Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

The timetable is also available now. 

Not happy about the Liam - Editors and RHCP - Wardruna overlaps although one was expected between these four. For the rest I don't see any big surprises. 

Edit: Oh and I see that what I was anticipating actually happened. They moved one act (Nathaniel...) from the Barn to the Main to make space for Charlotte

Edited by Floyd_Ams

8 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Nathaniel moved from the Barn to the Main to make space for Charlotte...

Thanks for the info. Honestly, when I saw the name of Charlotte DW, I thought they add her as closing act on the Main Stage. Not sub on the Barn before Iggy Pop.

13 hours ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Nathaniel moved from the Barn to the Main to make space for Charlotte...

Not only an underwhelming name added, but they managed to ruin one of my must sees, by moving them to main (where they "drowned" last time). My 11th year and this is by far the weakest version, but I guess that means a less hectic shedule at least.

So what artists are you planning on seeing now given the current schedule? 

I will do it like this: 
Thursday: Weyes Blood, Anna Calvi, The 1975, Sam Fender, Iggy Pop

Friday: Cavetown, Spoon, Bear´s Den/Hot Milk, The Black Keys, Liam, RHCP

Saturday: Vintage Trouble, Dead Poet Society, Interpol, Sigur Ros, DeanLewis/Muse

Sunday: Destroy Boys, Lumineers, Lil Nas X, Queens of the Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys

Looks like a pretty busy year after all;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I will do it like this: 

Saturday: Vintage Trouble, Dead Poet Society, Interpol, Sigur Ros, DeanLewis/Muse

Sunday: Destroy Boys, Lumineers, Lil Nas X, Queens of the Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys

A REAL busy year.

THURSDAY: Weyes Blood, Nethaniel Ratelife, The 1975, The Reytons, Charlotte De Witte, Stormzy, Stromae

FRIDAY: Squid, Black Box Revelations,  Kasabian, The Black Keys, Liam Gallagher, Red Hot Chili Peppers

SATURDAY: Danielle Ponder, blackwave, Sigur Ros, Machine Gun Kelly, Oscar and the Wolf, Muse

SUNDAY: The Driver Era, Ethan Bortnick, Inhaler, The Lumineers, J.I.D, Queens of the Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I will do it like this: 

Haven't discussed it with my friends nor given it much thought yet but it might look something like this (minus a couple of bands on Thu & Fri - My absolute "must sees" with bold) :

Thursday: Anna Calvi, Body Type, Nathaniel Rateliff, The Reytons, Charlotte or The Snuts, Iggy Pop, Royksopp 

Friday: Squid, Spoon, Black Box Revelation, The Hu, The Black Keys, PUP, Liam Gallagher, RHCP or Wardruna

Saturday: Dead Poet Society, Interpol, Sigur Ros, Xavier Rudd, Fred Again.., Muse

Sunday: Amenra, Gabriels, Puscifer, QOTSA, Rufus Du Sol

It will probably end up being something completely different as usual...

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2023 at 6:08 AM, tmolvik said:

My 11th year and this is by far the weakest version, but I guess that means a less hectic shedule at least.

I'll agree with you, it's probably the weakest version from the ones that I've been to although I don't consider it weak. It's a weird summer for European festivals in general. I look at the lineups of all major non-genre-specific festivals and I still find RW's being the best one (for my personal taste that is). I was a bit jealous at Primavera for a while primarily due to having Blur and Depeche Mode. But looking at the undercard and especially after buying tickets to see Blur at their own show, I'm not anymore (my pockets are empty though 😂).

So on the bright side, we 'll have a bit more space as I don't see it selling out this year and the opportunity to discover new bands or see some others for the first time (e.g. I'm really looking forward to seeing Dead Poet Society and The Reytons).

On 4/5/2023 at 2:46 PM, gingerevans84 said:

Statement from Stromae that his health isnt what it should be and all shows cancelled to the end of May. Hopefully he's good for the Thursday.

If they do have to pull out what are the chances of a replacement headliner as opposed to a reshuffle and bump up for one of the subs?

On 4/7/2023 at 4:22 PM, Nicklord said:

There are lockers that you can rent, some with electricity as well.

I only really have my tokens, max 50€ and my phone with me

What is the €50 for? I was told it was tokens only on the festival site (first time attending) or is the cash for extra curriculars?

On 4/8/2023 at 10:57 AM, ParanoidTourist said:

I will do it like this: 

My current schedule looks like this:

Thu

Compact Disk Dummies > Holly > Gayle > Nethaniel > Lil Lotus > 1975 > Charlotte > Stormzy > end of Iggy

Fri

Spoon > Kasabian > Black Keys or Ben Howard > Liam > end of Editors > RHCP (maybe)

Sat

Vintage Trouble > Dead Poet Society > Mimi > Paulo > end of Sigur > Xavier > Oscar > Fred > Muse

Sun

Amenra > Baby Queen > Christine and the Queens > QOTSA > end of Rosalia > Arctic Monkeys 

Subday afternoon needs fleshing out but super pleased with the rest. 

• Upvote 1

Also couldn’t be happier with the fact I’ve got basically no clash between Muse and Fred Again… I had convinced myself as both were headlining their respective stages that I’d have to choose but now I get to do both 🙌☺️

It’s my first time attending so if people could let me know roughly how much time it takes to get between stages that would be great. 

29 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Also couldn’t be happier with the fact I’ve got basically no clash between Muse and Fred Again… I had convinced myself as both were headlining their respective stages that I’d have to choose but now I get to do both 🙌☺️

It’s my first time attending so if people could let me know roughly how much time it takes to get between stages that would be great. 

The stages are super close compared to any other festival i attended. If I remember correctly, it takes less than 10 mins from the Slope to the Barn ("opposite" sides).

But of course, it's not only the distance that matters, but also how crowded it is

Edited by Ohad
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ohad said:

The stages are super close compared to any other festival i attended. If I remember correctly, it takes less than 10 mins from the Slope to the Barn ("opposite" sides).

But of course, it's not only the distance that matters, but also how crowded it is

So is KluB C halfway between? 5 mins from The Slope Or The Barn? How far is each from the main stage?

Also (probably a daft question) just how sloped is The Slope? It looks like a really cool concept so the back of the crowd gets as good a view as the front but are we talking ski slope or gentle stroll? My better half saw it an hatched plans of sledding 😅

5 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

So is KluB C halfway between? 5 mins from The Slope Or The Barn? How far is each from the main stage?

Also (probably a daft question) just how sloped is The Slope? It looks like a really cool concept so the back of the crowd gets as good a view as the front but are we talking ski slope or gentle stroll? My better half saw it an hatched plans of sledding 😅

All stages are super close to each other considering the size of the festival and usually there is no congestion due to the large open spaces around them. Walking from KlubC to the Barn takes seconds - they are almost next to each other. Between The Slope and the Barn (KlubC is in the middle but closer to the Barn) is no more than 5'. Now getting to the main...well it depends where and at what time - it covers a huge area - but again within 10'-15' you can go pretty much anywhere (assuming you are not trying to get to the front of the main stage after a headliner has started.)

The slope is a large sitting/relaxing area with a view (from afar) to the main stage and the smallest stage at the back.

Ps: Don't forget to check out the North West Walls area.

Edited by Floyd_Ams