2024 Festival

Chad888

r24predictionz.thumb.png.43925be49eb32b55a84047440c82f0c4.png

• Fred on MSE because the festival loves trending British golden boys (Sam Fender 2023, Dave 2022, Stormzy 2021)
  • Green Day because there were heavy rumours for 2023. Think its plausible they decided to wait until 2024 after an album drop and anniversaries of American idiot/Dookie
  • Post Malone because we know how much they love having the same headliner every year.
  • Kasabian because the festival loves its British indie-rock - could also be Courteeners/Royal Blood/Florence
  • Olivia Rodrigo because she'd be massively popular and they'll have at least 1 female headliner - could also be SZA/Doja Cat/Lizzo/Lana (Dua Lipa will probably do Glastonbury and Paramore are already touring)
  • Playboi Carti - I'd say Travis Scott but he'd be much more expensive and a risk I don't think the festival will take
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, p0sterb0y said:

r24predictionz.thumb.png.43925be49eb32b55a84047440c82f0c4.png

• Fred on MSE because the festival loves trending British golden boys (Sam Fender 2023, Dave 2022, Stormzy 2021)
  • Green Day because there were heavy rumours for 2023. Think its plausible they decided to wait until 2024 after an album drop and anniversaries of American idiot/Dookie
  • Post Malone because we know how much they love having the same headliner every year.
  • Kasabian because the festival loves its British indie-rock - could also be Courteeners/Royal Blood/Florence
  • Olivia Rodrigo because she'd be massively popular and they'll have at least 1 female headliner - could also be SZA/Doja Cat/Lizzo/Lana (Dua Lipa will probably do Glastonbury and Paramore are already touring)
  • Playboi Carti - I'd say Travis Scott but he'd be much more expensive and a risk I don't think the festival will take

Also forgetting that Blink 182 are likely to do a British festival and it's likely to be Reading. Paramore have wrapped up their support slot. Post Malone, Playboi and Fred Again the same year is extremely unlikely. You're probably right witht he female headliner and the two likely options are Paramore and Rodrigo. I think for the latter, it depends how high she wants to be up the Glastonbury bill compared to what else she wants to do. On the first album she only did Glastonbury here but you have Reading in play, Glastonbury and TRNSMT as minimum to promote.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

Also forgetting that Blink 182 are likely to do a British festival and it's likely to be Reading. Paramore have wrapped up their support slot. Post Malone, Playboi and Fred Again the same year is extremely unlikely. You're probably right witht he female headliner and the two likely options are Paramore and Rodrigo. I think for the latter, it depends how high she wants to be up the Glastonbury bill compared to what else she wants to do. On the first album she only did Glastonbury here but you have Reading in play, Glastonbury and TRNSMT as minimum to promote.

2021 had Stormzy, Post Malone and Disclosure - isn't that basically the same thing?

I'm not sure Fred will be MSE by next summer, they have 3 stadium acts doing it this year and he's not there yet

52 minutes ago, gfa said:

2021 had Stormzy, Post Malone and Disclosure - isn't that basically the same thing?

I'm not sure Fred will be MSE by next summer, they have 3 stadium acts doing it this year and he's not there yet

Yup a v solid MSW, at least at this stage.

The dance market moves fast, there's a chance he could be properly huge this time next year, or a little forgotten. Assume next year has been booked/ is being booked now, MSW seems like a good bet for both parties

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I actually haven't listened to Playboi long enough to be able to stomach it so hard to say. But I at least know those 1st 3 a little more I the mainstream who sound like they don't just belong at Wireless.

19 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I actually haven't listened to Playboi long enough to be able to stomach it so hard to say. But I at least know those 1st 3 a little more I the mainstream who sound like they don't just belong at Wireless.

Those two trios are no different

Fred Again is literally disclosure 2.0 - no way is he wireless 😂

On 7/28/2023 at 3:01 PM, Andre91 said:

Man, the album is unbelievable, right? Surely they’re moving heaven and earth to get him next year? 

Surely?? Although, if the K-POP video, and what he said at the O2 last year is anything to go off, might just be a stadium tour, with Wembley - if he does do that, can't see R&L being on the cards as well. 

But yeah, fantastic album. Him alone would swerve me to return to the festival. 

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Does anyone know why Olivia Rodrigo appears to have got Kevin Spacey from Se7en to do her logo design? It’s not giving me fun-loving pop superstar vibes…

Don’t think she’s aiming to be seen as a fun-loving pop star 

Single was called Vampire, LP is called Guts isn’t it?  Seems very appropriate 

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

Surely going to be:

Paramore | Travis Scott | Blink-182

Playboi Carti | Fred Again | Olivia Rodrigo

MSE not half as strong as this years, on paper.

It’s so much more interesting though (to me at least), mainly I guess because none of them have played the festival in years/ ever. I’d be excited for all 6, vs zero this year. 

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Surely going to be:

Kasabian | Fred Again | Olivia Rodrigo

I think that is much more likely. It's funny people talking about Olivia only can headline Glastonbury now as playing in that slot is no different to Lewis Capaldi being 3rd down the Pyramid with a huge tour that she doesn't have yet.

It would make two of those days hard to miss but no way can I camp. Going to grab a Blink ticket for October hopefully anyway

2 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Surely going to be:

Playboi Carti | Fred Again | Olivia Rodrigo

If I was to guess I reckon they will book at least 2 British headliners and they will try to get at least 1 on MSE. The festival loves home grown talent - since 2021, 12 out of the 18 headliners have been British. It's also probably cheaper and logistically easier.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Olivia Rodrigo isn’t headlining Glastonbury in 2024. Mental suggestion from people over in that thread. 

No chance Glastonbury. I could see a stretch perhaps to Reading MSE if the new album is MASSIVE

I suspect plans all already all set by now though for artists like that, who will have a very set plan for the next couple of years

6 minutes ago, Benj said:

Lizzo has just been cancelled hasn’t she?!

The irony of Lizzo fat shaming her crew. Forcing them to perform sexual acts on prostitutes she hired is horrific behaviour. Makes Matty Healys cancellation over breaking up with Swift seem like childs play.

I think Muse for Blink-182. But the festival should be pulling out all the stops this time following 2023s debacle and basically trying to hand tickets away this year, just 3 weeks before.

We can't forget that MSW has hosted some big names so far - 1975, Lewis Capaldi, Halsey, BMTH, Queens of the Stone Age, Biffy Clyro, Disclosure ... all acts that could headline other smaller festivals (or even past r&ls)

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Olivia Rodrigo isn’t headlining Glastonbury in 2024. Mental suggestion from people over in that thread. 

This isn't the point

The point is she would refuse to sub / do other, in the hopes of waiting a year or two more for headliner