Mad Cool 2023

edge235

7 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Any idea when times will be dropped?

Going off the clashfinder atm but not taking it for Gospel

That‘s just guess based on band size. I wouldn’t even look at that.

For example, the stage setup is different from last year, so those 5 minutes breakes between the two major stages might not make any sense. 

I’m guessing it will be wildly different.

On 6/13/2023 at 12:07 PM, Akujin said:

There is a video of the festival grounds. Apparently this was a few days ago: 

The translated headline reads as "Mad Cool presents its new venue in Villaverde: in the middle of a wheat field, far from public transportation and with neighborhood complaints"

So they've got 3 weeks... thought they'd be further along by now.

Doesn't inspire much confidence, but I'm taking some comfort from the fact this is extremely similar to what happened with the Malaga version last year and they pulled that off.

Was meant to be a beach festival, until a month or so before the start that all fell through due to a sewage issue at the site. They moved it inland last minute, and were literally still constructing the stages when we went past on the way to our accommodation from the airport. Still ended up being a thoroughly enjoyable and surprisingly well executed festival.

Would I like them to be way further along than they clearly are? Absolutely yes.

Do I think there's still a reasonable chance they'll pull off a decent show regardless? Also yes.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • Upvote 1

On 6/14/2023 at 11:34 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Doesn't inspire much confidence, but I'm taking some comfort from the fact this is extremely similar to what happened with the Malaga version last year and they pulled that off.

Was meant to be a beach festival, until a month or so before the start that all fell through due to a sewage issue at the site. They moved it inland last minute, and were literally still constructing the stages when we went past on the way to our accommodation from the airport. Still ended up being a thoroughly enjoyable and surprisingly well executed festival.

Would I like them to be way further along than they clearly are? Absolutely yes.

Do I think there's still a reasonable chance they'll pull off a decent show regardless? Also yes.

Well, there's still time to get it ready. If the Malaga version last year went from looking doomed to being an awesome time, then we do have a precedent. I just thought they'd be slightly further down the track than that.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well, there's still time to get it ready. If the Malaga version last year went from looking doomed to being an awesome time, then we do have a precedent. I just thought they'd be slightly further down the track than that.

Yeah exactly. Never been to actual Mad Cool, but all the comments I've seen from people who have all basically say 'this is typical'.

Video from a local on twitter suggests they've at least made good progress sorting the ground, and something's being constructed - https://twitter.com/i/status/1670311440064864257

2 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

looks pretty soulless to be honest.

Hopefully they win me over, but I liked IFEMA and hate change.

I think I'd be more worried if they were a week further down the line and it was still that minimal.

I enjoyed the IFEMA site when I went in 2018 but my main memory was being next to Real Madrid's training ground and a long-arse walk through IFEMA to get the train back to the centre afterwards. I wouldn't exactly describe it as much to look at out of context. But I get that adjusting to change isn't that straight-forward.

11 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Any update on wristband movement?

We go away 1st July and then make our way to the festival from our other holiday so hoping to have had the wristband delivered well before then

Many people in the group chat have claimed that they have received it already. Many still haven’t. Worst case you can pick it up there.

On 6/19/2023 at 12:10 PM, Monty Pythagoras said:

Yeah not really worried about going without it - as with most things would rather just do without the hassle

Mine have been sat in a Madrid courier facility since 31st May with an expected delivery of Mon 5th June!

They're assured me they'll be here in time as we leave on the 3rd July.

5 hours ago, Macca077 said:

Mine have been sat in a Madrid courier facility since 31st May with an expected delivery of Mon 5th June!

They're assured me they'll be here in time as we leave on the 3rd July.

Mine said they got the courier on the 27th May, got a text from Royal Mail that they had them on Thursday and they were here on Saturday. 

Hopefully they won't be far off for you!

Festival officially starts next week!

We'll be getting the timetable this week surely too. Maybe, just maybe starting to get a bit excited.

Having the transport guide out soothes me a lot. Staying in Lavapies in the end so getting home won't be too hard it seems. Just so hard to predict with a totally new site. Currently committing to naivety but we'll see how it goes on Thursday next week.

• Upvote 1