2024 Festival

Chad888

11 hours ago, cinnamoncola said:

If Liam headlines, day tickets for when he plays will surely sell out super fast. His tour for next year sold out in minutes. That were over 250k tickets and yet so many people still missed out! The demand for him is huge and he is really popular with both young and older audiences 

This often just doesn't happen in practice e.g. 1975 booked late this year, didn't sell out alongside the Killers then sell out a huge tour with 4 nights at the o2 weeks later

Not all but the vast majority of older LG fans will not want to camp at any festival, let alone R&L's warzone campsite - and if you don't live nearby a day ticket is less tempting

14 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't necessarily disagree with any of the names there, but it'd be kinda wild if Fred Again was the only act that hasn't been around for nearly two decades.

Good point - seems very unlikely when you put it like that

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I have been told...

R/Fri & L/Sat.. Post Malone x Catfish & the Bottlemen

R/Sat & L/Sun.. Blink 182 x Fred Again..

R/Sun & L/Sun.. Eminem x Paramore

I would take with a pinch of salt as it was told to a friend in the industry by somebody else in the industry who had heard.. so literally a friend of an acquaintance of a friend.

This would sell very well

3 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

I still think the headliners being thrown around are too big. This is R&L. Fender, Capaldi, Foals and Imagine Dragons were booked last year. Halsey and Megan Thee Stallion the year before. Disclosure and Catfish the year before that. Also just realised that The 1975 have headlined 3 of the last 4 festivals which is laughable. 

There are going to be at least two weak headliners, and I don't class Fred Again.. as a weak one.

Gerry Cinnamon, Enter Shikari, Bastille, Doja Cat, Yungblud, Wizkid, Charli XCX, Two Door Cinema Club, Courteeners - I can see a couple of those being headliners. 

Also, The Libertines should 100% be in the conversation. 

Imagine Dragons was a big MSW last year regardless of whether they are any good or not - they are a stadium rock band essentially

Fred Again isn't a weak headliner obviously but half those names you posted would do well to get MSE sub let alone MSW headline

Libertines, Enter Shikari, Bastille, Charli XCX and Two Door have 0 chance of headlining even as weak ones (arguably Courteeners too due to regional divide)

I do agree some of these lineups seem very strong.

5 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I have been told...

R/Fri & L/Sat.. Post Malone x Catfish & the Bottlemen

R/Sat & L/Sun.. Blink 182 x Fred Again..

R/Sun & L/Sun.. Eminem x Paramore

I would take with a pinch of salt as it was told to a friend in the industry by somebody else in the industry who had heard.. so literally a friend of an acquaintance of a friend.

Praying your wrong about Friday cause that i think that is proper weak based on being a repeat visitor, everyone else on the line-up has not been there for ages and those two are only a couple years old and catfish seems weak if they ain't even got the original line up + post Malone will probably play an identical set to last time as none of his new tracks have really taken off like they used to

2 hours ago, FeverDream said:

If we do get both Blink and Paramore I hope to God they’re on the same day but historically speaking R&L don’t care much about the punter and will do anything into forcing people to buy weekend tickets. Proper stinks.

Not to make excuses for them but If I was a weekend punter I’d not want them in the same day and I like both of them.

Genre days with at a supposedly genre agnostic festival with no second stage, would be terrible for the punter 

1 hour ago, Gejonimo said:

I still think the headliners being thrown around are too big. This is R&L. Fender, Capaldi, Foals and Imagine Dragons were booked last year. Halsey and Megan Thee Stallion the year before. Disclosure and Catfish the year before that. Also just realised that The 1975 have headlined 3 of the last 4 festivals which is laughable. 

There are going to be at least two weak headliners, and I don't class Fred Again.. as a weak one.

Gerry Cinnamon, Enter Shikari, Bastille, Doja Cat, Yungblud, Wizkid, Charli XCX, Two Door Cinema Club, Courteeners - I can see a couple of those being headliners. 

Also, The Libertines should 100% be in the conversation. 

You need to remember what happened with ticket sales last year…

They can’t afford another half full Leeds festival

35 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Wouldn't get him in a month of Sundays, and he's somewhat flaky when it comes to sticking to dates. But The Weeknd would be very much a fine example of the stronger end of the headline spectrum when it comes to pop-leaning shouts.

He would arguably be the biggest booking they could possibly make. 

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Wouldn't get him in a month of Sundays, and he's somewhat flaky when it comes to sticking to dates. But The Weeknd would be very much a fine example of the stronger end of the headline spectrum when it comes to pop-leaning shouts.

0 chance. He’s way too big. Too much money to be made elsewhere. 

On 11/15/2023 at 8:09 AM, FeverDream said:

If we do get both Blink and Paramore I hope to God they’re on the same day but historically speaking R&L don’t care much about the punter and will do anything into forcing people to buy weekend tickets. Proper stinks.

Well I felt Killers and Foals same day would've been enough to convince me to go last year, but they were split and the bill for their individual days didn't do enough for me. So yeah, it seems like they're taking a "everyone listens to everything" jukebox mentality forgetting that in days of yore, they did have main stage theme days that worked for day tix.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:00 AM, Crews1 said:

Taylor Swift/Paramore have added two more Wembley dates for the Monday + Tuesday of the festival week. This has to make Paramore a little more likely, right?

I go back & forth. They're around, have a few hits that would work for an R&L crowd and would be a solid MSW headliner, maybe MSE if they're feeling risky. But they're doing 50-odd concerts in 4 months of constant European touring and even though their sets supporting Swiftie won't be the full 90 min-2hr set, I can imagine by the end of that run they'd just wanna go home. Especially if there's a risk of a long schedule making band members unwell as happened on their US tour this year.

And I say this as someone annoyed they missed Paramore's UK shows in April and wants to see them, but doesn't know enough Taylor Swift to justify trying to join the hordes clamouring for tickets there.

On 11/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, gfa said:

Depends how good your debut is / how sh*t the rest of your music is.

The Strokes play Is This It in near full every night because its full of tunes.

On the other end Two Door play Tourist History near in full every night because the rest of their albums stink beyond the singles

Is it even just debuts? I've seen in full performances of Dookie and Origin of Symmetry before.

Granted I also saw an in-full of Silent Alarm, which was a debut, although Bloc Party played it the wrong way round (so Like Eating Glass closed the main set).

Probs way off but thought I’d give it a go: 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / Chase & Status 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / Pendulum / Blossoms 

MSE: Eminem / Aitch / Ice Spice 

MSW: Paramore / The Wombats / Ashnikko

MSE: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / A Day To Remember 

MSW: Fred again.. / Lil Yachty / IDLES 

Edited by Andre91

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Probs way off but thought I’d give it a go: 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / Chase & Status 

MSW: Catfish & The Bottlemen / Pendulum / Blossoms 

MSE: Eminem / Aitch / Ice Spice 

MSW: Paramore / The Wombats / Ashnikko

MSE: Blink-182 / YUNGBLUD / A Day To Remember 

MSW: Fred again.. / Lil Yachty / IDLES 

Are you on crack

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well I felt Killers and Foals same day would've been enough to convince me to go last year, but they were split and the bill for their individual days didn't do enough for me. So yeah, it seems like they're taking a "everyone listens to everything" jukebox mentality forgetting that in days of yore, they did have main stage theme days that worked for day tix.

In days of yore they had a second stage so people who didn't like the theming had something else to see...

The entire Fred Again.. discussion is based on him to date.

He subbed the 2nd stage at Glastonbury at his careers highest point this year.

This was below Wizkid, Lana Del Rey, and QOTSA who are all MSW headliners.

It was alongside Central Cee who is MSE sub.

It was above Becky Hill and Chvrches who are both MSW subs.

We are all doing it again, bumping up acts to outright headliner based on what we like, and what people around us over expose us too. Plus the absolute defeatist British attitude of "the festival books sh*t anyway, this is the best we can get to headline. Fred Again, Avril Lavigne, Yungblud are this years 3".

If he played this year, he would sub the MSE. At his current trajectory, he will head the MSW.

Edited by Chad888