2024 Festival

Chad888

More than that it’s the choice, I’m looking at the headliners at each stage for each night and it’s crazy.

Haven’t had to choose like that since 2019… and I know Benj bangs on about it but it’ really is so important. Rather than having a default headliner, you’ve got 2/3/4 every night you actually want to see. That’s what makes a festival so special.

Blink, TDCC, Prodigy, Neck Deep…

Last year you’d be laughing if they were on the same day, now you might be picking between them

Edited by gblock

2 minutes ago, gblock said:

More than that it’s the choice, I’m looking at the headliners at each stage for each night and it’s crazy.

Haven’t had to choose like that since 2019… and I know Benj bangs on about it but it’ really is so important. Rather than having a default headliner, you’ve got 2/3/4 every night you actually want to see. That’s what makes a festival so special.

Blink, TDCC, Prodigy, Neck Deep…

Last year you’d be laughing if they were on the same day, now you might be picking between them

Well TDCC aren't headlining, and Neck Deep will surely finish before Blink start. Will be interesting to see whether The Prodigy will clash, mind.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Well TDCC aren't headlining, and Neck Deep will surely finish before Blink start. Will be interesting to see whether The Prodigy will clash, mind.

Sure but still, the choice is so much better this year, Jorja Smith & Prodigy will probably clash with Blink, that’s insane compared to 2023

I’ve just put on The Last Dinner Party album quickly whilst I eat breakfast and , to circle back to a conversation from yesterday (or the day before?), they sound nothing like Wet Leg 😂 they’re way more grand sounding. 

Edited by Andre91

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just put on The Last Dinner Party album quickly whilst I eat breakfast and , to circle back to a conversation from yesterday (or the day before?), they sound nothing like Wet Leg 😂 they’re way more grand sounding. 

Haven’t seen the prior conversation but aren’t the comparisons usually due to their trajectory and acclaim off the back of one single moreso than their actual sound?

Not heard the album yet but seems to be getting raves, even moreso they Leg’s debut.

7 hours ago, northernangel said:

Someone has to clash. The only other option is that Chevron finishes before the main stage does. If it wasn't a clash I'm all over but I'm not choosing between them given The Prodigy look like they've not got Glastonbury.

I think you may be in a minority lol. Headliners and The Prodigy yes but there is top much of trying to attract top many different crowds.

I do worry theres not much in the day

i can’t remember what day each headliner is but it looks to me that theres a very strong headline choice each day.

iirc - eg for a dance fan you’ve got prodigy skrillex then fred is the saturday?

ive had two mates overnight since my post send me the lineup complimenting it. this should sell (i think?)

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Haven’t seen the prior conversation but aren’t the comparisons usually due to their trajectory and acclaim off the back of one single moreso than their actual sound?

If it's me making that point the other day, then yes. Sound-wise, not so much, but the trajectory and booking offers they're getting. I'm frankly surprised they're not actually higher. Reckon they'll have some meaty slots in 2025 on smaller bills.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Not heard the album yet but seems to be getting raves, even moreso they Leg’s debut.

Nah some weirdo tried to claim that TLDP are a copycat of Wet Leg and that's why they're being pushed. They said 'they listen to a huge amount of female indie' as well so they clearly know what they're talking about.

Mates all think its great but won't go to Reading

One who would go has already booked Truck lol

Too little too late for our lot, will keep an eye out for cheap tickets i guess

---

Big ask but could someone throw together a clashfinder 🙂 

5 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Really hoping we get an NME article today

Kind of comment you'd find in the Reading 2005 Lineup Thread

Jokes aside - why?

Just looking at the conversation regarding clashes. I think looking at the 'genres' of each artist, I think Chevron headliner will be on the same time as the sub-headliner and 4th stage headliner. Main stage headliner will clash with Radio 1 stage.

Would make sense to me given that way you would have (for eg) The Prodigy clashing with Gerry Cinnamon, The Wombats against Fred Again etc.

1 minute ago, 49Lawson said:

Just looking at the conversation regarding clashes. I think looking at the 'genres' of each artist, I think Chevron headliner will be on the same time as the sub-headliner and 4th stage headliner. Main stage headliner will clash with Radio 1 stage.

Would make sense to me given that way you would have (for eg) The Prodigy clashing with Gerry Cinnamon, The Wombats against Fred Again etc.

Yeah definitely think this is possible.

Confidence Man - 2DCC / Gerry / Prodigy

Fontaines - Overmono - Barry Can't Swim - Fred Again..

Pendulum - Catfish - LG

Not going to lie this is cracking for my taste. Have mostly left the undercard, not too many i names i know (main saturday is good) but bet i could find some decent stuff. At £200 this would be insane

Fun having a dancier day in the middle too. Number of 16 year olds off their nut on MD on that saturday is going to be crazy. if its hot going to need a lot of medics at hand i reckon

Must say the lineup really shows how popular (tiktok) dance music is at the moment.

They have essentially swapped the Dance Tent and the R1 Tent

I reckon the Chevron could be a hanger type thing potentially - if its outdoors hopefully its not a dull stage design

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah some weirdo tried to claim that TLDP are a copycat of Wet Leg and that's why they're being pushed. They said 'they listen to a huge amount of female indie' as well so they clearly know what they're talking about.

I’m sorry if you don’t think Sinner and Nothing Matters sounds like Wet Leg songs you’re clinically deaf

Yes, they’re not identical obv, they have different singers, different production, if you can’t see the similarities in song structure, themes etc, then you’re mad!

And yes I listen to loads of female indie, inc Wet Leg and TLDP. Of them theyre the only two I would say are similar…

It’s not some barbed criticism, I like both

Edited by Benj

14 minutes ago, Benj said:

I’m sorry if you don’t think Sinner and Nothing Matters sounds like Wet Leg songs you’re clinically deaf

Yes, they’re not identical obv, they have different singers, different production, if you can’t see the similarities in song structure, themes etc, then you’re mad!

And yes I listen to loads of female indie, inc Wet Leg and TLDP. Of them theyre the only two I would say are similar…

It’s not some barbed criticism, I like both

ok bro

1 minute ago, Trnsmt12311 said:

Find it interesting in kenny beats they’ve decided to mention about him bringing out special guests. This is an example of a show he did in London which he brought out guests 

9AB69FC3-47AE-4A0D-AEC5-07CCC75A7296.png

6BA0502B-B9E1-4AE9-82D7-D9EB0799C4FC.jpeg

He didn’t bring out any guests for his coachella set, but it looked electric atmosphere 

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

ok bro

Great response bro 👍🏼

You obviously don’t listen to enough music by women to be able to determine similarities and differences between them. What a horrible misogynist /s

“But one is post punk and the other 70s. baroque pop” 🥱.

It doesn’t mean they can’t be similar.

Saying they were Kate Bush copyist would be a fair more lazy comparison if it was about the sound…

If you want to be cynical about their existence, the fact they’ve popped up right after Kate Bush got massive with Gen Z AND Wet Leg got big would deffo be an 🤔moment for the haters…

I couldn’t give a flying f**k if they’re an industry plant, plucked form the best performers in the Kate Bush does Wet Leg touring tribute show.

All that matters is whether you like it all not, you don’t need to protect what you like from the barbs of others. f**k them…

13 minutes ago, Trnsmt12311 said:

Find it interesting in kenny beats they’ve decided to mention about him bringing out special guests. This is an example of a show he did in London which he brought out guests 

9AB69FC3-47AE-4A0D-AEC5-07CCC75A7296.png

6BA0502B-B9E1-4AE9-82D7-D9EB0799C4FC.jpeg

This is quite the list of guests

19 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

ok bro

This was such a dumb response to an argument you clearly have in the bag

Wet Leg and TLDP is like comparing The Wombats to Royal Blood

Broadly similar genre but complete different ends of it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

This was such a dumb response to an argument you clearly have in the bag

Wet Leg and TLDP is like comparing The Wombats to Royal Blood

Broadly similar genre but complete different ends of it

I already made that point when I originally replied to him.

On 1/31/2024 at 9:49 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They're completely different in sound other than being in the wider genre of indie music. Wet Leg are way more post-punky, TLDP are much more glam rock in sound.

The guy goes round in circles making the same point over and over and I've made the mistake of engaging with him before. It's a tedious talking point and I don't have anything else to say other than they don't sound anything alike.

To  suggest they've built their sound off of Wet Leg and that's why they've found their success is just a weird point to make.