Volunteering 2023

neil93

49 minutes ago, CleanShirt said:

Good luck everyone!! I don't know how but I managed to grab the one that came up at  5.30.. Google Pay and my bank kept me hanging though so really didn't think it was going to happen! 

I was on the proceed page for about 24 hours before I was timed out earlier in the week so you may still get there tomorrow.

Quick question how do you manage to stay on the proceed page with out it logging you out for so long.

17 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Quick question how do you manage to stay on the proceed page with out it logging you out for so long.

Not sure tbh... I was trying the proceed button quite a lot through the day and then first thing the next morning and it was still working before I was timed out out by like 8am and needed to log in again. To be fair it probably wasn't a whole day as I got through to the proceed page about 1.30pm the day before. 

I haven't been using distill or anything like that either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CleanShirt said:

Not sure tbh... I was trying the proceed button quite a lot through the day and then first thing the next morning and it was still working before I was timed out out by like 8am and needed to log in again. To be fair it probably wasn't a whole day as I got through to the proceed page about 1.30pm the day before. 

I take it Glastonbury has to appear in the the drop down box of festivals for you even to be able to proceed ? Never bloody got that far 😂.

3 minutes ago, CleanShirt said:

Are you on mobile phone or laptop?

9 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

I take it Glastonbury has to appear in the the drop down box of festivals for you even to be able to proceed ? Never bloody got that far 😂.

Honestly the first time it appeared I accidently refreshed again because I wasn't expecting it to ever show up! Keep the faith.. fingers crossed your time comes!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CleanShirt said:

Honestly the first time it appeared I accidently refreshed again because I wasn't expecting it to ever show up! Keep the faith.. fingers crossed your time comes!! 

Cheers mate, yeah still confident of getting a place. It’s a marathon not a sprint 😂.

I am over the moon. Managed to secure an after festival Clean up position with the Recycle crew. This means I get to have the entire festival to spend with my 7 year old. 
it's our last Glastonbury, as we are planning to return to Australia later in the year. Bring on Glasto 2023! 

• Upvote 4

Ok, because I'm feeling generous (and because I'm bored as every other fucker is inexplicably watching that Eurovision shit) -

Here's how to pre-emptively enable the "proceed" button so you're ready.. (instructions checked with Firefox, but I think Chrome and Edge should be minor cosmetic differences at most):

1. Right Click on the "Choose a Festival" box
2. From the context menu, choose "Inspect"
3. A pane or window should come up showing the web page code - expand the part starting with "<select id" (on firefox it should jump straight to this and highlight it)
4. Find "<option value="4"" and remove the bit that says "disabled="disabled""
5. Close the code pane/window and go back to the page. Select Steward and Glastonbury from the list.

Job done. You may also choose to remove the "sold out" text, but this is purely cosmetic so it doesn't matter either way.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, incident said:

Ok, because I'm feeling generous (and because I'm bored as every other fucker is inexplicably watching that Eurovision shit) -

Here's how to pre-emptively enable the "proceed" button so you're ready.. (instructions checked with Firefox, but I think Chrome and Edge should be minor cosmetic differences at most):

3. A pane or window should come up showing the web page code - expand the part starting with "<select id" (on firefox it should jump straight to this and highlight it)
5. Close the code pane/window and go back to the page. Select Steward and Glastonbury from the list.

Job done. You may also choose to remove the "sold out" text, but this is purely cosmetic so it doesn't matter either way.

At this rate am willing to give anything a go - cheers

10 hours ago, incident said:

Seemed to do the trick, thanks.

May the battle of proceed commence and good luck everybody today.

It's a waiting game and I think we will all get the slots we need with patience. Still a long way until the festival and we are on it. 

10 hours ago, incident said:

When I try this on Chrome I think i've found the right section but it doesn't allow be to delete/remove parts of the code, do I need to enable an editing mode to allow me to do that - can't see an option for that?

18 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

When I try this on Chrome I think i've found the right section but it doesn't allow be to delete/remove parts of the code, do I need to enable an editing mode to allow me to do that - can't see an option for that?

Don't worry, I downloaded Firefox and it worked in there.

6 minutes ago, manclisa said:

Ah I can’t download Firefox on my work laptop. Rubbish and can’t get chrome to do it.

It is possible on chrome. Not quite sure how I done it but I am now on the proceed button. I did delete something on the right.

15 minutes ago, manclisa said:

Ah I can’t download Firefox on my work laptop. Rubbish and can’t get chrome to do it.

Sorry if you've already tried this but I managed to alter mine by literally double clicking on the "disabled="disabled" bit and then deleting from there

• Thanks 1