV or Sticklinch at all, despite having secured tickets and stayed there 2/3 of the last Glastonbury’s. Any idea what the resale situation is with this?

1- Did you take a pic of the "booking complete" page ?

2- in the main sale they're was an issue with see tickets out of date security systems which blocked some bank payments (through no fault of the customer).

3- check your bank as they might have the reference numbers regarding the wv/stick order which you can use as evidence.

Good luck 

Edited by gazzared
Spelling

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

1- Did you take a pic of the "booking complete" page ?

2- in the main sale they're was an issue with see tickets out of date security systems which blocked some bank payments (through no fault of the customer).

3- check your bank as they might have the reference numbers regarding the wv/stick order which you can use as evidence.

Good luck 

I think they mean that they had no idea the sale was happening… Not that they bought accommodation and the transaction has failed… I don’t think they even tried… Could be wrong though. 

Edited by Alvoram

8 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I think they mean that they had no idea the sale was happening… Not that they bought accommodation and the transaction has failed… I don’t think they even tried… Could be wrong though. 

Ah gotcha...I thought they meant no confirmation email 😭

9 hours ago, t0paz said:

I expect a few people accidentally bought more than they need in groups and some will be in the process of cancelling with See now. Some might pop up over the next week as and when that happens. Worth keeping an eye on it.

Agree, we bought bell tents this year in the resale. We probably have one to go back in the pot as it’s very easy to overbook. Previous years  they have just popped back up on the page every now and then as people refund. They must hold a few cancellations back for the April resale

On 12/2/2022 at 11:34 PM, BigMarv said:

Absolutely gutted. Had no email about WV or Sticklinch at all, despite having secured tickets and stayed there 2/3 of the last Glastonbury’s. Any idea what the resale situation is with this?

Everyone with a ticket was emailed about it so maybe it went in to your junk, it’s worth not just relying on that though, and being proactive about when the sale is, as generally always a month after the main sale.

1 hour ago, Jose Pose said:

Everyone with a ticket was emailed about it so maybe it went in to your junk, it’s worth not just relying on that though, and being proactive about when the sale is, as generally always a month after the main sale.

I unfortunately didn't get an email and keep on top of my junk folder regularly. I'm now keeping a regular eye on the Seetickets page and crossing my fingers for any resale(s). Otherwise I'll be looking for tips on where to camp! 😁

Timing question: I have a 4 p tent because that's what I managed to grab but would prefer a 2p . Timing wise, the resale of WV is before the cancellation deadline, historically speaking, am I remembering right? This way I can try for a 2p, keep the 4 if it doesn't work/get the money back if it works? (I know scount tents shouldn't be a problem but wouldn't mind one of the fancier options)

32 minutes ago, moogster said:

Timing question: I have a 4 p tent because that's what I managed to grab but would prefer a 2p . Timing wise, the resale of WV is before the cancellation deadline, historically speaking, am I remembering right? This way I can try for a 2p, keep the 4 if it doesn't work/get the money back if it works? (I know scount tents shouldn't be a problem but wouldn't mind one of the fancier options)

I dunno about the order, but I booked one on resale this year, then later got my preferred option and got a refund on the first one (minus fee) 

5 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I dunno about the order, but I booked one on resale this year, then later got my preferred option and got a refund on the first one (minus fee) 

Thanks, I really don't mind the fee, I had it in mind when confirming payment. As long as the deadline for cancellation is after the resale I don't have to think too much about it / think about resale failure and intensive page checking post resale 🙂 

54 minutes ago, moogster said:

Yes you can cancel till May £25 charge per tent

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

There were loads and loads of tents in the resale this year. Slightly different situation of course as they were bought in 2019, but I would still expect plenty of almost everything in the resale if you want it.

A lot will be accidental double books too... 

7 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

Bit of an idiot question for those in Campervans (because I’m borrowing one, so not that ITK about them) do you put your keys in the lockup by Gate C, hide them somewhere on your van, or keep them with you??

Don’t fancy keeping them on me that’s for sure.

Depends on how many of you in the van and if you all stay together… 

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Not AUTLU? 

As a non lock up user, did I pass some with more notable queues this year? 

We were using the one by the other stage, a lot, never queued at all really, once or twice had to wait for the person in front to finish, but not really a queue as such. 

23 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Not AUTLU? 

As a non lock up user, did I pass some with more notable queues this year? 

Urgh I need a coffee.

Never really had to queue for a lock up really. I think the tricky time is probably sunday eve/monday but with anticipating a bit it's totally fine. Disclaimer though I've never seen or used the lock ups nearer to the campervan fields

I've never used the lock-ups. I keep my keys safe by either putting them in a sealable pocket (Zipper or buttons) or attached to my belt.

This year I also took a spare set of keys just in case, OK I'd have to break in to get them but better than having no keys to drive off on Monday. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

This year I also took a spare set of keys just in case, OK I'd have to break in to get them but better than having no keys to drive off on Monday. 

Very good point! When coming by car we do keep a set (safely attached to something) but leave a spare with the rest of the valuables that stay in lock up until the end (passport, house keys, spare bank pass etc)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, moogster said:

Very good point! When coming by car we do keep a set (safely attached to something) but leave a spare with the rest of the valuables that stay in lock up until the end (passport, house keys, spare bank pass etc)

This is what I did, I kept the spare key, bank cards, I.D, cash, a load of cans of cider / beer and some other bits in a big bag that stayed in the lockup for the entire time. We went back and got some cash and beers out of it each day, but it was checked straight back in. 

Honestly the lock ups are incredible, they do an amazing job... We made sure to tip them well. 

49 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've never used the lock-ups. I keep my keys safe by either putting them in a sealable pocket (Zipper or buttons) or attached to my belt.

Car and Caravan for me... (2 sets of keys for both)

Only take the caravan keys out with me, similarly in a zipped pocket...

11 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Honestly the lock ups are incredible, they do an amazing job... We made sure to tip them well. 

I love the fact they still do everything with paper with a big notebook :). I went to a gig last week where lockers were QR code / email based. Felt a bit robotic and prone to hacking.

• Like 1