William of Walworth

Kizzie

I'm not very good at expressing myself about these sorts of things. I've had a many a banter and a beer will Will over the years. Whilst at first I was slightly nervous of his bold politicism, he was never anything other than great company- with that sparkle in his eye and insistence on getting a Guardian newspaper every morning even when it meant cadging a lift/ leaving the festival for a couple of hours. Knew him with Stig and of course Debs. Went to a tiny free festival called Dragon in Spain with them. I could go on.. but certainly taken far too soon.

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I was last here, but I wanted to drop in to see this thread. William was a real one-off, and I will miss his weather-bothering presence and enthusiasm for life. Lovely to see his review from 2000 - sadly he persuaded us to watch Gong instead of Bowie, too 😄 

(just realised it's over 20 years since I joined!) 

Edited by moose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:35 PM, cidy said:

Think i remember him from a meet at the cider bus many yers ago ,didnt he retire early from the nhs And move to watchet. 

pretty sure he was quite involved with watchet festival .

he worked for the  V&A from what i remember, he moved to wales somewhere with his partner, no idea about watchet.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

he worked for the  V&A from what i remember, he moved to wales somewhere with his partner, no idea about watchet.

William did, but I believe @cidywas referring to Keef re watchet festival. Both missed very much on the festival circuit this year.

Edited by spg
Add words