Roskilde 2023

mln

On 3/5/2023 at 6:56 PM, festivalguy97 said:

Well, if Lana cancels we will end up without a headliner or with something much worse. 

Janelle came in 2019 and was a co headliner, I think it's quite early to bring her back again, but I do hope that she comes, I think both her music and live performances are much better than Lizzo and Lana.

Well, Denzel Curry and Christine and the Queens also were on 2019, and they are here again. Rina and Tobias Rahim were last year, and here they are. Janelle is awesome, so I hope they book her if they have the chance. Same thing with Fred Again, he deserve to be here, closing Arena act would be perfect. 

As I said so many times here, we are lacking from strong electronic names. Rufus du Sol were on 2020 poster, and they could be a perfect closing act for Orange

Edited by davidoffescassi

58 minutes ago, davidoffescassi said:

Well, Denzel Curry and Christine and the Queens also were on 2019, and they are here again. Rina and Tobias Rahim were last year, and here they are. Janelle is awesome, so I hope they book her if they have the chance. Same thing with Fred Again, he deserve to be here, closing Arena act would be perfect. 

As I said so many times here, we are lacking from strong electronic names. Rufus du Sol were on 2020 poster, and they could be a perfect closing act for Orange

Rufus du Sol are going to a festival in Malmo in July so it's very unlikely that they will come. 

Fred Again is free on 28th and 29th (according to the public tour dates of his site) so he would be an awesome act to close the Arena, the first day after Kendrick or the second day. The only problem is that he came last year, so I don't know what is Roskilde's policy on booking the same big artist 2 years in a row. 

27 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Rufus du Sol are going to a festival in Malmo in July so it's very unlikely that they will come. 

Fred Again is free on 28th and 29th (according to the public tour dates of his site) so he would be an awesome act to close the Arena, the first day after Kendrick or the second day. The only problem is that he came last year, so I don't know what is Roskilde's policy on booking the same big artist 2 years in a row. 

Well, he wasn't that big last year, so It's not like having a subliner for two years on a row. Fred would make me go to Roskilde this year. Sad news about Rufus

1 hour ago, davidoffescassi said:

Well, he wasn't that big last year, so It's not like having a subliner for two years on a row. Fred would make me go to Roskilde this year. Sad news about Rufus

And I tried to see him but the entrance to the place he was playing was closed because there were already too many people inside. There were thousands of people outside waiting to see him. Hope they bring him again and put him at Arena.

7 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

It looks like Lorde for Sziget. Maybe for Roskilde too?

Why? Sziget is in August…
She only has concerts in August, same with Billie Eilish and Billie Eilish was ruled out.

Wouldn’t surprise me if one of them came tho, however it’s weird that none of the June/July festival have them. Lana seems much more probable because of her Glasto date, same with Lizzo. 

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Why? Sziget is in August…
She only has concerts in August, same with Billie Eilish and Billie Eilish was ruled out.

Wouldn’t surprise me if one of them came tho, however it’s weird that none of the June/July festival have them. Lana seems much more probable because of her Glasto date, same with Lizzo. 

Could always play headline shows in Europe inbetween Roskilde and Sziget.

16 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Could always play headline shows in Europe inbetween Roskilde and Sziget.

2,5 more weeks for the full lineup reveal, I’m pretty sure that it’s something secret that is not touring around or that has very few dates (Lana), if it was Lorde she would’ve been announced already. Same with Billie. Same with Lizzo. Lizzo I think she can still be announced tho, but not as Saturday headliner.

8 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Looking st all these recent announcements; I have a bad feeling its going to be Mumford & Sons and Macklemore... 

well Macklemore has a concert in Copenhagen in May so he’s defiantly not coming but Mumford and Sons, I really pray that it’s not them. And I’m still convinced that Saturday will have a female headliner, so Mumford and Sons could be maximum a sub headliner for Friday or Saturday. 

9 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Looking st all these recent announcements; I have a bad feeling its going to be Mumford & Sons and Macklemore... 

I am very skeptical. Mumford & Sons are playing at Lollapalooza Stockholm on Saturday. So far, so good, but then we have Marcus Mumford who is also booked to do a solo gig at Lollapalooza on Thursday. So Thursday and Saturday are out. Then, as I have a hard time seeing Marcus traveling back and forth between Stockholm and Roskilde, Friday is out too. Then it would have to be Wednesday. However, on Wednesday, Roskilde already has Kendrick Lamar and Queens of the Stone Age as headline material. As I said, I am skeptical. But I could be wrong. Who knows?

Edited by UnBiloTitled

16 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

I am very skeptical. Mumford & Sons are playing at Lollapalooza Stockholm on Saturday. So far, so good, but then we have Marcus Mumford who is also booked to do a solo gig at Lollapalooza on Thursday. So Thursday and Saturday are out. Then, as I have a hard time seeing Marcus traveling back and forth between Stockholm and Roskilde, Friday is out too. Then it would have to be Wednesday. However, on Wednesday, Roskilde already has Kendrick Lamar and Queens of the Stone Age as headline material. As I said, I am skeptical. But I could be wrong. Who knows?

I really hope you’re not wrong. I think Wednesday May have another big name, but nothing super big, could be Stromae or Fred Again or Stormzy, or could be none, I actually thing Kendrick, QOTSA and Fever Rey are quite enough, compared with what they used to have in other year.

14 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Erykah Badu is going to tour Europe next summer. Also read something about Bjork. I’m still convinced that Lana and Lizzo are the last big names, but we should keep an eye on the other names.

Bjork is in my top 3 all time favourite concerts; but would go down like a lead balloon on Orange stage. Would have to be Arena to work and not her current touring setlist. 

48 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Erykah Badu is going to tour Europe next summer. Also read something about Bjork. I’m still convinced that Lana and Lizzo are the last big names, but we should keep an eye on the other names.

Erykah Badu would be a female (sub)headliner I would look forward to.

When you say she tours this summer? I can only find one concert in England 26. August. Pretty far away from Roskilde.

I also think we are getting Lizzo. Propably also Lana, but her live set should be, well, boring and normally Roskilde bookers have a pretty good idea of who performs live and not. 

As Froglobster says - In these days I only think Björk could work on Arena. I'm not even sure I would go see it even though I like a lot from her first 4 records. Lost interest several records ago.

26 minutes ago, jonathansoegaard said:

As Froglobster says - In these days I only think Björk could work on Arena. I'm not even sure I would go see it even though I like a lot from her first 4 records. Lost interest several records ago.

Even though I'm a Bjork Obsessive, her gigs are not really festival friendly. Surprised she's doing Coachella, can't see her doing Roskilde. Although she is only doing Iceland in Scandinavia. 

Seeing her in Poland and France on her tour.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:37 PM, jonathansoegaard said:

Erykah Badu would be a female (sub)headliner I would look forward to.

When you say she tours this summer? I can only find one concert in England 26. August. Pretty far away from Roskilde.

I also think we are getting Lizzo. Propably also Lana, but her live set should be, well, boring and normally Roskilde bookers have a pretty good idea of who performs live and not. 

Agree about Bjork. Erykah Badu I’ve seen she’s going to announce more dates, so let’s see where it’s going to lead us.

Lizzo I think she’s 100% in, the only reason she was not announced before is because she had a concerts some weeks ago in Copenhagen and probably they didn’t want to announce her because of that.

I’ve seen Lana live back in 2019, was a very organized set, people were very hyped but it’s true that her voice was not the best. But I think she’s then she launched couple of good albums, and improved both lyrically and her instrumentals, so let’s see.

Lizzo/Arctic Monkeys or Lizzo/Lana del Rey seems like the most probable duo for Saturday.

Arctic Monkeys have or had concerts in all Scandinavia and Germany but not Denmark, and they are free on Saturday, could see them coming, but it’s true that having Blur and Arctic Monkeys is not something Roskilde would have. 

Billie Eilish totally out. She only had dates in Europe in late August but now she also has date in North America at the begging of the month, so doesn’t seem that she would be going back and forth.

Lana also started to have American dates in August, and with her Glasto date there could be probably a tour in Europe in late June/mid July and then United States.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:01 PM, FrogLobster said:

Does Billie have something against Denmark? The last time she played she hadn't released Bad Guy yet and was at a 1.5k cap venue! Maybe she will do an off-show Arena date in August. 

Heard new album is coming so maybe a tour next year in Denmark. It’s a shame she’s not coming to European festivals in June/July, having Kendrick, Blur and Billie would be a top tier set of headliners. 

On 3/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, UnBiloTitled said:

Maybe Marcus Mumford is staying around on the Friday to enjoy the acts