Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Also I really do think @scatteredscreens you should stop sending people separate DMs and just take a break if this is bothering you. I'm not going to engage at all with those messages. I apologise for poking fun at your comments and I'm happy to leave it there.

That's fine. I just don't like people who don't know anything about you making personal claims about them. It's too far. I accept your apology and I'm sorry if my posts upset you too.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Then don’t engage in discussions you aren’t interested in then! 

As I said before, I'm interested in the discourse around TS, I just think continuous discussion about streaming numbers are silly. Not saying I'm right or have some godly opinion on it. Does that clear it up? Like I've said in other posts, I'm not trying to upset anyone and apologise if I have.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

As I said before, I'm interested in the discourse around TS, I just think continuous discussion about streaming numbers are silly. Not saying I'm right or have some godly opinion on it. Does that clear it up? Like I've said in other posts, I'm not trying to upset anyone and apologise if I have.

Tale as old as time. People who really like an artist aren’t content just to like them but have to explicitly justify why they’re the “best”. So they use sales/streaming figures as if to seal the deal on their point of view. You see it all the time here in arguments about stage positioning. 

Just now, GeezLouise said:

She said going to be in London tomorrow for the Graham Norton taping so the Bon Iver rumour might not be too crazy. I don’t think it will happen but have my fingers crossed for everyone attending who is an exile/evermore Stan. 

The twitter account that tracks celeb jets has her in London as of two days ago 

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

She randomly rocked up at that HAIM gig as well didn't she, so it's not out of the ballpark of possibility.

Would she do it twice in the same city? Different venue but, I mean JV does backing vocals on one of her new songs (Dear Reader) I think so it’s possible I guess

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's what I meant - it didn't do the gig any favours.

Nothing was going to do that gig favours tbh.

Plus, Exile is near the top of Swift fans' wishlist for the upcoming tour. It'd get the biggest reaction of the set I reckon.

Regarding sales figures, they've been a heated topic of conversation since I was a nipper (I'm in my 50s). It obviously was during the time of Elvis, the Beatles, Dylan, etc. 

It's quite interesting looking through this list and finding the ones that you remember being a big deal in your youth... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums