2024 Headliners

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this but it must be the latter. Keeping her El Pointo debut for her own set 

Always the chance that she overdid it in Block 9 on Saturday and Elton had to bring TikTok Timmy on board last min

Same thing with Britney Spears and Jackie Waxwork from The Killers

9 hours ago, Drinky said:

This. All of her quotes about the cancelled 2020 festival shows referred to them collectively - she was looking forward to doing The Festivals, including Glastonbury. If they want to get her for next year, Emily will need to convince her of just how exceptional Glastonbury is… it’s a tall order to try and get a bespoke show carved out of what is likely to be one of the all time highest grossing tours.

She did then go on to attend the NME Awards to present Emily Eavis with the Godlike Genius Award - she wouldn't do that for another festival I don't think?

Watch Billy Bragg pay tribute to "kindred spirit" Taylor Swift in  Glastonbury edition of NME Home Sessions

Just now, Amy Lawn said:

Always the chance that she overdid it in Block 9 on Saturday and Elton had to bring TikTok Timmy on board last min

Same thing with Britney Spears and Jackie Waxwork from The Killers

Apparently Sunday night she was posting photos of a meal with her family

https://metro-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/metro.co.uk/2023/06/26/dua-lipa-reveals-why-she-wasnt-with-sir-elton-john-at-glastonbury-19013268/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16879446578650&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fmetro.co.uk%2F2023%2F06%2F26%2Fdua-lipa-reveals-why-she-wasnt-with-sir-elton-john-at-glastonbury-19013268%2F

25 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

I'd rather a Folklore set - but everybody has different opinions, and that's a good thing. Anyway, as said by others I can't see her doing it. She'll rinse the stadiums before touching ANY festivals.

Been saying it all along. She won’t be able to do the eras show on pyramid and if she did I honestly don’t think it would be that well received by the casuals. So basically she would need to be over here with a different setlist and show ready to set up and go one night after playing dublin

Shes playing 2025 and she needs to announce another Dublin date to put this to rest

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

Been saying it all along. She won’t be able to do the eras show on pyramid and if she did I honestly don’t think it would be that well received by the casuals. So basically she would need to be over here with a different setlist and show ready to set up and go one night after playing dublin

Shes playing 2025 and she needs to announce another Dublin date to put this to rest

Or people just need to stop ignoring the obvious that it's not happening.

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

You don't really need the extra Dublin gig to know it's not happening. Ireland dates tend to be the last one's to have additional dates added as they can take a little longer to sell out.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

You don't really need the extra Dublin gig to know it's not happening. Ireland dates tend to be the last one's to have additional dates added as they can take a little longer to sell out.

Tell the entirety of tiktok, twitter and the press that

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Worst case scenario is she adds extra Dublin dates on the Wednesday and Thursday to make it a non-starter for her to do a show on the Sunday as well, but not actually adding a show on the Sunday so the gap still technically exists. 

The absolute tantrums that will happen if she doesn’t have a show on that Sunday and then isn’t on the lineup from all the Swifties who bought Glastonbury tickets especially for her. Would almost love it to happen if it wasn’t gonna lessen my chances of getting tickets. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

The absolute tantrums that will happen if she doesn’t have a show on that Sunday and then isn’t on the lineup from all the Swifties who bought Glastonbury tickets especially for her. Would almost love it to happen if it wasn’t gonna lessen my chances of getting tickets. 

Resale pot could be huge

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Taylor Swift is my all time favourite artist. I love her music, it means a huge amount to me.

Her fanbase is such a f**king nightmare that I find the idea of going to one of her shows actually hellish. I did look out at the Elton crowd and imagined the utter carnage if the same was happening with Swifties.

• Upvote 1

What do we actually know at this point in time?

• If Taylor plays, it can only be Sunday
  • Foo Fighters have a show in the UK on Thursday, then are free the rest of the weekend (wasn't there some talk they had a show in Fri/Sat too?)
  • Emily has said there could be 2 female headliners (https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-could-two-female-headliners-8210274)
    • Is there anywhere Emily has said there will be 2 female headliners?
    • Does anyone have a link to when Emily said they hadn't played before?
    • Headliners could maybe also mean Legend slot, or sub (like Lizzo this year)

Just now, northernringo said:

• Foo Fighters have a show in the UK on Thursday, then are free the rest of the weekend (wasn't there some talk they had a show in Fri/Sat too?)
  • Emily has said there could be 2 female headliners (https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/glastonbury-could-two-female-headliners-8210274)

And that Dua Lipa is as close to a sure thing as you're ever likely to get.

5 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

I wanna see Jack Antonoff go ham and gentle uncle Aaron go mild on the Pyramid

The fear of a Sheeran or Gary Lightbody cameo will linger through the field like a dreary auntie offering some mouldy chocolates. So yes, we’ll have any or all of Mr Antonoff, Mr Dessner or Mr Vernon instead please. 

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Madonna is touring into the early part of next year...

Dua / Foos / ?

Unless Taylor is available (which I doubt she is this year) I can’t see it being 2 female headliners despite what Emily has hinted at, think it’ll be something a long the lines of what Lizzo was this year.

Don’t think Madge will do it, some of the other names floating about don’t really strike me as Pyramid headliners (Pink etc).

1975 could do it, but I think a lot on here seem to have them nailed on as they did with Foals a few years ago before their ship sailed, whether or not it materialises into anything is dependant on whether Emily sees them as a Pyramid headliner which can be hit or miss. It seems logical but could very easily not happen imo.

We really could be looking at Coldplay next year as the third headliner. They get a lot of sh*t but It’s a safe booking.

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The fear of a Sheeran or Gary Lightbody cameo will linger through the field like a dreary auntie offering some mouldy chocolates. So yes, we’ll have any or all of Mr Antonoff, Mr Dessner or Mr Vernon instead please. 

She would never do The Last Time at Glastonbury, it would be such a bizarre setlist choice.

Sheeran tho... You know what I don't necessarily hate it, when we first caught glimpse of the twinkling lights of Glastonbury, excitedly rolling up on the Tuesday night for our first year in 2013, Everything Has Changed was playing on the radio. For me that song is so linked to the memory, I would love to see them play it. But if Sheeran walks out and Future does as well... Ah f**k no. Please. Lord deliver us. Send a lightning bolt, a floor, a meteor, anything.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

Taylor Swift is my all time favourite artist. I love her music, it means a huge amount to me.

Her fanbase is such a f**king nightmare that I find the idea of going to one of her shows actually hellish. I did look out at the Elton crowd and imagined the utter carnage if the same was happening with Swifties.

But, would they have the wherewithal to actually get tickets? Given the announcements happen well after ticket day, are enough of them on the case to buy a ticket on a 'maybe'? Sure, a lot of TS fans are also Glastonbury fans and would be there, but are they the same 'nightmare' ones?

7 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

She would never do The Last Time at Glastonbury, it would be such a bizarre setlist choice.

Sheeran tho... You know what I don't necessarily hate it, when we first caught glimpse of the twinkling lights of Glastonbury, excitedly rolling up on the Tuesday night for our first year in 2013, Everything Has Changed was playing on the radio. For me that song is so linked to the memory, I would love to see them play it. But if Sheeran walks out and Future does as well... Ah f**k no. Please. Lord deliver us. Send a lightning bolt, a floor, a meteor, anything.

Quite. The stuff of nightmares. 

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

But, would they have the wherewithal to actually get tickets? Given the announcements happen well after ticket day, are enough of them on the case to buy a ticket on a 'maybe'? Sure, a lot of TS fans are also Glastonbury fans and would be there, but are they the same 'nightmare' ones?

There is no limit to the lengths Swifties will go to. None whatsoever. 

As a prediction right now I'm going with The 1975, Dua Lipa, Madonna - in that order.

No chance it will be Foos.

Coldplay are very unlikely. I think even they know how ubiquitous they have been and would want their next headline show to be the kind of event that people actually anticipate because it's been so long.