Download 2024

FeverDream

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Don't see a Knotfest, this year instead of Download was the time.

Slipknot played Download 2019 then had a Knotfest booked in for 2020 that was cancelled cuz of COVID. This year was Downloads 20th anniversary and it was a huge deal, of course Slipknot wanted to play it. Now that's done I would expect at least talks of a Knotfest UK to have happened, given that they do it in other European countries (as well as around the world). 

9 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Because A7X were bumped to headliner before doing the kind of tours and headline shows you say Korn need to do. 

Korn are much bigger than any of the Bloodstock headliners this year, last year or next year. Though they did have Judas Priest before that tbf. 

edit: never mind, completely misread. My apologies!

Edited by strudd3rs

11 hours ago, RedJosh said:

100%. Slipknot were poor on that tour in 2015 and again the following year in 2016. That's why Download 2019 was soo good as it was a true return to form for them.

Was it? I thought they were dull in 2019. 

Perhaps I’m being unfair because I saw them headline for the first time in 09 when they were hungry for it & full of energy, but every time since I’ve just felt something is missing. 

In an unexpected bout of randomness and coincidence, in the last week Chevelle and Rob Flynn have love emoji'd posts on FB I made 3 years ago. One asking for a UK tour and the other after meeting him after a gig in the Cathoose. Me being such a massive social meeja presence and all that, they've obviously decided that I'm their new conduit to announce their appearances at Download :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devilman said:

In an unexpected bout of randomness and coincidence, in the last week Chevelle and Rob Flynn have love emoji'd posts on FB I made 3 years ago. One asking for a UK tour and the other after meeting him after a gig in the Cathoose. Me being such a massive social meeja presence and all that, they've obviously decided that I'm their new conduit to announce their appearances at Download 🙂

Machine Head a good start for me, @Andre91gave us the heads up.

On 10/26/2023 at 8:01 AM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Was it? I thought they were dull in 2019. 

Perhaps I’m being unfair because I saw them headline for the first time in 09 when they were hungry for it & full of energy, but every time since I’ve just felt something is missing. 

Everyone I know who went in 09 or I have heard comment on it has said the same. I think popular opinion is 2019 was their second best Download headline set (I have seen 3 - 13, 19 and 23), but still doesn't compete with 2009.

On 10/25/2023 at 9:04 PM, Spiral_Low said:

Slipknot played Download 2019 then had a Knotfest booked in for 2020 that was cancelled cuz of COVID. This year was Downloads 20th anniversary and it was a huge deal, of course Slipknot wanted to play it. Now that's done I would expect at least talks of a Knotfest UK to have happened, given that they do it in other European countries (as well as around the world). 

Pretty sure in 2022 when Corey let slip they'd be playing in '23 his wife let slip they were working on a Knotfest UK for 2024. 

47 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

Pretty sure in 2022 when Corey let slip they'd be playing in '23 his wife let slip they were working on a Knotfest UK for 2024. 

Would make total sense. If it really is AX7 / FOB / QOTSA I won't be going, so hopefully ArcTanGent or a Knotfest UK offer a good alternative. Also hopefully those 2 don't clash like they would of in 2020! 

15 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

I wonder if Electric Callboy have got a big slot at Download next year, apparently they ain’t doing Trees.

Nah they headlined a tent this year so won't be back next year. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

4 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Would make total sense. If it really is AX7 / FOB / QOTSA I won't be going, so hopefully ArcTanGent or a Knotfest UK offer a good alternative. Also hopefully those 2 don't clash like they would of in 2020! 

Nah they headlined a tent this year so won't be back next year. 

If that is who the headliners are then Download can't afford for it to clash. I would need The Offspring and Avril on the FOB day, if they separate them it then becomes too stale for the money. I can go and see FOB and Offspring on tour for the day ticket. If they have got Avril though, she isn't fitting underneath QOTSA and definitely not A7X. The same would be said for The Offspring. There is no point in even thinking like Reading of putting a Blink type act headlining second on a different day because they don't clash second and main headliners now. The ultimate would be FOB, The Offspring and Avril with Sum 41 headlining second stage in between.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

If that is who the headliners are then Download can't afford for it to clash. I would need The Offspring and Avril on the FOB day, if they separate them it then becomes too stale for the money. I can go and see FOB and Offspring on tour for the day ticket. If they have got Avril though, she isn't fitting underneath QOTSA and definitely not A7X. The same would be said for The Offspring. There is no point in even thinking like Reading of putting a Blink type act headlining second on a different day because they don't clash second and main headliners now. The ultimate would be FOB, The Offspring and Avril with Sum 41 headlining second stage in between.

I mean ArcTanGent and Knotfest clashing, as they were due to be on the same weekend in 2020.

Knotfest would be late July or August if it's on. It would be Livenation same as Download hence why I mentioned it, cuz they'd want to sell both obviously. 

13 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I mean ArcTanGent and Knotfest clashing, as they were due to be on the same weekend in 2020.

Knotfest would be late July or August if it's on. It would be Livenation same as Download hence why I mentioned it, cuz they'd want to sell both obviously. 

Ah I see. Personally I don't see Slipknot doing Knotfest nextyear. Yes they are a huge band but they have just done a big outdoor show at Download, they aren't known for their big outdoor dates here and I don't think they would sell it. I don't think it sold greatly last time they tried. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Ah I see. Personally I don't see Slipknot doing Knotfest nextyear. Yes they are a huge band but they have just done a big outdoor show at Download, they aren't known for their big outdoor dates here and I don't think they would sell it. I don't think it sold greatly last time they tried. 

They hadn't announced any bands for it when they last tried doing a Knotfest UK before it got cancelled due to covid

28 minutes ago, Marka23 said:

They hadn't announced any bands for it when they last tried doing a Knotfest UK before it got cancelled due to covid

Slipknot aren't going to sell out two outdoor shows two years running. This years Download sold out because it was 20th anniversary, Slipknot have never sold out day tickets at Download before.

Avril Lavigne is very nostalgic for anyone who was young around 2002-2005. I would buy a day ticket if she was playing. I haven't listened to her new album but when I hear her voice it makes me think of my childhood. I can remember my older sister having her CD.

I can understand if older people dislike her as older people may not remember her through such nostalgia tinted glasses.

Edited by markopaddy

9 hours ago, Marka23 said:

Aye I know I wasn't the only one waiting to see the line up before I got a ticket. 

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

Slipknot aren't going to sell out two outdoor shows two years running. This years Download sold out because it was 20th anniversary, Slipknot have never sold out day tickets at Download before.

I take it you're not a fan? 

37 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I'm a Slipknot fan yes, but I'm also realistic with what they will sell as their own shows. Just because I question what a band will be able to do doesn't stop me being a fan.

They sell out lots of dates when they do arena tours in the UK. I'm sure if they brought the likes of Korn or Deftones, plus alot of good support bands like Behemoth and Jinjer, that they'd sell a Knotfest UK really well. It's what they do at other Knotfest dates. It's all speculation anyway until we see some announcements.