Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

53 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They post a notification if the festival is about to sell out. Just follow their social media posts and you'll be okay

Cool.....is it easy to pick up tickets when people are selling there's once they have been distributed? Can you transfer on ticketmaster?

On 4/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, Ohad said:

Realized there's no reason not to buy a food/drink voucher, if it's indeed cheaper than the festivalsite. I want to assess how much i need, but since the last time I attended was 2018, please help me refresh my memory:

- how many "tokens" (tickets? What was the term?) a shower costs? 

- I seem to recall a snack costs around 2-3 tokens and a proper meal about 3-4.5. Sounds about right?

Also, for Hive fellows - can you remind me where and how can I charge my phone? For free/cost of..?

Showers are like half a token from last year. I don't think they've changed much since 2018. 

snacks are around 2/3. Proper meals I can't recall. 

In the Hive you can get the lockers with power in them or get one of the portable chargers from Proximus. I can't remember anywhere else to charge a phone for free. Years back I remeber a charge point that everyone was stuffed around.

• Thanks 1

Thankfully majority of acts I want to see are main stage and slope(thats open air correct?)....Dean Lewis and CHARLOTTE de witte only 2 i want to see in tent.....but whole closing tents disappoints me.....not the real festival experience not being able to wander into a tent......1st year at this festival so hoping the festival experience complements the brilliant line up....can't wait for it

31 minutes ago, Cw91 said:

Thankfully majority of acts I want to see are main stage and slope(thats open air correct?)....Dean Lewis and CHARLOTTE de witte only 2 i want to see in tent.....but whole closing tents disappoints me.....not the real festival experience not being able to wander into a tent......1st year at this festival so hoping the festival experience complements the brilliant line up....can't wait for it

If they close the tent, it's all about security. Barriers closed or not, it's the same thing: if it's full, you can't enter. So they put security and close the doors to make sure it's safe. It's like an indoor show in a venue. I don't see how it can kill the festival vibes... Security first 🙂 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Cw91 said:

I'd recommend arriving 15min early for Editors, Rosalia, Fred Again (!), Charlotte de Witte, Iggy Pop and probably Sigur Ros. Those Barn shows will be popular. Very weird they didn't put Editors and Fred against RHCP/Muse so there is a bit of crowd control. 

I never watch the shows on the screen outside though, that's ridiculous. Rather watch it at home on your TV then... 

I agree with @Archi. It does sucks if you don't plan good enough or underestimate the pull of a certain act or even if you really enjoying an act on one tent and by the time the show finished the other tent is already full but there were times that getting into the tent was really dangerous. Those tents provide the best atmosphere there is in RW.

Also, I do find the screen and Soundsystem outside of the tents very useful, especially when there's an uptempo\dance act - people dance and there are great vibes all around.

if you ask me, I’d say Fred Again in the Tent is a big mistake. He could be Main Stage Closer and attracts as many people as Stromae does. Hey Rock Werchter, put a little faith in him… I have seen him at Primavera Sound and I‘m knowing what I‘m talking about..

2 hours ago, Cw91 said:

Reading online that they close tents once full? Is this true??? 

Paying 300 cuid and being forced to watch on a screen outside????

Better than barging your way in to a tent that was full in the first place and making the crowd unbearable tbh. Means that anyone who wants to be there really wants to be there and isn't just dossing about

The only issue is that everyone crowds at the crowd and then there's loads of space in the middle so security doesn't realise when they're not full 

15 hours ago, Nicklord said:

What I find annoying is that the security isn't pushing people in the back to the front, at least a bit. There were numerous occasions where I could barely go through the first few rows of people in the back and then from the middle of the tent you can do cartwheels 

Yep, they don't count people they just look at the jam at the back and close the doors, not reopening them either. They need to connect the people at the exits on the side who can see huge spaces to the doors at the back.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mariooguti said:

Hi! We have a friend that wants to join us to come RW and the only tickets camp available is Hive My Space. We have purchased tickets of normal The Hive. For those who had came RW before, is Hive My Space the same camping that The Hive? Can he stay with us in the same parcel? Thanks!!!!

No that won't be possible. Hive and Hive MySpace are separated.

• Upvote 1

While the security system they follow for the tents has caused me missing out on a show or two in the past, I strongly support it. Because once you are inside the atmosphere is great, enjoyable and safe. For the first timers, keep in mind that these are not your average festival tents - they are much larger than usual. The Barn alone hosts 20k people.

One improvement they could make to avoid the congestion at the entrance and have a more equal ppl spread inside is to add (controlled) IN\OUT flow on the side doors as well. These are used as exits only until now.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, branvan said:

Get in before Sigur Ros and then stay in there... This would be 100%... 😉 All Sigur Ros - Xavier Rudd - Fred Again will get full...

Will suck to miss Oscar and the Wolf but worth it for Fred. Was planning to see Sigur Ros and Xavier Rudd anyway so will just skip the Oscar show. 

What is there to do inside The Barn for the hour between sets? I assume that there’s a bar in there? Is there a chill out area too with seating and stuff?

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

4 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Will suck to miss Oscar and the Wolf but worth it for Fred. Was planning to see Sigur Ros and Xavier Rudd anyway so will just skip the Oscar show. 

What is there to do inside The Barn for the hour between sets? I assume that there’s a bar in there? Is there a chill out area too with seating and stuff?

I don't think you need to take it too literally.😉 I've never encountered the red crosses when arriving 20-25 min early. 

• Thanks 1