Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

13 minutes ago, kristofm said:

Liam played here in 2018 as a sub and didn't do anything since then that would make him more popular than he was 5 years ago.

Can't really agree. He was here with one album, since then 2 new successfull albums, MTV unpluged, Knewborth.. + Sziget goes more after UK audience. I said co-head, off course he alone is not enough in mainland

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Lorde... Headliner .... lol

I really like Lorde, my daughter saw her last year and said it was the best gig she's ever been to and she wasn't that much of a fan beforehand. I think she's a possible headliner with a very strong sub.

That said, the venues she toured in UK last year were only 2,000 capacity so maybe she's the very strong sub to someone bigger.

Edited by swelsbyuk

4 minutes ago, rowexx said:

lorde would be a dream..is she playing anything that would keep her in europe between 9th of august and 13-14?

On her website she's playing Boardmasters on 11th August with no other gigs four months either side of that date. I'm as confident as I possibly can be that she'll be at Sziget* with that amount of availability, it's just whether she's headliner or sub.

*Which almost certainly means she won't be 😉

Edited by swelsbyuk

57 minutes ago, Newjem said:

...and still headlined Primavera and Lollapalooza Stockholm last year.

Primavera 2022 had 10, 11, 12 headliners ? come on lol

And I consider lolla stockholm way smaller than sziget...

really, having Florence + Lorde as headliners the same year would be a cheap edition. For now ,only Billie Eilish can be consider as "indisputable" headliner... last years, no one would argue with foo fighters, ed sheeran, dua lipa or arctic monkeys being headliners.. so yes, I'm still waiting for ,at least, one big name; And Lorde clearly isn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Matt86 said:

Primavera 2022 had 10, 11, 12 headliners ? come on lol

And I consider lolla stockholm way smaller than sziget...

really, having Florence + Lorde as headliners the same year would be a cheap edition. For now ,only Billie Eilish can be consider as "indisputable" headliner... last years, no one would argue with foo fighters, ed sheeran, dua lipa or arctic monkeys being headliners.. so yes, I'm still waiting for ,at least, one big name; And Lorde clearly isn't.

There’s a lack of headliners this year and some festivals had really problems to get the right headliners. Also most of the headliners you see touring in Europe this year, was already touring heavily last year. That’s why Rock Werchter repeated Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rock am Ring had to get exclusive deal with Foo Fighters (but they nearly ended up with Rise Against and Limp Bizkit as headliners at one point). Sziget isn’t such powerhouse tho. They rarely get these exclusive ‘one-off’ deals and I think it will be even harder to get one now when they’re struggling financially a little bit. Even in their best years before Covid, they had smaller headliners, like The 1975 or The National in 2019, who are maybe even smaller names than Lorde in mainland Europe.

24 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Are the Killers ruled out? They are playing PKP and Reading, which makes them a contender for the remaining rock slot. wdyt?

leaks sayd weeks ago that they're out.

but i think some big name that was meant to tour in augost is out (the cause to the delay and other fests booking smaller names as heads), so who knows...