2024 Festival

Chad888

Gerry Cinnamon is such a dog sh*t booking that it makes Imagine Dragons seem inspired. He’s released nothing since subbing last time and has 1.7m monthly listeners (can’t believe I’m using that metric). Surely not enough people care about him that much for him to take up a headline slot? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

WHO THE HELL IS DANNY MIRFIELD

Brother believe me we've been trying to find out, apparently he played this year midnight until 3am on Sunday but Google gives us nothing at all 🤣

As for Gerry I'm definitely going with last minute Prodigy replacement since Keese was 3/3 otherwise 

Untitled.png

Edited by BenG92

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

How anyone would think Fred would be on that top line and Lana not, I do not know. Insane. 

Not really that insane when Fred sold 50,000 London tickets in a matter of minutes. They've seriously got 4 headliners this year and one of them's taking a dip (probably Lana)

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

How anyone would think Fred would be on that top line and Lana not, I do not know. Insane. 

Because he’ll pull one of the biggest, hypest crowds of the weekend and not a lifeless crowd half the size full of people feeling sad in their late 20s whilst all of the kids go and watch something else more relevant to them elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Because he’ll pull one of the biggest, hypest crowds of the weekend and not a lifeless crowd half the size full of people feeling sad in their late 20s whilst all of the kids go and watch something else more relevant to them elsewhere. 

I was at Lana's Hyde park show, there was a hell of a lot of under 20's there, in the fact the gate I was working on the average age coming through was around the mid teens mark, she's become big with the "tiktok" generation 

So they've booked 3 2021 headliners 3 years later. It's not so much bad as much as almost says we have nothing better than to repeat it.

Getting Lana to play MSW is pretty massive.  I'd probably attend all 3 headliners but doubt I'll like enough below them....plus I'm not camping.

Edited by northernangel

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

So they've booked 3 2021 headliners 3 years later. It's not so much bad as much as almost says we have nothing better than to repeat it.

Two, Gerry was a sub (and feels like a last minute stand-in this time, or at the very least a cheap option to pay for Lana)

Had a go at putting some positions together and added a few future names in. Any suggestions or feedback? 

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / Skrillex 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / Tom Grennan* / ??? 

MSE: Lana Del Rey / Two Door Cinema Club* / PinkPantheress*

MSW: Liam Gallagher / IDLES* / Digga D 

MSE: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD* / A Day To Remember*

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / The Wombats* / ??? 

Edited by Andre91

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Had a go at putting some positions together and added a few future names in. Any suggestions or feedback? 

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / Skrillex 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / Tom Grennan* / ??? 

MSE: Lana Del Rey / Two Door Cinema Club* / PinkPantheress*

MSW: Liam Gallagher / IDLES* / Digga D 

MSE: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD* / A Day To Remember*

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / The Wombats* / ??? 

Have you got any inside info the ADTR are playing?

Just now, Keese46uk said:

Have you got any inside info the ADTR are playing?

I heard weeks back that Spiritbox and ADTR were touring Europe in August. It came from someone who translated an interview with the organiser of Resurrection Festival in Spain 🙂 Spiritbox was true so I’m expecting ADTR too. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

I heard weeks back that Spiritbox and ADTR were touring Europe in August. It came from someone who translated an interview with the organiser of Resurrection Festival in Spain 🙂 Spiritbox was true so I’m expecting ADTR too. 

You just know they will put them on another day to Blink to try and shift more tickets and infuriate me lol

Just now, Keese46uk said:

You just know they will put them on another day to Blink to try and shift more tickets and infuriate me lol

I really hope not. I hope the Blink day is somewhat catered to rock fans, like the Foos day in 2019. It’s been heavily hinted on here by someone that YUNGBLUD is playing so I assume he will be subbing Blink. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Didn't ADTR sub last time they played? Also doing Homecoming in full at WWWY, so possibly doing the same. If that's the case, surely they're second down on either stage and no lower? 

HOMESICK, you fool! I kid 🤣 that’s one of my favourite albums ever so I’d be over the moon with that but R&L isn’t the place for them to do that. They did sub last time but they’ve had a really, really duff album come out since then and have been really quiet so I wouldn’t be too shocked to see them drop to third down. I think they’d play a normal set at the festival and then come back over winter 2024 to do a Homesick anniversary tour. 

Edited by Andre91