BST 2023

mike99

1 hour ago, OmegaXA said:

Has anyone been to any of the other acts so far this year? I brought a diamond ticket for Lana but have been hearing the view from diamond isn’t actually all that? 

anyone have any first hand experience? 

It has really depended on the day.

Days with a thrust are good and diamond has a part of the stage, but on Guns n Roses day diamond was relegated to in front of the stage left screen. Don't know how much of that is because they had a walkway to one of the front of house towers for VIP access but I felt pretty bad for those who'd paid for diamond. Lana is no thrust so unless they make some last minute changes I'd say you need to get there early to be anywhere approaching close to the stage. 

On 6/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, Bob123456 said:

Anyone know any single spare ticket for bruce on Thursday or Saturday , struggling on axs to find a single ticket as they pop up as pairs

Getting to the point where I'm considering offering up a kidney for Bruce tickets. Where are you seeing the pairs go up? I've been looking for weeks and seen absolutely nothing. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's on tour with her. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the hold up is her trying to get her auld yin on the bill and BST pushing back.  

Don't think so. Isn't he doing his own instore at Rough Trade that afternoon? Yet another reason to be concerned that she's going to turn up late.

1 hour ago, ubetterwerk said:

I keep seeing comments about Lana's BST day being cancelled as they 'can't agree on timings'? Hopefully completely false, but it's still weird that no openers have been announced yet.

Absolutely untrue, Lana fans just love to gossip. Same deal with convincing each other that huge artists such as The Weeknd are supporting. Frustrating that nothing has been said but I don't know where they think spreading rumours and posting strange threats actually gets them, it's a little embarrassing. 

'MyLondon contacted BST Hyde Park about the rumours. They assured the gig is still going ahead and the support acts will be announced this week.

A spokesperson told MyLondon: "This is going ahead and supports will be announced."'

https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/bst-hyde-park-lana-update-27247755

ETA: aidenlangan95 beats me to it.

Edited by David Gray (90+2)

I don't think it's about being lax, I think it's that Lana was a late booking and they've been having trouble securing suitable acts who are already playing on other festivals/their own tours that weekend. I also wouldn't be surprised if she had it written into her contract that she has to okay artists/is helping curate at least the main stage and that has held the process up too. Just speculating there though. 

Edited by c82588

Anyone been to any of the shows so far that can advise on the bag situation? I've managed to pick up tickets for Thursday and will be coming from work with bag/ laptop etc and don't want to be stopped from getting in. 

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Anyone been to any of the shows so far that can advise on the bag situation? I've managed to pick up tickets for Thursday and will be coming from work with bag/ laptop etc and don't want to be stopped from getting in. 

I was irritated as we had obeyed the strict instructions but definitely could have gone up to a normal cloth bag size so they werent that strict. I didnt see anyone with a normal size backpack apart from parents with babies though. I would have thought they would make you store with a laptop tbh.