Finsbury Park 2023

gfa

1 minute ago, NWUYC said:

From start to finish at the O2, which admittedly included Taylor Swift playing two songs in the middle, they went on at 8:30 and we were outside the O2 at 11pm after leaving during the last song, so was just under 2.5 hours - would be really really shocked if they didn't play for 2+ hours.

Think it was 130 minutes, give or take, on other nights. That's closer to expectations, but wouldn't be shocked - if they leave the theatrical nature of Being Funny in a Foreign Language, heavy album performance and all to the side - if this is a 105-minute, twenty-one song romp through the hits.

Looking for Somebody (To Love)
Love Me
Me & You Together Song
TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
Part of the Band
6 Oh Caroline
Chocolate
It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
Paris
10 Happiness
11 Robbers
12 If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
13 I'm in Love With You
14 fallingforyou
15 About You
16 I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)
17 Somebody Else
18 Love It If We Made It
19 The Sound
20 Sex
21 Give Yourself a Try

21 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Think it was 130 minutes, give or take, on other nights. That's closer to expectations, but wouldn't be shocked - if they leave the theatrical nature of Being Funny in a Foreign Language, heavy album performance and all to the side - if this is a 105-minute, twenty-one song romp through the hits.

Love Me
Me & You Together Song
TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
Part of the Band
6 Oh Caroline
Chocolate
Paris
10 Happiness
11 Robbers
13 I'm in Love With You
14 fallingforyou
15 About You
17 Somebody Else
18 Love It If We Made It
19 The Sound
20 Sex
21 Give Yourself a Try

I'd love it if it was this setlist tbh - after seeing the arena tour would be great if it was just a proper festival set! The fact it's stil being advertised as "At their very best in show + in concert" says to me it'll be the same set up - the show being the BFIAFL set with Matty eating the meat et al, and the concert being the greatest hits set. Guess time will tell!

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Love Me
Me & You Together Song
TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
Part of the Band
6 Oh Caroline
Chocolate
Paris
10 Happiness
11 Robbers
13 I'm in Love With You
14 fallingforyou
15 About You
17 Somebody Else
18 Love It If We Made It
19 The Sound
20 Sex
21 Give Yourself a Try

Also, they'd defo open with The 1975 (BFIAFL Version)

10 hours ago, NWUYC said:

I'd love it if it was this setlist tbh - after seeing the arena tour would be great if it was just a proper festival set! The fact it's stil being advertised as "At their very best in show + in concert" says to me it'll be the same set up - the show being the BFIAFL set with Matty eating the meat et al, and the concert being the greatest hits set. Guess time will tell!

Yeah, I predict it'll be the full theatrical experience. Still have questions how it many translate to a big open-air show though, even without a frontman who seems keen to stoke self-immolating controversy at every turn.

8 hours ago, NWUYC said:

Also, they'd defo open with The 1975 (BFIAFL Version)

The greatest LCD Soundsystem tribute song of 2022, and a cracker at that too.

12 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Love Me
Me & You Together Song
TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
Part of the Band
6 Oh Caroline
Chocolate
Paris
10 Happiness
11 Robbers
13 I'm in Love With You
14 fallingforyou
15 About You
17 Somebody Else
18 Love It If We Made It
19 The Sound
20 Sex
21 Give Yourself a Try

If you always do 2 hour sets why would you do less than that for your biggest solo gig ever after hiring out an entire park

31 minutes ago, gregory said:

1975 sold the whole thing out in 5 minutes.

No way they could add a second date, right?

Theres no second date to add at Finsbury - its full

9 hours ago, gfa said:

If you always do 2 hour sets why would you do less than that for your biggest solo gig ever after hiring out an entire park

Because they don't always do two-hour sets. If it's more of a celebratory knees-up performance than an arena replication, can see them approaching it with a festival mindset.

9 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Was 400th in the queue and yet didn't manage to get tickets. They clearly massively oversold in pre sale which I really never understand, swear it always used to just be a fairly small percentage rather than almost the whole allocation of shows!

Yeah, this is a bum note. There were so many pre-sale windows though, it felt like it was going to be the way it went.

10 hours ago, gregory said:

1975 sold the whole thing out in 5 minutes.

No way they could add a second date, right?

I mean, I think there's demand for them to do it, but not the calendar space if it's following this format of just a Fri/Sat/Sun arrangement.

Tbf I think they could've booked a bigger place, maybe even one of London's many stadiums all variously offering concert opportunities. But if this works for their requirements.

As said elsewhere, I'm mainly hoping for The Japanese House to return with their own show as that's literally it for this date for what I wanna see.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:45 PM, gfa said:

Selling out St James' park once in his hometown is quite different to managing to do Finsbury i'd say

He's grown quickly and at a steady pace - far smaller is maybe not the word but 1975 had at that time headlined reading once whereas fender was doing smaller slots that summer i guess. neither are small by any means

Sold out SJP twice, Fender, to go with jumping Foals into the bigger headline spot at Reading in its new messy twin-stage format. Whatever his stature currently is, he's certainly got into a bigger spot than I think many expected.

It was quite something to me tbf to think he still did the twice-rescheduled dates with The Killers at the Emirates Stadium then a few weeks later was up the road at Finsbury Park playing to a comparably sized crowd.

21 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, I think there's demand for them to do it, but not the calendar space if it's following this format of just a Fri/Sat/Sun arrangement.

Tbf I think they could've booked a bigger place, maybe even one of London's many stadiums all variously offering concert opportunities. But if this works for their requirements.

As said elsewhere, I'm mainly hoping for The Japanese House to return with their own show as that's literally it for this date for what I wanna see.

I don't think anyone expected this to sell so quick - I knew it would sell out but thought it would at least be a few days

20 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The sheer pace that The 1975 sold out Finsbury - aided by a relatively low price, of course, but still - suggests they may be near the biggest they've ever been as a live draw. Sold-out arena tour backed by a 40,000-capped show going in a flash - that's pretty sturdy figures.

more than 40k pretty sure

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Do wonder how much it could hold when all is said and done?

45k. i should have just said originally haha

council website says it can do 50k though actually - https://www.haringey.gov.uk/libraries-sport-and-leisure/parks-and-open-spaces/events-and-activities/events-parks/large-and-major-events

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Interesting I thought it was likely to do this.

I guess my thinking was the original one didn't in the few weeks-months it was on sale (it definitely went on sale before covid was seriously a thing)

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I guess my thinking was the original one didn't in the few weeks-months it was on sale (it definitely went on sale before covid was seriously a thing)

While that might well be the case for their fame level as it was in 2020, my suspicion was that they've had a pop up in their levels and acclaim for their shows earlier this year will have helped. So I thought this was possible.

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

While that might well be the case for their fame level as it was in 2020, my suspicion was that they've had a pop up in their levels and acclaim for their shows earlier this year will have helped. So I thought this was possible.

I guess yeah - just feels to me like they were already finsbury park sellers then, they were doing the same size tours - all arenas and 2 nights at the o2 then

1 hour ago, theglastokid said:

Any tips on hotels for Pulp on 1st July. Currently looking round and prices are horrendous. Even Travelodge want £200+ a room for one night. Long gone are the glory days of £29 rooms lol

Student halls - https://www.universityrooms.com/en-GB/city/london/home/

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, theglastokid said:

Any tips on hotels for Pulp on 1st July. Currently looking round and prices are horrendous. Even Travelodge want £200+ a room for one night. Long gone are the glory days of £29 rooms lol

Consider getting something on the finsbury park line - i think it goes to hatfield / potters bar way, hotel there will be a 20 min train ride away with no changes and should be normal prices

• Upvote 1