Download 2024

FeverDream

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

They sell out lots of dates when they do arena tours in the UK. I'm sure if they brought the likes of Korn or Deftones, plus alot of good support bands like Behemoth and Jinjer, that they'd sell a Knotfest UK really well. It's what they do at other Knotfest dates. It's all speculation anyway until we see some announcements. 

There's loads of bands who've played Download over the last two years who would love to do a Knotfest show. If it's a two day thing have Slipknot on one day then either BMTH or Parkway Drive headline the other (both definitely doing Euro Fests). Megadeth also doing Eurofests and did DL '22 Skindred could be there.

Korn and Deftones both possible (although I'm not expecting Deftones anywhere in summer). Perturbator and/or Carpenter Brut could do some post headliner shows. 

If Pantera were truly dropped from DL '23 then a Knotfest sub slot would be a good booking. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, OKMess said:

There's loads of bands who've played Download over the last two years who would love to do a Knotfest show. If it's a two day thing have Slipknot on one day then either BMTH or Parkway Drive headline the other (both definitely doing Euro Fests). Megadeth also doing Eurofests and did DL '22 Skindred could be there.

Korn and Deftones both possible (although I'm not expecting Deftones anywhere in summer). Perturbator and/or Carpenter Brut could do some post headliner shows. 

If Pantera were truly dropped from DL '23 then a Knotfest sub slot would be a good booking. 

I can see Pantera being at Download if they were dropped because they were offered a main sub or 2nd stage headliner slot for next year instead of the 3rd on main for this year they'd have had instead. 

8 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

I can see Pantera being at Download if they were dropped because they were offered a main sub or 2nd stage headliner slot for next year instead of the 3rd on main for this year they'd have had instead. 

IIRC Euro Fests generally got itchy feet about booking White Power Phil. I also remember someone mentioning they were meant to play below Parkway all along so... 

4 minutes ago, OKMess said:

IIRC Euro Fests generally got itchy feet about booking White Power Phil. I also remember someone mentioning they were meant to play below Parkway all along so... 

It was just Rock Am Ring/Im Park in Germany and Gasometer festival in Austria that had issues with them. Everywhere else they played was fine with them including Hellfest in France.

3 minutes ago, OKMess said:

And seemingly Download. 

They were never officially announced and we don't know whether they chose to leave the lineup because they were given a better slot next year or Download dropped them purely because of not wanting any negativity for the 20th anniversary. And this is if they were even actually booked at all. 

1 hour ago, Andburn said:

Green Day are flying to Europe this weekend (France gig announced) might be for a big festival tour reveal. Probably not.  But timings fit. 

Announcing tour on 2nd November, Download announcing 7th, so very unlikely GD are playing Download. I think there's a very small chance they play Glastonbury, a good chance of a UK arena tour, a very good chance of stadium shows and a very, very good chance of them doing BST. 

On 10/29/2023 at 12:58 AM, northernangel said:

Slipknot aren't going to sell out two outdoor shows two years running. This years Download sold out because it was 20th anniversary, Slipknot have never sold out day tickets at Download before.

Knotfest was on the back of Download 2019 and a sold out UK tour in January 2020. They announced it just after that tour, and the world shut down not long after. I don't think you can make any judgements on it. I think that the demand would be there for them to do one now.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:08 PM, Spiral_Low said:

Would make total sense. If it really is AX7 / FOB / QOTSA I won't be going, so hopefully ArcTanGent or a Knotfest UK offer a good alternative.

Would you go if you knew that 2 of Machine Head, Pantera and 5FDP were headlining second against QOTSA and FOB?

1 hour ago, RedJosh said:

Would you go if you knew that 2 of Machine Head, Pantera and 5FDP were headlining second against QOTSA and FOB?

Machine Head are one of my favourite bands. But FFDP I find ok at best, don't really get the hype. Pantera I stopped listening too after the white power stuff, and tbh looking back the use of the Confederate flag was not cool. 

So no I wouldn't but I doubt Download would clash them anyway. Everyone expects no or minimum clash and if they publicly announced they were gonna clash headline again it would feel like they were admitting their main stage headliners were weak and I don't see them doing that. 

18 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Would be rather damning for Download if that's the case. Copping needs to drop his opposition to bands doing their own shows as well as Download. Could also have Foo Fighters if he did. 

It has happened in the past. European festivals get a bunch of acts download goers have been asking for for years like Foo Fighters, Green Day etc and then Download gets stuck with something like Kiss, Biffy Clyro or Maiden for the 6th time or something. 

Even though we're apparently getting new headliners next year in the form of Fall Out Boy and Queens of The Stone Age they're both bands I've not seen anyone really asking for to headline.

Don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing their merch at Download either.

I agree Copping needs to drop the bands can't do tours during X amount of time around Download rule as it would significantly widen the headliner pool and make Download better value.

Also odd we're seemingly not getting any big headliners next year either.

• Upvote 1