Volunteering 2023

neil93

1 minute ago, golden egg said:

Is it safe to say the places were all released at 2pm and I can stop refreshing now? Until the next monitor notification at least? I had the notification at 2 and went straight on. This would be a lot easier with an office or work from home job!

No, there's been a couple more since then, but as @Havors can attest, they're gone again in the blink of an eye

For "dead" time on shifts, learn a new skill!  Juggling is popular, small musical instrument like a ukulele, try to team up with someone to speak in a second language only for half hour (this is actually quite hard to do!).  There's all sorts going on - shift is as dead or as interesting as you want to make it.  I quite like the down time if it is dry and there is shade, conserve my head space for later......

4 minutes ago, Amani said:

For "dead" time on shifts, learn a new skill!  Juggling is popular, small musical instrument like a ukulele, try to team up with someone to speak in a second language only for half hour (this is actually quite hard to do!).  There's all sorts going on - shift is as dead or as interesting as you want to make it.  I quite like the down time if it is dry and there is shade, conserve my head space for later......

Some people have to fill their time, some people are good at waiting and can happily do a whole lot of nothing.

I'm very, very much in the latter of that  😄  

2 minutes ago, LNettle97 said:

Does it help to have a couple of people trying from one account i.e. one via desktop and one via app? Or would you advise against? Thanks!

We had several people trying for one account today. It did take a duplicate payment as two of us got in at the same time.

More chances the better I would say. 

18 minutes ago, muffpuffin said:

So my advice would be if you do get through to the page but it says sold out or unavailable keep the page open and keep hitting proceed. That’s how I eventually got mine after about two hours of doing this on and off 

You mean this page?

20230502_162646.jpg

4 minutes ago, muffpuffin said:

Yes!

I've had that open since 11am and been hitting that button as much as I can. Had to go out at 2pm to see my Mum so missed the load that went back on sale then 😞. Wasn't sure if this was the best strategy or to start with fresh page and f5 and check the dropdown for Glasto to appear, as it worked for you i'll keep going.

Edited by Johnnyseven

4 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I've had that open since 11am and been hitting that button as much as I can. Had to go out at 2pm to see my Mum so missed the load that went back on sale then. 😞

That’s a shame. I got mine around 3.45 so still worth trying 

3 minutes ago, muffpuffin said:

That’s a shame. I got mine around 3.45 so still worth trying 

Yeah I think I saw one pop up around then, you must've beaten me to it. I'm definitely keeping on trying. I have got an application in with Event Bars so hopefully that pans out if not Oxfam.

2 hours ago, Havors said:

got a monitor on 1 second interval, nothing has changed. 

What app are you using for that?

I've got Web Alert running but the shortest time it has is 1 minute and you have to pay for that. I tried to use Distill and I can't work out how to use it, when I try to add the Oxfam webpage it just says NO DATASOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS WEBSITE and won't set it up. I'm crap at IT stuff.

After having no luck for myself or any of my group for the first time since 2010 in any of the ticket sales, I managed to land an Oxfam spot this morning. I can’t quite believe it! 😄 first time volunteering and first time going solo! 😱 

For the lucky people that got through for  oxfam today. Do we have to complete the whole application like reference etc by tomorrow or just the Glastonbury part. Also all the training sessions seem to be post festival. Can anyone help thanks 

5 minutes ago, scubamoley said:

After having no luck for myself or any of my group for the first time since 2010 in any of the ticket sales, I managed to land an Oxfam spot this morning. I can’t quite believe it! 😄 first time volunteering and first time going solo! 😱 

You won’t be solo for long. Join the WhatsApp’s and you’ll find plenty of other friendly people going solo

• Like 1