Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

Lorde / Mumford & Sons / Macklemore ---> 100%

I Hate Models / Girl in Red / Loyle Carner ---> 95%

Placebo, The Strokes, Turnstile, Ava Max, Miley Cyrus, The Weeknd, Blur, Robin Schulz, Lana del Rey, Lizzo ---> 0%

+, NO Rock headliner.... Am I the only one who feel a bit...A LOT disappointed lol...?

Just now, Matt86 said:

+, NO Rock headliner.... Am I the only one who feel a bit...A LOT disappointed lol...?

same im super disappointed in that considering last year there was 2 rock headliners (AM and kings of leon) and one pysch rock headliner (tame impala), aswell as more rock/ alternative artists lower down. this year theres hardly any tbh

4 minutes ago, S_SSagoo said:

could it be that lorde and mumford co headline with each other? maybe

Mumfords Sunday, Lorde & Macklemore Monday would be my guess.

2 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

No.

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Placebo, The Strokes, Turnstile, Ava Max, Miley Cyrus, The Weeknd, Blur, Robin Schulz, Lana del Rey, Lizzo ---> 0%

Well, you lot expected big things. I tried my best to lower your expectations but you didn't listen 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Also deffo no Bicep and no First Aid Kit. Let's hope there's a few rock/indie acts on the undercard.

I'm dissapointed not necessarily that we don't have a proper rock act as headliners but because we don't seem to have any nice rock bands subheadlining.

There was a similar situation in 2017 when they had to bring lots of EDM stuff on the main stage, but somehow they managed to bring at least stuff like Kasabian, Biffy Clyro, Interpol, Billy Talent, The Kills, Breaking Benjamin, Bad Religion and others. And of course they also had freakin' Macklemore back then as well. He's one of their favorite acts to bring in when they can't find anything else.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

13 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

And you can add Charlotte de Witte in the 95% 

7 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Well, you lot expected big things. I tried my best to lower your expectations but you didn't listen 🤷‍♂️

not BIG, but certainly bigger than Mumford & Sons, compared to previous years.. Plus, when you see that The Strokes, The Killers, Placebo, QOTSA, Muse, RHCP etc... are touring this summer, you can expect wayyy better than Mumford & sons. WHich is NOT a rock act lol.

12 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Also deffo no Bicep and no First Aid Kit. Let's hope there's a few rock/indie acts on the undercard.

Where is this confirmed?

first aid kit and biceps are very likely because of all the other festivals they do in europe in August… 

2 minutes ago, Qishere said:

Where is this confirmed?

first aid kit and biceps are very likely because of all the other festivals they do in europe in August… 

Definitely neither coming I'm afraid, just need to work through the numbers that Leaks provided earlier and both are ruled out.

3 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Roflol what was the prompt?

I started by asking whether they could be considered "rock". The answer was a firm no. Then I asked for an ironic description of the band. Was quite funny, trying to describe them as rebellious punks, ended with "because nothing says "rock and roll" like a banjo". I then asked for a less complimentary one 😂

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

Doing the maths, we are getting Caroline Polochek or Fever Ray.

exactly ^^

6 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

There could still be some surprise great acts tomorrow. Leaks only answered our suggestions, so it could be that we weren't asking all of the right questions....

Avenged Sevenfold ???  😄 😄

1 minute ago, Matt86 said:

not BIG, but certainly bigger than Mumford & Sons, compared to previous years.. Plus, when you see that The Strokes, The Killers, Placebo, QOTSA, Muse, RHCP etc... are touring this summer, you can expect wayyy better than Mumford & sons. WHich is NOT a rock act lol.

Yes, these bands are touring, just not in early August. I've mentioned it several times that the headliner pool this year is really limited and they didn't have that many options. The size of the bands is also quite subjective. I don't consider Placebo or QOTSA bigger than Mumford & Sons at all. The Strokes are known for not being the greatest ticket sellers (+ they ask for a lot of money) so I'm not surprised by their absence.

I think the another problem is some of you think Sziget is something special. It's not... it's just another festival. It's not on the same level as Glasto or Coachella so you shouldn't really expect miracles or exclusive deals. Plus they clearly chose their new direction which is more pop and EDM oriented. With the correct marketing showing all the amazing decorations, activities and atmosphere (with max effort to hide all the dust, overcrowding and other problems) they don't seem to have a problem to get people on the island. Maybe it's time to start looking for different festival...

6 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Yes, these bands are touring, just not in early August. I've mentioned it several times that the headliner pool this year is really limited and they didn't have that many options. The size of the bands is also quite subjective. I don't consider Placebo or QOTSA bigger than Mumford & Sons at all. The Strokes are known for not being the greatest ticket sellers (+ they ask for a lot of money) so I'm not surprised by their absence.

I think the another problem is some of you think Sziget is something special. It's not... it's just another festival. It's not on the same level as Glasto or Coachella so you shouldn't really expect miracles or exclusive deals. Plus they clearly chose their new direction which is more pop and EDM oriented. With the correct marketing showing all the amazing decorations, activities and atmosphere (with max effort to hide all the dust, overcrowding and other problems) they don't seem to have a problem to get people on the island. Maybe it's time to start looking for different festival...

Arctic Monkeys / Kings Of leon / Tame Impala as headliners last year, plus Clutch, Inhaler, Fontaines DC, Palaye Royale, cleopatrick , Kensington, Nova Twins... hum hum , it seems to me there was a decent number of rock acts 😉

And when you say "these bands are not touring in August" : Placebo are, The Strokes are, The Killers are ,... 

And finally, I strongly disagree : Sziget isn't "just another festival", you should know if you've tried other fests' 😉